PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Johns-Arcade
16th June 2006, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been hanging around for a while now, but thought it time I introduced myself. My name is John and I'm located in the Sydney area. I've been collecting games since the early 80's when one of my first jobs was working in an arcade in the city, and my preference is for early 80's games (no surprise there!), but I must admit I do like late model Bally and Williams Pin's.

Work keeps me busy, but I do enjoy reading the threads posted, and I'll try and post once and a while.

Thanks!

JWG.

Berty
16th June 2006, 06:23 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to the forums. I know that other as well as myself would interested hear about your collection of boards. You should post some pics in the collections section when you get some time.

Johns-Arcade
16th June 2006, 06:59 PM
Hi Berty,

Yes I started off collecting PCB's as I didn't have the room or the money for full size uprights or Pins back then. Now I'm married with 2 kids and I still don't have the room or the money! I have moved onto upright and Pins more now, as I pretty much have every PCB I want (to the tune of over 800!). My vid collection is listed on the GGDB, but as for Pinballs I own 3. Dr Who, Funhouse and The Getaway. Once my games room is finished I plan on expanding this some more.

JWG

The Pinny Parlour
16th June 2006, 08:52 PM
G'day John,

Welcome mate. :)

I do believe we have met, (correct me if I'm wrong though). Lord of the Rings pinball on the Gold Coast and a Crazy Kong pcb/LAI Bezerk CP swap?

Glad to see you around here.

Enjoy!

Ian

Johns-Arcade
16th June 2006, 09:11 PM
Hi Ian,

Yes and no.

Yes, I did do the Crazy Kong pcb swap with you for an LAI Berzerk control panel and a non-working pcb (If I remember correctly).

The Lord of the Rings guy was most likely MacMan, another collector here in Sydney and a friend of mine.

Thanks for the welcome.

JWG

The Pinny Parlour
16th June 2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Ian,

Yes and no.

Yes, I did do the Crazy Kong pcb swap with you for an LAI Berzerk control panel and a non-working pcb (If I remember correctly).

The Lord of the Rings guy was most likely MacMan, another collector here in Sydney and a friend of mine.

Thanks for the welcome.

JWG

ah yes thats right. It's all coming back to me. It was a few years ago now. Glad to see you around here mate. :D Say g'day to macman if you see him still. Nice collection you have too mate, just checked out ggdb. :023:

Sutekh
16th June 2006, 10:06 PM
I pretty much have every PCB I want (to the tune of over 800!)

:o

Jomac
17th June 2006, 02:37 AM
Is this John , JWG Enterprises ??

Hi from Jomac mate if you are the same guy I have done some work for in the past :)

catty
17th June 2006, 10:17 AM
Hi, pretty impressive board count there.

NMD
17th June 2006, 10:22 AM
Welcome John, good to see another Sydney sider.

Neil.

LOTR4U
17th June 2006, 11:32 AM
Welcome...... ;)

Johns-Arcade
17th June 2006, 12:15 PM
Is this John , JWG Enterprises ??

Hi from Jomac mate if you are the same guy I have done some work for in the past :)
Hi Jomac,

No mate, that's not me, but thanks for the welcome.

Johns-Arcade
17th June 2006, 03:12 PM
Hi, pretty impressive board count there.
Hi catty,

Well I probably should elaborate a bit on that. I would estimate that 80% of the pcb's I have I've never tested, so I assume that most don't work. Most where bought cheap in bulk lots from op's over the years, and lets be honest, op's don't sell bulk lots of boards cheap if they work. I would often buy a lot of 50 boards just to get one that I wanted, and on most occasions it would be faulty anyway, so I'd have to then spend the time repairing it. But that was never a major problem as I've always found that fixing a board or game was half the fun.

JWG