PDA

View Full Version : AA Artwork Restoration resource

Mickey Juice
20th June 2006, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

I thought I'd start a thread where we could post completed artwork that we wish to make available to others.
Hopefully one of the mods can make this a sticky and we can get a small Aussie artwork resource going. Try not to have too much BS talk and get off topic.

OK, my first contribution is some TMNT artwork repro that is for the Aussie LAI 4 player cab.

Mickey Juice
20th June 2006, 10:35 AM
You can track my progress of the reproduction in this thread:
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=938

The original:
http://www.lavingtonpanthersfc.com.au/images/tmnt7.jpg

The repro created in Illustrator CS2 and PDF created with Acrobat Distiller on "High Quality Print" settings:
http://members.dodo.com.au/~mickeyjuice12/images/TMNT_credits.jpg

Ok, the completed file is now vector artwork in PDF format.
After putting in so much work Im only making this file available by REQUEST. So just PM me. I don't want this showing up on classicarcadegrafix.com

I recreated the artwork as close as possible to the original. Even the crappy colour job LAI did on the weapons and the printing dots that can be seen on the Turtle's chests.

Some info below which will be useful if taking this off to a commercial printer.

I colour matched using a Pantone colour swatch, so I got pretty much EXACTLY the same colour as the original ie spot colours. So if you print this off on your desktop printer at home you might get some weird colours if it converts them.

So here's the ink colour breakdowns:
Donatello Purple: Pantone Violet U
Raphael Red: Pantone Red 032 U
Leonardo Blue: Pantone Process Blue U
Michaelan'lo Yellow: Pantone Yellow U
Turtles Green: Pantone 360 U 1

For the following I just mixed CMYK colours:
Red "reject coins" text: 100% Magenta, 80% Yellow (Basically a 'warm red')
Yellow text & LAI logo: 100% Yellow, 5% Cyan, 5% Magenta
Background Black: 100% Black, 18% Cyan

The dots on their chests (you can't really see them anyway when viewed 100%) are just the Raphael red and a tint of the turtles green (about 50% tint).
The weapons are Raphael Red and Michaelan'lo Yellow.

So thats all the colour breakdowns.
The printer should know exactly what you're talking about. They may even convert all the Pantone colours to an equivalent CMYK colour... depends on the printer. I can provide the original Illustrator file if they need to change things like colours eg the turtles or get rid of the dots on their chests.

Next on the agenda:
* Aussie Donkey Kong instruction card.
* TMNT CPO (both Aussie and US versions)

Wotto
20th June 2006, 12:10 PM
I am working on the same type of thing for old pinnies right now.
I have the same " by request" deal going.

I have about 8 full pinball artwork sets completed ( including KISS ) as well as some Apron covers too..... all viewable from my artwork page - http://home.kooee.com.au/brainsnap/artwork.html

I am nearly finished Black Hole and Hot Hand as well and they will be ready soon.

BIG THANKS to Gottman who has so far sent me photo's of about 20 machines to enable this work to start. Humpalot has also contributed.

Cheers

Wotto
:D :p :D

Mickey Juice
20th June 2006, 12:34 PM
Nice work Wotto.
Q: Is all your artwork raster?(jpg/tiff/bmp) They must be huge files!

The Pinny Parlour
20th June 2006, 02:01 PM
Wotto.....bloody nice work there mate.

I'm coming to your place to play pinball. Now, when am I on holidays next? :)

oh man, I just saw your drum kit. (Homer Drool)

TheYellowDart
20th June 2006, 03:38 PM
Just noticed a slight inconsistancy there. On your original photo Leonardo's name is written in white but on your reproduction it is written in black.

Mickey Juice
20th June 2006, 03:59 PM
Just noticed a slight inconsistancy there. On your original photo Leonardo's name is written in white but on your reproduction it is written in black.

Thanks. I'll fix the original now.

Any other probs just post them :)

Darksoul
20th June 2006, 05:13 PM
I'm willing to put up a bit of artwork as well if anyone wants it. Let me know and I will upload it. If no one gets back to me I wont bother.

Pinball Pool (Gottlieb System 1)
- plastic scans

Superman
- insert decals

garuda
20th June 2006, 08:04 PM
I have a scan of an original Taito Double Dragon cpo. I haven't touched up the scan yet as I haven't had much time, but if anyone wants it as is to touch up I can provide it. Here is a very small version below. The original is in Photoshop format. PM me with your email if interested.

miikeboyle
20th June 2006, 09:13 PM
hey,

im looking for some streetfighter artwork for a control panel/marquee
If anyone has any original or made stuff, let me know

thanks
mike

Virgil Tracy
20th June 2006, 09:16 PM
I have a championship edition marquee I could scan

garuda
20th June 2006, 10:00 PM
I do have a US Street Fighter CE NOS overlay. I haven't scanned it as yet. When I get the time to scan it I will post it here.

warby
14th October 2006, 01:19 AM
hi i was just reading about the TMNT artwork and i am very impressed as i have a blue LAI 26" cabinet as well the TMNT jama board and i am very inspired to start a resoration myself. Am I able to get a copy of the TMNT artwork?

Luke