PDA

View Full Version : MASSIVE PINBALL AUCTION ! 25th june NSW

jeff
14th June 2006, 09:10 AM
yobs
dont think this has been mentioned before so checkout http://www.lawsonmenzies.com.au/lawsons.html for all the details ;)
the games are from MICHEAL SHALOUBs collection
he was on tv with a 5 minute segment about 1 month ago on "mornings with kerri-anne" and had quite a few games on display :cool:
anyone else seen that feature :unsure
looks like an interesting auction so worth a look
start saving your pennys children :badgrin

hamish_nz
14th June 2006, 09:22 AM
WOW WOW WOW

Lots of great titles.

BUCKAROO I want it.

Damn where did I leave that pile of money.

staceyamusements
14th June 2006, 09:45 AM
Yeaa,i saw the sement on tv.He was on good morning Australia with Kerrie Anne.His pinballs looked really well maintained.

Wotto
14th June 2006, 10:12 AM
I saw the segment and agree they looked great on the Telly- Good for pinball generally that 5 minutes of TV.

I have also seen some of the machines that are headed for that auction, Dracula, Fish Tales, terminators etc and they were in very nice condition ( even by my stupidly high standards ).

I also know that Michael has been working his ring out testing all functions on the machines so that they work correctly before he auctions them.

I personally saw him cycle through a few machines while I was at his place which was 3 weeks ago, I spoke to him yesterday and he is still triple checking them.

So by all rights they should be good electronically as well as cosmetically.

Wotto
:D :p :D

GEE
14th June 2006, 10:18 AM
Is anyone else concerned to hear that Michael is selling his machines?

I hope he hasn't fallen out of love with the hobby, or fallen on hard times.

Darksoul
14th June 2006, 05:30 PM
I'd say he is just smart. We are over the hump of very high prices, offload what you dont want now, buy them again in 2-3 years at up to 30% less.

Smart move.

NMD
14th June 2006, 06:09 PM
Damn, Me without a spare 10k ! :badgrin

LOTR4U
14th June 2006, 06:55 PM
well I got a $2000 are there going to be any bargins? or all high priced wit reserves??? :unsure

Shock_And_Awe
14th June 2006, 07:44 PM
Sunday 25th....I'm there!

Ryan, Neil, Hamish, Greg, do we have a date?

NMD
14th June 2006, 09:00 PM
Im keen fellas. Get there early for a bit of freeplay and inspection eh ?

Virgil Tracy
14th June 2006, 09:12 PM
Sunday 25th....I'm there!

Ryan, Neil, Hamish, Greg, do we have a date?

Hmm a four way date:o

DialogPimp
14th June 2006, 09:52 PM
Interesting: 2 x Fish Tales, 2 x Getaway, White Water, Demo Man, STTNG, FunHouse (!), Bride Of Pinbot.

If the machines are as in good condition as they're reported to be, I think they might go for significantly more that the suggested prices.

Shock_And_Awe
14th June 2006, 10:03 PM
If the machines are as in good condition as they're reported to be, I think they might go for significantly more that the suggested prices.
that's what I was thinking but hoping that due to the quantity of pinnies on sale maybe enough to keep demand for individual pinnies low?? ok I'm dreaming:lol There's a few there that I will have a very close look at;)

hey virgil don't leave me out, this is a five-some baby:D

DialogPimp
14th June 2006, 10:09 PM
It depends on demand I suppose. There's at least 3 machines there that I've wanted for 2 years or more.

We'll all end up bidding against each other until none of us can afford what we wanted...:D

hamish_nz
15th June 2006, 08:37 AM
I am there. I might go saturday as well.

Maybe a few beers before loosen that bidding hand up.

Shock_And_Awe
15th June 2006, 08:43 AM
I am there. I might go saturday as well.

