PDA

View Full Version : Latest Arival Aztec

laurie5145
13th September 2008, 11:08 PM
Well I got a complete game in need of lots of love,but what a good place to start it`s all there chimes,credit knocker,glass and a set of legs $500 bucks Before I start pulling it apart I was going to atmept to get it running first to get a good understading on how all the parts work,so far the motor runs and all the score wheels re-set (good start) sometimes keeps running, player step up has a few missing teeth.All in all seems honest and with some patience and time and beer it will turn out great will post photos as I go.

Railways
13th September 2008, 11:29 PM
Sounds good, sounds like a bit of Tlc and the odd replacement bit shes up and running. --- considering thats 30+yrs old can imagine how the DMD machines will fare in the next 20 yrs:unsure. Testament to these games in general and their makers as they aren't bulletproof but they're bloody hardy. Those who don't know are still surprised when I put A "pin-ball" in their hand can't believe that this weighty ball gets thrown around with minimal damage and these machines are re- emerging from a storage and they will all probably live - bloody amazing:)

Strangeways
13th September 2008, 11:35 PM
Aztec - Great Williams title - up there with Space Mission and Big Deal. I did see this game and I thought it had great potential. Backglass and playfield were excellent from memory.

One great advantage of EMs of Solid State games (I feel old right now :lol), is that you sometimes just need to play them for them to work reliably. However, I would be inclined to spend some time getting everything perfect on this game.

Well done - cheap machine that hopefully will stay in the collection for a while yet ;)

Shame I missed out catching up with you.. I picked up a couple of games myself this afternoon...

If you need any help - just post a thread...