PDA

View Full Version : Honest opions

Davefjedi
27th June 2006, 10:04 AM
are parts easy to source for these ????
im looking for an older pin are these easy to maintain ???
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230001948975&fromMakeTrack=true

garuda
27th June 2006, 10:16 AM
Parts aren't easy to source for the Zaccaria's. They made great pins but only made a few before they realised it wasn't cost effective to keep producing them. As such, there aren't that many around and spares are hard to come by. The best thing to do would be to do a google search for parts for the machine. I just had a quick look and it didn't turn up much at all. On the negative, if you are looking for a pinball machine that is easy to maintain and get parts for, this isn't it. On the positive, Zaccaria's are very fun and well made pinballs.

Ric
27th June 2006, 10:17 AM
can't access ebay at work

what game? what era - PM if you'd like.

I have sourced parts for games from 1950 - 1990's from everywhere from Sydney to Belgium.

it depends on the game, your wallet and patience

Ric

which Zac?

I have a Devil Riders at home. They are whacky pins but the best of all the European ones

email or pm me

Ric

Wotto
27th June 2006, 10:18 AM
Parts aren't easy to source for the Zaccaria's. They made great pins but only made a few before they realised it wasn't cost effective to keep producing them. As such, there aren't that many around and spares are hard to come by. The best thing to do would be to do a google search for parts for the machine. I just had a quick look and it didn't turn up much at all. On the negative, if you are looking for a pinball machine that is easy to maintain and get parts for, this isn't it. On the positive, Zaccaria's are very fun and well made pinballs.

Ditto all the way..........:D

garuda
27th June 2006, 10:21 AM
Here is a site to check out:
http://straylight.cso.niu.edu/pinball/zaccaria/
I can't find any parts for a Robot. Marco has parts for some Zaccaria games, but not much, and nothing for Robot. Check out RGP.

can't access ebay at work

what game? what era - PM if you'd like.

I have sourced parts for games from 1950 - 1990's from everywhere from Sydney to Belgium.

it depends on the game, your wallet and patience

Ric

which Zac?

I have a Devil Riders at home. They are whacky pins but the best of all the European ones

email or pm me

Ric

It's a Zaccaria Robot. I think without knowing the extent of the repairs needed, it would be difficult to make a decision on. There is a fair bit of parts around for Devil Rider and even Pinball Champ, but Robot parts seem very thin.

Ric
27th June 2006, 10:46 AM
most playfield parts are interchangable

the big question is the boards

they are hard to fix and even harder to find

anything cosmetic - eg backglass or plastics are near impossible to find

Ric

(ps may have a manual at home - bought awhole heap off an op a couple of years ago)

if you want an older pin to restore or just one you can maintain stick to Bally Williams and Stern, these were the best of the late 70's and ealry 80's in terms or reliablity.