PDA

View Full Version : LAI Lowboy Plans

miikeboyle
16th June 2006, 07:05 PM
Hey guys,

Ive been preparing to make a cabinet for a while now, and have plans for one i like, but all of a sudden i have become very space concious and leaning towards making a lowboy

i can find heaps of pics, but no plans of them.
if anyone has any plans, could they please post them or email them to me at miikeboyle@hotmail.com
or post links if they are on a website.

im located in sydney, if anyone has a lai lowboy style machine working or not they want to sell to me, please let me know

Thanks
Mike

The Pinny Parlour
16th June 2006, 09:03 PM
http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_cabinet_plans.shtml

whatisk
22nd June 2006, 01:02 PM
Here is a pic of mine that I built from scratch.
If interested I have some scans of my (basic) plans I built off. Has most of the measurements on them.

spot
22nd June 2006, 01:05 PM
If interested I have some scans of my (basic) plans I built off. Has most of the measurements on them.

whatisk, would you be able to forward me a copy of your plans??
thats an awesome looking cab you have built there!!

Berty
22nd June 2006, 01:22 PM

I would have to say that is one of the better mame cabs that i have seen. Well done mate :035:

The Pinny Parlour
22nd June 2006, 01:24 PM
yep, that is very nice mate. Well done

miikeboyle
22nd June 2006, 02:38 PM
Hey Whatisk,

Thanks for the offer of the plans.
I dont really need them as ive sourced information and plans from these two buildups

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=28763.0
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=54567.0

Mighty fine examples as is yours.
Im still tossing up between a 51cm tv or a 21inch comp monitor.
Any if i should paint or laminate/vinyl finish.

Thanks
Mike

whatisk
26th June 2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks all for the positive responses to my cab :)

There are still a couple of things that need doing on it at some point - better marquee, coin door (currently there is an ice-cream container attached under the coin mechs :redface )

Mine has a 21" PC monitor in it. As the whole front panel under the CP is one piece, I used networking cable to make it easy to disconnect and open the whole front up (pics below to illustrate). The monitor sits on a custom made metal frame which also gives the cab plenty of stability. It's also designed to be able to be dismantled if required.

If anyone has questions about anything, feel free to send me a PM - or ask here in this thread.

Spotlanx - you have PM.

spot
26th June 2006, 02:16 PM
thx mate!!

Prof
26th June 2006, 06:29 PM
Last lowboy I did :)

Prof
26th June 2006, 06:30 PM
If you want, I can supply dimensions and pics

CreepingDeath
27th June 2006, 11:56 PM
Hey Whatisk...I would love a look at the scans mate ,looks like an awsome cab.:D

pm sent.