PDA

View Full Version : Marquee

maxpower
16th September 2008, 04:34 PM
Hi all I need a marquee for my upright. I suck at photoshop and was wondering if someone can help. The size I need is 580mmx330mm. I have a customer that's a sign writer and he will print it out for me so just need something. It is using a 60 in 1 multi board so something like arcade classics?? I found this and it looks ok.
http://www.mamemarquees.com/popup_image.php?pID=245&type=jpg
Thanks all
Max

dmworking247
16th September 2008, 04:46 PM
What colour scheme?

I could send you my generic marquee:
http://got2getalife.com/arcade/webshots/s_marquee_01.jpg
http://got2getalife.com/arcade/webshots/s_marquee_02.jpg

And does your customer want more business? If he's willing to take files by email for marquees and post them out around Australia... us AussieArcade members always seem to find it hard to find a convenient, reliable, cost-effective means to get our marquees printed.

Davefjedi
16th September 2008, 05:03 PM
I think Narf was going to get some aussie arcade ones done up I am waiting on news on them

maxpower
16th September 2008, 05:13 PM
What colour scheme?

I could send you my generic marquee:
http://got2getalife.com/arcade/webshots/s_marquee_01.jpg
http://got2getalife.com/arcade/webshots/s_marquee_02.jpg

And does your customer want more business? If he's willing to take files by email for marquees and post them out around Australia... us AussieArcade members always seem to find it hard to find a convenient, reliable, cost-effective means to get our marquees printed.

Any color will do. I have nearly finshed it. Just waiting on glass. He wants about $30-$40 dollars to print it so it's abit dear. I did a job for him and charged and extra $40 so it will cost me nothing. LOL

narf_
16th September 2008, 06:19 PM
hey dale

ive got a mate that can do that request

and dave

been sidetrack on that project i forgot and got given a free one to fill the space. but if you want one i can order you one across or send the details of the guy to you

daics3522
19th September 2008, 09:13 AM
Hi all,
I have spoken with my business signwriter who is a sponsor of our organisation and he is willing to look at what he can do for us also.

Can someone please send me approximate measurements of standard marquees. I have an LAI upright and mine measures 660mm x 200mm (26" x 8") and if anyone else has sizing that I can send to him to get some prices that would be great.

He has a digital colour printer that prints on adhesive vinyl in high quality at very affordable prices. He recently printed me a 600mm x 600mm full colour sign for work and charged me $10.00 so who knows we may be able to get em cheap if we have some good quantities.

This is where I have accessed my marquee from and I would like know what other AA members think...............

Click here (http://vectorlib.free.fr/)

Once I have some sizes I will get him to do up some prices and repost. If suitable for everyone I can collate an order of your requirements and send to him.

Cheers
Craig

dmworking247
19th September 2008, 09:39 AM
Wow thanks for that source of vector graphics.

Regarding the marquee size, it really needs to be a 'ball park' figure based on average dimensions. For example, 600x200 is pretty average, but I have some examples of 700x170 which works out roughly the same.

Signwriters often charge by the length of paper rather than the width.. so if that is the case, he's best pricing on 200height, and the width (more often than not) doesn't matter as much because its the same amount of paper.

I'm sure most of us would accept minor variations in the price depending if we wanted more or less height... we just don't want to get caught out by $10 one day, $50 the next... and most importantly we need a repeatable, no-nonsense source who we can simply email the file, pay via bank deposit or paypal, and get on with it :D

PS: Laminated adhesive vinyl is what we need for control panel overlays or side art. For marquees, you need a print on either opal perspex, or a translucent paper/film which signwriters usually use for 'light boxes'.

daics3522
19th September 2008, 10:05 AM
DM,
Agree. I have spoken to him about the pricing and he will let me know what can be done. I also advised that we need to keep it as a flat rate and not as you mention, $10 today and $50 tomorrow.

He also advised that based on the 660 x 200 sizing he can print and cut 10 signs for every metre of vinyl (his rolls are 1350mm wide. The usual rate for digital printing is based on a square metre rate. He is also aware of the lightbox type vinyl required for the marquee's.

Once we get a price structure I will advise and then see where we go with it. Will keep ya'all posted.

daics3522
23rd September 2008, 03:33 PM
Ok all,
I have spoken to the signwriter here in WA who does our sporting stadium signage and he has offered the following:

Marquees (up to 700 x 200) - $20.00 each
Printed on translucent adhesive vinyl for light to shine through (for light boxes).

He would like me to collate orders if anyone is interested so he can do them in bulk but will do individual runs if required.

He is going to print me half a dozen samples that I will then photograph and show the other WA members so we can make sure they are exactly what we all require. I am getting the following samples:

Galaga, Space Invaders, Generic Arcade, 2 x MAME marquee's as a starter.

PM me with your interest and I will advise once samples are received.

maxpower
26th September 2008, 05:34 AM
Way to jack my f*cking post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Davefjedi
26th September 2008, 06:20 AM
Ok all,
I have spoken to the signwriter here in WA who does our sporting stadium signage and he has offered the following:

Marquees (up to 700 x 200) - $20.00 each
Printed on translucent adhesive vinyl for light to shine through (for light boxes).

He would like me to collate orders if anyone is interested so he can do them in bulk but will do individual runs if required.

He is going to print me half a dozen samples that I will then photograph and show the other WA members so we can make sure they are exactly what we all require. I am getting the following samples:

Galaga, Space Invaders, Generic Arcade, 2 x MAME marquee's as a starter.

PM me with your interest and I will advise once samples are received.

Could you get an aussie arcade one done to???

daics3522
28th September 2008, 10:16 AM
Could you get an aussie arcade one done to???

Send me the exact AA marquee you want and the sizing and I will arrange with the samples so theres no expense.

daics3522
24th October 2008, 01:04 PM
Ok all,
I have picked up some marquees from the signwriter.
I will take a few pics tonight and post for all to see.

They actually come up nice except may need to locate some higher resolution pics. They were taken straight from vectorlib and some are a little pixelated.

daics3522
25th October 2008, 08:12 PM
Ok all,
I have picked up some marquees from the signwriter.
I will take a few pics tonight and post for all to see.

They actually came out nice, except may need to locate some higher resolution pics. They were taken straight from vectorlib and some are a little pixelated.

Pictures of the marquees as promised. Let me know what you think. Need to find some high resolution images as they do pixelate a little when enlarged.