PDA

View Full Version : Running New Ram in Old Computer

miikeboyle
4th July 2006, 12:09 AM
I have a Pentium 3 computer that has 128mb of sd pc-133 ram.

I have 512mb of Kingston ram ddr 333 and was wondering if this would work in my Pentium 3

Thanks
Mike

The Pinny Parlour
4th July 2006, 12:19 AM
I have a Pentium 3 computer that has 128mb of sd pc-133 ram.

I have 512mb of Kingston ram ddr 333 and was wondering if this would work in my Pentium 3

Thanks
Mike
No

RetroGame
4th July 2006, 07:39 AM
I think that if you sacrifice a goat using a silver knife at midnight on a full moon, drip the goats blood over the DDR Ram and get a virgin to install the Ram into the PIII motherboard. It might work... but I could be wrong?

Savage
4th July 2006, 07:50 AM
different slots, ddr has one notch, sd has two. I've got sticks of SD ram around, after a quick check I've found a stick of 128Mb and a 258MB stick, that's with out looking for any more (whole drawer full of memory). If interested give me a pm. Pay for postage and a few bucks. I'll look for more tonight if interested

Davefjedi
4th July 2006, 10:21 AM
different slots, ddr has one notch, sd has two. I've got sticks of SD ram around, after a quick check I've found a stick of 128Mb and a 258MB stick, that's with out looking for any more (whole drawer full of memory). If interested give me a pm. Pay fo postage and a few bucks. I'll look for moe tomight if interested
Did you find moe i saw him on the simpsons lastnight:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :tomato

Savage
4th July 2006, 10:54 AM
Did you find moe i saw him on the simpsons lastnight:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :tomato

What the?

TheYellowDart
4th July 2006, 11:06 AM
What the?

I'll look for moe tomight if interested

(hah, it says I need to actually write something of my own here, so I am. Oh, and as others have said that RAM will not work in your old computer, even if the slots did match up.)

Davefjedi
4th July 2006, 11:24 AM
you couls use a hacksaw to put the extra slot in the ram :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

Savage
4th July 2006, 12:21 PM
(hah, it says I need to actually write something of my own here, so I am. Oh, and as others have said that RAM will not work in your old computer, even if the slots did match up.)

LOL, I read over it several times, missed it each time... now edited, so :016:

MadMikeAU
4th July 2006, 01:38 PM
I think that if you sacrifice a goat using a silver knife at midnight on a full moon, drip the goats blood over the DDR Ram and get a virgin to install the Ram into the PIII motherboard. It might work... but I could be wrong?

Now, if it a naked female virgin 18-40 who dance around it naked and tried to install....

Dunno, worth a try, but only if you upload the AVI of it here to fully satify the gods.

Prof
6th July 2006, 06:24 AM
I want the 258mb stick. Missed that one, didn't you.. :)

The Pinny Parlour
6th July 2006, 07:51 AM
I want the 258mb stick. Missed that one, didn't you.. :)
I have some RAM laying around Geoff if you need.