PDA

View Full Version : Price check : Creature from the Black Lagoon

gunigoogoo
23rd June 2006, 09:51 PM
I have the opportunity to buy one and was wondering what the market value is for one of these? I know, I know, it's all about what I'm prepared to pay but just looking for a bit of a guide. Cheers.

LOTR4U
24th June 2006, 08:41 AM
Well if you ask Mark C its apparently 5k :rolleyes so anything under that must be a bargin!. :lol

Shock_And_Awe
24th June 2006, 09:00 AM
the last one sold on ebay for $3996. What's he want for it?

markc
24th June 2006, 10:38 AM
and I did say upto $5000.00 depends on how good

hamish_nz
24th June 2006, 10:52 AM
I think more like $3500

All depends on the holo

gunigoogoo
24th June 2006, 12:35 PM
the last one sold on ebay for $3996. What's he want for it?
$2900, fully shopped, no coin mech.

NMD
24th June 2006, 12:37 PM
Nice price, grab it !

hamish_nz
24th June 2006, 12:45 PM
Take it thats a good price.

Shock_And_Awe
24th June 2006, 01:07 PM
$2900, fully shopped, no coin mech.
have you seen it? is it in good nick? depends on how this weekend goes for me but if you choose not to take it I would be interested in the guys details if you u wouldn't mind - as I said though only if you don't want it....

gunigoogoo
24th June 2006, 02:04 PM
have you seen it? is it in good nick? depends on how this weekend goes for me but if you choose not to take it I would be interested in the guys details if you u wouldn't mind - as I said though only if you don't want it....
Seen the machine. It's very good but not immaculate. Will come up nice with a clean and service...so hands off...only joking. You guys have just confirmed what I thought. Will post some pics if and when I get it. If I do decide not to proceed, I'll let you know.

NMD
24th June 2006, 02:21 PM
It shouldnt need a clean and service if its FULLY shopped? Guess it depends on the guys definition of shopped..

DJS
24th June 2006, 02:40 PM
IF it is local and you have played it "all working" then 2900 is a very good price - especially if it is fully shopped??????????

As for the fully shopped ? - Jackpot is spot on U should not have to touch it - having said that I still would say 2900 is a good buy if all is working......

Stripinmg and cleaning is good fun "time dependant" and that way you will know it is DONE...... :badgrin

If i had room "insert allowed" I would be on it "if in brissy".....:lol

cheers
darren

gunigoogoo
24th June 2006, 04:59 PM
IF it is local and you have played it "all working" then 2900 is a very good price - especially if it is fully shopped??????????

As for the fully shopped ? - Jackpot is spot on U should not have to touch it - having said that I still would say 2900 is a good buy if all is working......

Stripinmg and cleaning is good fun "time dependant" and that way you will know it is DONE...... :badgrin

If i had room "insert allowed" I would be on it "if in brissy".....:lol

cheers
darren
It will be fully shopped but there will still be some minor cracks etc. on the ramps, plastics etc. In other words, nowhere near mint but 100% working and nice and clean.

It shouldnt need a clean and service if its FULLY shopped? Guess it depends on the guys definition of shopped..
It's not fully shopped yet. It will get a clean and service once I put a deposit, hence it will be fully shopped once I buy it. Do ya get it?

NMD
24th June 2006, 05:23 PM
Do ya get it?
Ye MATE i get YA!

So whats the fully shopped job include?

markc
24th June 2006, 05:27 PM
Tony

mate 2900 is a good price by the sounds of it
it will be fully shopped you say
has some cracks on ramps and plastics for 2900 it still seems ok
ramps are what 100 to 150 each plastic set 180 odd slingshot 40 ish

as said before
one sold on ebay 3996
I have one 4500 ( last one I sold less but needed some plastics)
another on ebay for 5800

dont go chasing around for saving of few bucks if you are happy with the game play and the cabinet is good all else can be repaired BUY IT look at what happened before with your WCS94 for a a little saving it cost you a new motor.
if its good BUY IT you will enjoy it its a great game and they dont come up often . And of course its local save you freight.

good luck with it

mark

ps there is a few at the auction tomorrow too but with freight they should sell for more

gunigoogoo
24th June 2006, 11:20 PM
good luck with it

mark

Thanks Mark. You guys have given me the confidence now to pursue it further. You're right. For another $400-$500, I can get it looking like new and it will still owe less than $3500. Cheers.

gunigoogoo
28th June 2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks Mark. You guys have given me the confidence now to pursue it further. You're right. For another $400-$500, I can get it looking like new and it will still owe less than $3500. Cheers.
I bit the bullet and bought it today. Had a closer look at it and the boards and electronics look ultra clean. No damage there. Cabinet is straight with the usual scuffs. Easy to touch up. Plastics look OK with one ramp being repaired previously with fibreglass but it looks fine. Test report showed flat batteries and the start button is a bit sus. That's all. They are now going to clean it thoroughly and fix the couple of problems. Plus I get 30 days warranty. Not bad for $2900.