PDA

View Full Version : PDF book for noobs or anyone who's interested

elkor-alish
1st August 2008, 02:46 PM
A while back I found an Atari pdf book online. It's called "Atari TM-129 The Book" at 14.2MB it's too big to post on here and I can't seem to find the web site I originally found it on.

The book is a treasure trove of just about all the knowledge you'd need for fault finding and servicing on pretty much everything inside an arcade machine.

I've already passed it on to a few guys here but if anyone else is interested, pm me your email and I'll pass it on.

elkor-alish
2nd August 2008, 11:35 PM
This thing is 14.2 MB guys so some virtual email accounts like yahoo and hotmail may not like it. :unsure

I've had a couple of emails bounce back from these types of addresses. So if you've pm'd me for one and you gave one of these types of addy's you may need to send me an alternate one.:023:

MetalSkin
3rd August 2008, 12:18 AM
thanks for this mate. just flicked through it before heading to bed and am very impressed with the information in it. Thanks :)

elkor-alish
3rd August 2008, 02:44 PM
I finally found the link! :rolleyes

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Atari_TM-129_The_Book.pdf

:041:

SectionZ
3rd August 2008, 05:47 PM
This will come in very handy!

Thanks for sharing :)

@lien_Zed
3rd August 2008, 09:19 PM
awesome, thanks!

i love page 4 of the book it says and i quote

this book is not, nor intended to

make you a technician

turn you in to an engineer

fix all your game problems

repair printed circuit boards or

make coffee

hahahahahahahaa.... cracks me up. pretty rare to books with a little humor like this in it now days

elkor-alish
3rd August 2008, 09:37 PM
This will come in very handy!

Thanks for sharing :)

You don't need it Sean, you're already a wiz at repairs. :D

SectionZ
3rd August 2008, 10:52 PM
You don't need it Sean, you're already a wiz at repairs. :D

I don't think checking voltage, pressing on a few socketed chips & flexing the board really counts as a repair, but it does wonders for the confidence all the same!!.... nah this is great, love the detail about burnt edge connector repairs etc. lots of food for thought here ;)