PDA

View Full Version : How Does 1066 in 1 compare to 1000 in 1red box ??

senchang
3rd September 2008, 06:29 PM
Hi guys

can anyone please tell me how does 1066 in one compare to 1000 in one

hardware ?

software ?

easy of use?

which one is more stable ???

jaspar
3rd September 2008, 06:35 PM
I have used the 1066 in 1's they work, do the job, they are a lot better with RAM and CPU upgrades (if you like the more graphically complex games). I have a few running since late last year, run well and still stable.

One of my suppliers advised me not to buy a Gamebox 1000 as were there too many problems.

narf_
3rd September 2008, 08:19 PM
yeah gamebox has some bad issues

as said 1066 can be beefed up extra games,speed ect

senchang
3rd September 2008, 09:08 PM
so what's in the 1000 n 1 red box ? some people said 10GB HDD some people said it's CF card based

and what Spec HDD is in the 1066 in 1 blue box ??

thanks

Simon_A
3rd September 2008, 10:34 PM
I bought 2 gameboxes a while, ago. Life has been busy, so I havent had chance to build the cabs for them in months.

The last 2 days I finished one cab to the point I could hook and fire her up.

Plugged in the gamebox and it fired up.. But no sound except a hiss.

Okay no good, but I had a second one, so I unpacked it from the box and turned it on.

BSOD as soon as windows boots.

So I PMed Dorian about it, and thought stuff this, I have worked solid the last couple of days to get the cab ready, so Im gonna play it, so I took the HD out of the one with a sound fault, and put it in the one with a BSOD fault.

Bloody thing BSODed didnt it.

Must be a hardware fault in both of them. I checked the sound fault one with headohones where it comes out of the motherboard connector. No sound out of its motherboard.

PMed Dorian again with my findings. Waiting for him to get back to me.

Not happy Jan.

senchang
3rd September 2008, 11:32 PM
seems 1066 in 1 blue box is the way to go
just compare the box red box 1000 in 1 seems a lot more pro than 1066 in 1

so where can i get 1066 in 1 cheap ??

jammaboard web site selling it with SE version for $10US more

can i buy it in australia ??

they also offered 2.8 P4 CPU upgrade For $65 US

i wonder what spec is the CPU 533Mhz FBS or 800 FSB and what RAM is using on the Board ??

narf_
4th September 2008, 12:51 AM
512/400 is best for the cpu

Simon_A
4th September 2008, 07:00 AM
so where can i get 1066 in 1 cheap ??

Dorian (gamedude) has them.

Davefjedi
4th September 2008, 07:11 AM
So does In2Amusments http://www.in2amusements.com.au/shop/index.php/3/113
both are members here

Syzlack
4th September 2008, 01:43 PM
Hi guys

can anyone please tell me how does 1066 in one compare to 1000 in one

hardware ?

software ?

easy of use?

which one is more stable ???

I dont think anyone has modded or added games to the red box yet that has been a flawless,
I have one and would like to piss off a couple of games and add a few more.

I think the 1066 is the goer.

narf_
4th September 2008, 07:43 PM
hey mate

i see your asking heap of questions probably best to make one mega post in this forum

http://www.xxxx-in-1.com/

these guys pretty much know the ins and outs of the boards. some are members here but there pretty quick over there to reply and have plenty of guides on how to ect.

neo-mvs-man
4th September 2008, 07:55 PM
Is this mame on a board, with a basic pc included, even hard drive?
and does the harddrive hold roms and a basic operating system?

narf_
4th September 2008, 08:44 PM
yeah mame on a board via a hard drive (10 gig). cpu is a 1.8 celeron

everything can be upgraded to increase games and speed. im planning to do all this when mine arrives shortly

basically cuts out the need for encoders and video cards ect. plug and play

easy for noobs

neo-mvs-man
4th September 2008, 08:46 PM
easy for noobs
:lol Saweet :lol

narf_
4th September 2008, 08:48 PM
:lol

also runs win2k (chinese hackjob) but recent developments have allowed the ability to replace the hardrive with xp and run your own front end ect :D

bboy_h
5th September 2008, 05:17 PM
Wow, this is all so new! I wanted badly to set up a MAME job, but this is seriously looking like the way to go! So these machines have a Jamma interface? That would be awesome, for the whole aspect of plug and play.

What the deal with four player mode? The whole link cable idea sounds strange.

indigocc
6th September 2008, 08:43 AM
Wow, this is all so new! I wanted badly to set up a MAME job, but this is seriously looking like the way to go! So these machines have a Jamma interface? That would be awesome, for the whole aspect of plug and play.

What the deal with four player mode? The whole link cable idea sounds strange.

Yes, they actually have two jamma interfaces. One one the box and one on extension cords, so you can plug it in the 3/4 player cab,

It's real easy to configure, and when you feel confident you can pretty much upgrade all the hardware and replace all the software. It's real hackable.

/Finn

:lol

also runs win2k (chinese hackjob) but recent developments have allowed the ability to replace the hardrive with xp and run your own front end ect :D

The drivers needed for all the hardware have been discovered and are available on www.xxxx-in-1.com. Then its pretty straightforward to install XP on a fresh harddisk.

If you are less adventurous, theres also guides to only add new games to the system. The latest games has been laser games like Dragon's lair and Space Ace.

/Finn

bboy_h
6th September 2008, 12:53 PM
So I can just connect the additional controls to this extra interface, and do not have to have an entire other cabinet with a similar system (just checking to be sure).

Sounds great!

indigocc
6th September 2008, 04:40 PM
So I can just connect the additional controls to this extra interface, and do not have to have an entire other cabinet with a similar system (just checking to be sure).

Sounds great!

Yes, thats the idea. I only have one cab, so I haven't tried it.

The system also have a special configuration for 4 player mode, so only 4 player games shows up in the list. Very easy and straightforward.

You can see the extension cord and the 3/4 player jamma adapter here:
http://www.jammaboards.com/store/images/uploads/465-in-1/Multigame_JammaBoards_System_WM_640x383.jpg

/Finn

TheAvatar
9th September 2008, 01:10 AM
Xp is running good for me on my XXXX in 1 !

install and setup for WinXP and the drivers went very well ! Still minor bugs to work out, but still have my OE drives to fall back on.

If anyone needs help, head over to the site and we will be happy to assist !

Simon_A
9th September 2008, 08:20 AM
From what I read over there you have success with the blue boards but no success with the red boxes, am I correct?

TheAvatar
10th September 2008, 12:31 AM
many of us have not seen the red boxes, but from what I understand they are similar to each other.

I think the red boxes have locked hard drives?

but in short.. I know very very little about the red boxes.