PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys pay for playing?

PRKLCD
22nd June 2006, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wondering how many people play there machines on free play Vs actually putting in say 40c a credit?

The reason I ask is I am about to start restoring a cab soon ( If I can find one ) and in the mean time I am playing a few games of mame to test out what PCB boards I might want to get.

Now it seems to me that it isn't quite a fun have unlimited credits in some games. It was always a challenge when I was a kid to see how far I could get on 40cents or even three credits for a $1.

I will be charging my mates!

humpalot
22nd June 2006, 12:48 PM
My pins are all on free play. My video cabinets all have a credit button and I like to disable continue play wherever I can, to make it more of a challenge. I have young kids who love playing my arcade video games and coins would be a disaster waiting to happen with them.

bwodie
22nd June 2006, 12:55 PM
When i have 5-10 mates over all playing on my machines.. even then i will never charge them. I would feel so cheap regardless if its to stop credit feeding.
IMO its best to set each game up accordingly.
e.g i put DoDonPachi on all default settings with no continue
nba jam machine is made so a full game can be played with 2 min quarters (i think)
mk2 machine pretty much default on freeplay with no continues
i adjust settings on each neo geo cart to make em good
raidens are set to no continues
etc etc :)

Smit
22nd June 2006, 07:01 PM
No Continues... Is that a dip switch setting on most games?
If so, is this function in mame?

PS: I have a "Crdit" button on my mame cab...

Smit

Arcade King
22nd June 2006, 07:02 PM
I still use good old coin. I hate freeplay makes it too easy. I try to limit myself to a few coins see how far I can get.. much more of a challenge :)

MadMikeAU
23rd June 2006, 12:11 AM
No Continues... Is that a dip switch setting on most games?
If so, is this function in mame?

PS: I have a "Crdit" button on my mame cab...

Smit

The TAB button is your friend

Mickey Juice
23rd June 2006, 09:13 AM
Mine are all freeplay.
Had the Tales pin on coins for a while just to hear the crypt keeper talking when you enter a coin, but it got annoying (putting in coins) after a while.
Same for NBA jam. That thing takes a mint at the best of times so free play is much easier