PDA

View Full Version : 38- in -1 SNK baord

neo-mvs-man
16th August 2008, 06:03 PM
I just won this on E-bay is it any good?? Is it emulation or is it true chipsets?

AERO FIGHTERS 2
2 BLAZING STAR
3 BOMBER MAN
4 BURNING FIGHT
5 CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON 2003
6 CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON SUPER PLUS
7 DOUBLE DRAGON
8 DOUBLE DRAGON PLUS
9 KARNOV'S REVENGE
10 KOF 10TH
11 KOF 10TH EXTRA PLUS
12 KOF 2002
13 KOF 2002 MAGIC PLUS 2
14 KOF 2002 SUPER
15 KOF 2004 SPECIAL EDITION
16 KOF 2004 SPECIAL EDITION PLUS
17 KOF 2005 UNIQUE 2
18 KOF 98
19 THE KING OF GLADIATOR
20 MARK OF THE WOLVES
21 METAL SLUG
22 METAL SLUG 3
23 METAL SLUG 4 PLUS
24 METAL SLUG 6 PLUS
25 METAL SLUG X
26 NEO DRIFT OUT 96
27 NIGHTMARE IN THE DARK
28 PUZZLE BOBBLE
29 PUZZLE DE PON!
30 RAGE OF DRAGONS
31 SUPER SIDEKICKS 2
32 SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
33 SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS PLUS
34 SPIN MASTER
35 STREET HOOP
36 STRIKER 1945 PLUS
37 SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
38 ULTIMATE 11

Do i need a tst switch?? how do i select games?

Is this an original board or what is the deal, is it woth $150.00?
What about the capcom 14-in-1 is that geuine i heard it is 100% true pcb?

Fish Tales
16th August 2008, 06:06 PM
been another post on these.... looks like your the gineau pig to tell us how good it is
:)

neo-mvs-man
16th August 2008, 06:09 PM
any help much would be good, anyone used this board??:unsure

Davefjedi
16th August 2008, 06:55 PM
sorry to say but 100 Au would be max I spent

gints
16th August 2008, 07:14 PM
To me, it depends if they are regular or bootleg versions. I have an 8-1 that I was disapointed with, not because of the quality, but because they chose to put weird, haced-up versions of perfectly good games. The version of metal slug on there (called 6 but was a hackup of X) had a cloud above you that just nailed everything, and bosses took like 5 shots.

If they are the normal games, then it should be fine value

Arcade King
16th August 2008, 07:58 PM
at least 1/3 of those games are hacked versions of the original, they are all bootleg because I doubt they have a licence to make it. Games would use the original roms so really no issue as to if they would play the same ,exception being the hacked games of course.

neo-mvs-man
16th August 2008, 09:10 PM
so i did get ripped off then? i am new to this have an "arcade in a box, full setup, everything except an arcade monitor coming and i just received an mv-1f motherboard in the mail (plaese chack and answer this)

I guess my real question is if i want stereo sound but have the full JAMMA setup can i add cables with a switch from the speaker out on the mv-1f pcb to the two cab speakers eg left and right and also add a switch to the speaker cables running off the JAMMA harness already (but only producing mono) and when i have the mv-1f connect up i switch the speaker switch that i added to on and then switch the other switch i added to the JAMMA speaker connectors to off making sure the mv-1f has it's switch selected to stereo, would that work??

And i'm doing this because i have used MAME to the point where i want to go back to pure pcb's although i can't go back there because i have never been there in the first place!! And it looks like by what you guys have said i may as weel setup a MAME cab.

Thanks Nathan.

DKong
16th August 2008, 10:01 PM
If your happy with the quality of the games then no you haven't been ripped off, most(if not all x in 1's) are bootlegs or emulation.
Just because its on a Jamma board does not make the games authentic, its just an easier way for an op or HUO person to plug and play and have an easy setup.
Some games are 100% to what their original boards were and some are well not so, so unless your a purist and want 100% on your games stick to the original PCB's which can become a bit of a hassle to change/store/upkeep, remember these games would be put in a cab for months or longer and not touched again so are not designed to quickly change like say console cartridge (there is a reason why they are enclosed in plastic)
Me for one would prefer MAME for the price of an AVGA and JPAC and I have a choice of what ROMS I use. Although not perfect on some games it is a LOT better than my experience with X in 1's.

neo-mvs-man
16th August 2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks again for your help
:)

gints
16th August 2008, 10:58 PM
Just because its on a Jamma board does not make the games authentic

BUT they are getting run on the processor they were designed for on the NEO motherboard, instead of a P4 3.2GHz emulating a 68000. I think there is a significant difference between Neo X-in 1 and CPS1/2 X-in 1, compared with the classic 1066-1 and 48-1, and should be viewed as a difference category.

The biggest disadvantage the Neo and CPS2 multi boards face when being compared to MAME is that they are so bloody well emulated in MAME... the real authentic PCB difference is more evident with older/stranger games with discrete logic and custom ASICS etc.

To the OP, I'm sure you will be wicked happy with it all when it arrives and gets set up (:

narf_
18th August 2008, 01:42 PM
you done pretty good with US dollar atm

from the manufacture there $74US take into account 4% paypal fee shipping and paypal is charging 84c AU to $1US it worked out not a major difference

take into account that carts range from $20 plus it works out fine. good luck with the cart

neo-mvs-man
18th August 2008, 02:07 PM
Thank you.:p

astroboy440
18th August 2008, 04:05 PM
Let us know how it runs!

neo-mvs-man
19th August 2008, 08:53 PM
too easy just gotta sort out my cab first.
See my other posts about original street fighter II arcade.
thanks.

neo-mvs-man
7th September 2008, 04:26 PM
Let us know how it runs!

Re-wired my cab yesterday neo-geo mv-1f running perfectly:D..............just to let you know this cartridge is awesome as far as i am concerned, runs well no glitches in the sound or graphics (that i have seen or heard) and most of the games that are hacks let you know (eg, super or plus in the title) i would say at least half are exactly the same as the original carts! I highly recommend this cartridge:)

On another note got bitten by the monitor cap last night, it's a whopper of a jolt but very quick, i knew i got whacked and had to sit there for a second to remember what happened..............but at least i know what it's like now:D.

ttooddddyy
15th September 2008, 02:13 AM
so i did get ripped off then? .

Unfortunately yes. These bootlegs tend to let you down