PDA

View Full Version : Hook

therealmccoy
24th June 2008, 08:10 PM
Has anyone else got a Hook (Data East 1992) where the score display works fine after turning the machine on and then goes blank after about 20 seconds?
Pete

MrMaloo
24th June 2008, 08:13 PM
Don't have a HOOK but sounds like a connection fault. Check the plug on the back of the dot matrix . It may have come loose. Carefully push it back on properly if it is loose.

DKong
24th June 2008, 08:15 PM
Aghh that screaming monkey :lol not a bad game though

waylander
24th June 2008, 08:15 PM
Thats not the Hook that Highway were trying to sell is it?

therealmccoy
24th June 2008, 08:22 PM
Thanx, I've already checked the connection out and it feels tight. This problem happens everytime I turn the machine on so I've got no idea what score I've got. A little frustrating because the rest of the machine works fine.

Thanx, I've already checked the connection out and it feels tight. This problem happens everytime I turn the machine on so I've got no idea what score I've got. A little frustrating because the rest of the machine works fine.
And yes it came from Highway Entertainment.

waylander
24th June 2008, 09:03 PM
Not to bad a price from memory. was thinking about buying it. Good luck with fixing it.

Have you tried looking on RGP yet
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/search?group=rec.games.pinball&q=hook+display&qt_g=Search+this+group

Cheers.

therealmccoy
24th June 2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks. I'll check out the link. Bought the machine sight unseen and very happy with it.

DKong
24th June 2008, 09:34 PM
I liked the game, especially the target/sklill shoot from the ball release.:)