PDA

View Full Version : Bally Hi Lo Ace

jyebow
26th September 2008, 11:43 PM
I picked up a Bally Hi Lo Ace a fortnight ago.
Thanks again to Tony for posting the details here on the forum.
The machine wasn't working & was in need of a clean.
I got it home & started to strip the playfield & have a go at removing the mylar.
I used the hairdryer & shellite trick & it came off ok. The shooter lane was covered in dark brown woodgrain contact so it had to come off as well.
In the meantime I ordered rubbers, globes, new popbumper bodies, novus etc off Greg & it arrived today (Thanks mate).
So I just spent the night in the shed cleaning the playfield & having a few beers.

jyebow
26th September 2008, 11:53 PM
Here's some pics of the arch with & with out the woodgrain contact. At least the dodgy woodgrain contact protected the arch as it's in great nick & hardly any wear.

jyebow
27th September 2008, 12:05 AM
I got some new bumper bodies & bumper skirts off Greg.
I've only fitted 1 but they look alot better.( see pic below with only 1 bumper replaced) cheap at $2.50 for the body & $2.10 for the skirt.
a cheap way to improve the looks of your pin.

Fish Tales
27th September 2008, 06:58 AM
Looks great, and nice color in that PF. Notice it was a Newcastle operated machine.
:)

Foot
27th September 2008, 07:08 AM
Coming along nicely. I had a good chuckle looking at the woodgrain contact

Fish Tales
27th September 2008, 07:11 AM
Seen that woodgrain around popbumpers, and to me it looks ok, better than worn paint and wood.

Strangeways
27th September 2008, 10:19 AM
Nice pickup, mate !

That playfield looks AWESOME ! I'm glad you went down the road of removing the mylar. The cleaned pf looks new. Very nice transformation.

Great work !

Drfish
27th September 2008, 01:59 PM
Nice progress, bit of elbow grease and that will come up nice!

jyebow
29th September 2008, 09:17 PM
Just took some more pics.7952

Installed the new pop bumpers & had a few games.
Very happy with the way it's.
The playfield came up alot better than I expected. The only bad part is a groove that has worn where an "operator" has trimmed the mylar with a stanley knife:unsure see pic. I might be able to match the paint & touch it up.

jyebow
29th September 2008, 09:21 PM
Looks great, and nice color in that PF. Notice it was a Newcastle operated machine.
:)

Yeah Greg, It must of been a Newcastle Machine originally. I picked it up from Sydney where the previous owner had owned it since the 80's.
It's funny how they had the woodgrained contact on the shooter lane & arch, as my pool table was originally from that some "op" & its had the woodgrained contact treatment as well:lol

Fish Tales
30th September 2008, 06:58 AM
Playfield almost looks new, makes my Mustang look like a slapper.
lol

GORGAR 1
30th September 2008, 01:46 PM
That shines awsome-can I be rude and ask what sort of money that set u back in that condition?

Peter

illawarra_steelers
30th September 2008, 07:08 PM
Hey Steve,

That game has come up awesome and from all reports it is an excellent game to play.

Pity it isn't a Gottlieb though ;)

Railways
30th September 2008, 08:40 PM
Nice going Steve - If I knew it was going to come up that good I would have driven down the F3 myself at 4 in the morning just to beat you to it.(quiet mumbles of jealousy!!):lol:lol