PDA

View Full Version : as if the jamma 39 in 1 isn't bad enough

snippy
21st June 2006, 10:41 AM
Jamma "800 in 1" are apparently sold in china, that's pretty keen!

http://mjo.customer.netspace.net.au/Images/multiGame/multiGame.jpg

elvis
21st June 2006, 11:24 AM
Plenty of these about in Brisbane arcades. I've seen a half dozen of them just wandering through arcades around me.

The 39-in-1s are at least JAMMA-ish looking. These 800-in-1s are a blatant "MAME-PC-in-a-box" system.

I guess what pisses me off the most is that for all this jumpig up and down labelling people filthy pirates, there's no-one offering a real legal alternative. Well, no-one outside of David Foley (via UltraCade), but his system is known to be grossly innacurate compared to MAME. Where have the legal MAME ROMs services all gone?

Less calling us "theives" and "pirates", and more offering us a chance to buy your products, please Mr Game Publishing House.

</commie-hippy-pinko-lefty-rant>

Savage
21st June 2006, 12:20 PM
Out of interest as I've never played these multi Jamma boards.
Are they a true rip off, as in you can't tell the difference, roms dumed and then programed into the new hardware or there are noticable differences!

elvis
21st June 2006, 02:06 PM
Out of interest as I've never played these multi Jamma boards.
Are they a true rip off, as in you can't tell the difference, roms dumed and then programed into the new hardware or there are noticable differences!
Depends on the system. The 39-in-1's have a lot of hacked graphics (missing copyrights, etc). Also, the emulation of music in stereo games (eg: Gyruss) is shocking.

The 800-in-1's (and others) are just a PC running MAME and embedded Linux. The graphics are punched out over 15KHz JAMMA, so it looks as close to the real hardware as MAME allows (ie: accuracy varies driver to driver depending on development).

It's all software. It's not true hardware bootlegging like the days of old.

PRKLCD
4th July 2006, 11:37 AM
Has anyone else had experince with a 400 in 1 unit?

I have seen a few for sale

Prof
6th July 2006, 06:30 AM
Prob be like all the xx in one stuff.
Some games good, some ok, most crap.

Same as mame.