PDA

View Full Version : Portal Project Project - Wiring Updates

Lord-Data
30th August 2008, 09:36 PM
OK, this is a slow project for those watching, but the switch wiring is now completed.

New Pics Added:
http://picasaweb.google.com/vidguide/PinballProject

Switch Wiring on the playfield: Completed
New Power Main wiring to distribution Block: Completed

Power wiring has been redone with thicker wire, and 32V line has been double wired up to the distribution block to ensure no loss of current in the primary supply section.

Multi-Ball Modification: Completed
Mods done to the ball-tray to allow multi-ball support. Small plastic barrier added (temporarily only blue-tacked in place) to ensure the 2nd ball routes to the correct holding location. Added a switch to detect the presence of the 2nd ball when drained.

Soon to begin will be the re-wiring of the playfield with the thicker wire for the 32V side of things. I'm adding a second rectifier for the Drop Target Reset banks, since those were the biggest problem, power-wise. This time I will run 32VAC to the playfield, and rectify it right next to the reset coils, and the relay from the PC will switch the AC supply, rather than switching the DC as per the last attempt. The rest of the playfield will run from 32VDC as per before. Some coils may be double-wired just to ensure maximum current and thus kick strength, but we'll see how it pans out.

AskJacob
30th August 2008, 09:38 PM
Good to see your still getting along here!

I'll check out your updates a bit later on.

Good stuff mate!
Cheers

pinnies4me
30th August 2008, 11:22 PM
Wow, didn't know about your project - great work. I know nuggy will be interested, well done!

White_Spot?
20th April 2009, 04:42 PM
Interesting project, but do you have finished the work?

Lord-Data
20th April 2009, 06:29 PM
hehe.. graveyard thread eh..
lol, well, put it this way, the project has *NOT* been abandoned, just sadly put on hold for a while. I bought a house (finally) and moved, but sadly, no spare room and no garage (yet). So the pinnie and all its progress are currently in storage.

Very shortly I have plans to have a garage built, and then the pinnie will have somewhere to live again, and the project will resume :) So I guess, a very big 'watch this space' :)

White_Spot?
21st April 2009, 01:07 AM
Ok, i see the problem is the same in both country hehe, here in Portugal mi worst problem is the space to do this kind of work. My wife always has a heart attack when she see me bringing something into the apartment as she says lol.

I little info to you, your site (http://www.pcpinball.info/) don?t work (to me).

Fish Tales
21st April 2009, 07:01 AM
hehe.. graveyard thread eh..
lol, well, put it this way, the project has *NOT* been abandoned, just sadly put on hold for a while. I bought a house (finally) and moved, but sadly, no spare room and no garage (yet). So the pinnie and all its progress are currently in storage.

Very shortly I have plans to have a garage built, and then the pinnie will have somewhere to live again, and the project will resume :) So I guess, a very big 'watch this space' :)

good to see your still around!
;)

Lord-Data
21st April 2009, 07:12 AM
Ok, i see the problem is the same in both country hehe, here in Portugal mi worst problem is the space to do this kind of work. My wife always has a heart attack when she see me bringing something into the apartment as she says lol.

I little info to you, your site (http://www.pcpinball.info/) don?t work (to me).

You're right about the website.. my host had a DB crash, and while I had backups of my main sits, i'd never actually backed up my pinball site.. so.. I will remake it from scratch when i get back onto the project :)

The place I was renting before I bought a house had an extra bedroom, which had been my workshop, but now, just gotta wait :)

White_Spot?
21st April 2009, 08:08 AM
My apartment have two bedroom and one is already transformed in a leisure rom, with a bench for computers, LCD (TV) a big coach and other related stuff.
I just bought my 28" cabinet form the garage (collective) and i have to put them in the living room to have space to work on it.
Tomorrow or in the next week i got to take the playfield out of my America 1492 and put it in the "leisure rom" to have the possibility to interface it to one of my computer?s and start this project.