PDA

View Full Version : ok its been done before but freight

Davefjedi
22nd June 2006, 09:15 PM
Ok here is the deal Mr arcade king himself needs to get a 20 hankin coctail from Gippsland (Vic) To Sunny Brissy(QLD)south side Alexandrea hills
well i got a verbal quote of a company in melb said 160.00 then when i called back it went to 185.00 then when i called back with the exact size 80cm X 90cm x80cm high they said 205.00:017:
any ones thoughts i know removalists ect but hey who has used them before and what companys rember im in eastern vic about 1.5 hours from melbourne

4_ur_amusement
22nd June 2006, 09:23 PM
maybe you should get the arcade king to post it himself instead of getting you to do it ?? he he

Arcade King
22nd June 2006, 09:24 PM
He He its from his house hehe

Mickey Juice
22nd June 2006, 09:52 PM
You could try http://www.borderexpress.com.au/ and just ask for a single pallet rate.

bwodie
22nd June 2006, 10:02 PM
beleive it or not try TNT
i got a really good quote from them.. mainly because i used our company account which uses them daily so we got a really good rate..
but if you know any decent sized companies, see who they use and chances are you will get a good rate :)

garuda
22nd June 2006, 10:37 PM
If you are relatively close to Geelong (which I believe you are) and you can get it to them, try Crichton Removals. Great bunch of guys and very cheap. Phone number is (03) 5272 1072. Ask for Daryl, he moved a large item for me before at a very cheap price.

Ric
22nd June 2006, 10:40 PM
I say we start with 20

take it to the next member's place (one is left as payment) and so on up the eartern seaboard

I think with 20 we could get at least one to Trav.

Seriously, try COPE in Melbourne. I had a Black Hole moved depot to depot (Melb to Sydney) and it cots me 90 bucks

Ric

Arcade King
22nd June 2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah Jeff just suggested COPE to me.
From Jeffs email.

COPE TRANSPORT
they may be called COPE SENSITIVE FREIGHT or something similar in your phone
book,

pigsie
22nd June 2006, 10:59 PM
as for removalists, I have used Chess for two EM's from Perth to Adelaide door to door and it was about $400, but then I have got quotes from a variety of companys including Chess from Canberra to Adelaide for 1 pin and it was going to be $800+, go figure.

Anyone live near Berry, NSW - I might have a pin I need checked out :D

Regards
Pigsie

jeff
23rd June 2006, 11:12 PM
if anyone rings COPE make sure to tell them game will already be packed (assuming your gonna pack it), otherwise they charge a lot more if they have to pack it. :cry
they wont ship an unpacked game as they dont want other goods in truck damaged as a result of unpacked item bashing against it :x
i sent a pinball picked up from my joint in ADELAIDE to dudes house in VIC metro area last month for $161 :D