PDA

View Full Version : 48 in 1 game stopping after 10 mins

serviceit
2nd September 2008, 08:19 PM
I have a 48 in one that runs ok for 10 minutes and then the screen goes basically blank, turn it off and turn it on again and it works find for another ten minutes or so, the voltages are all ok, cleaned all the contacts, checked all the contactors all ok, any body got any ideas?

GEMINI
2nd September 2008, 08:31 PM
are you running it from an pc power supply??

does the sound go off when the screen goes blank?

serviceit
2nd September 2008, 09:01 PM
Running from an arcade power supply (Peter Chou) and yes the sound goes off, actually the screen goes purple and gets verical lines.

WOKA
2nd September 2008, 09:02 PM
Heat..?

GEMINI
2nd September 2008, 09:12 PM
thats what i was thinking
might be worth throwing a pc power supply on it and see if it still does it

shooter
2nd September 2008, 09:28 PM
chuck on a heatsink or 2.... maybe a fan ?

David_AVD
2nd September 2008, 09:32 PM
Have you checked the voltages yet?
Maybe too much ripple from the PSU?

serviceit
2nd September 2008, 09:47 PM
did check the voltages all ok, but not the ripple, never had a problem with ripple before but still a good point, i have a scope but just used the good old DMM, i have a spare PSU will change that first, and throw in a fan to boot, some good ideas to start off with, keep them coming, will do the fan and PSU on Thursday and let you know.

AskJacob
2nd September 2008, 10:10 PM
A reasonable (but not perfect) check for ripple without a scope is to measure the DC supply with a DMM on the AC setting...

Cheers
Jacob

serviceit
2nd September 2008, 10:55 PM
Good point, how often would somebody check for ripple, the last time i had a problem with ripple/noise/interference was years back, every time the school bell rang the machine would play up - true.