Maybe a few beers before loosen that bidding hand up.

hehehe sounds good. As for bidding, my main priority will be to come home with a Creature. After that if there is a good price on any of the following I will seriously consider : Funhouse, T2, STNG, WW, Roadshow, Corvette.

jeff
15th June 2006, 09:26 AM
looks like bumper action have decided to have there auction the same weekend as this one :unsure :x

hamish_nz
15th June 2006, 09:27 AM
There a few EM's on the list I would like. "Buckaroo" is top of my list
I might see what the bidding on Funhouse gets to.

GEE
15th June 2006, 10:00 AM
looks like bumper action have decided to have there auction the same weekend as this one :unsure :x

What's everyone's experience with buying machines from Bumper Action Amusements?

I've never bought a machine from them, but their prices for parts verge on the extortionate, and they've been slow to respond to my emails at times.

Are their machines in good condition, reasonably priced...?

Ric
15th June 2006, 10:05 AM
a machine from Bumper is an investment that will go up five times its value in as many years (or so their propaganda reads)

caveat emptor

DialogPimp
15th June 2006, 01:08 PM
Are their machines in good condition, reasonably priced...?

Ah hahahahahahaha. You mean like the $9500 second hand Lord Of The Rings, that you can buy NIB for around $7200 if you look ? I don't mind businesses making a profit - that's what they do, but outright theft is another thing altogether.

DialogPimp
15th June 2006, 01:10 PM
Spoke to Lawsons at lunchtime. It's the usual format - inspect/play before, auction starts 12pm Sunday. They'll have a couple of techs there both days and they don't have any problems with more in-depth inspections (ie checking for raised inserts, cooked boards etc).

They also said that pickup/payment is "usually" 2 days after auction, however because they're big and bulky machines they will be a bit more accomodating.

TheYellowDart
15th June 2006, 03:03 PM
I don't have the dosh to buy any, but I think I'll need to come early to "inspect" the machines :evil

Wotto
15th June 2006, 03:43 PM
MAN !!!!! My kid has a footy knockout on Sunday !! Might have to grease the palm of an oppostion player to take him out so we can get away early and make it to this auction !!! :lol

WOKA
15th June 2006, 04:45 PM
I'd fly down for this one, what a day out. Have family visiting from NSW Central Coast that weekend which sort of screws up that idea.

Someone needs to minute the auctions, prices against the catalogue with pics where ever possible..

What a bastard.. Gives me the shits, fricking family visiting. :x

W.

hamish_nz
15th June 2006, 04:53 PM
I am sure there will be a few cameras there to record the action.

I doubt anyone will pick up a bargin.

But great to see so many games in one location.

LOTR4U
15th June 2006, 04:59 PM
Im there but I bet they all go for really stupid prices!

someone call me, hamish.... jackpot.... shock ..... etc etc

Shock_And_Awe
15th June 2006, 05:44 PM
Im there but I bet they all go for really stupid prices!

someone call me, hamish.... jackpot.... shock ..... etc etc

I've got to work out when I'm going. I doubt I will be going Saturday as well, maybe just get there early on Sunday. But still a good day of playing pinnies on Sat:unsure I'll be in touch.
Hey it was a shame you couldn't make it on Saturday, we had a great day/night!! Have to organise something again soon!!

GEE
15th June 2006, 07:42 PM
Ah hahahahahahaha. You mean like the $9500 second hand Lord Of The Rings, that you can buy NIB for around $7200 if you look ?

Clearly they are proving their proposition that the value of pins rises over time ;)

markc
15th June 2006, 10:58 PM
well hope to catch up with some as I will be there too
some very low prices will be interesting to see what they end up selling for

mark

hamish_nz
16th June 2006, 09:05 AM
Look forward to meeting you Mark.

should be a good crowd of us.

Buyers premium 20% damn.

Bid $3000 add $600 = machine costs you $3600

jeff
16th June 2006, 09:28 AM
now this is funny, in regards to bumpers auction :tomato
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pinball-Auction-Catalogue_W0QQitemZ6289409966QQcategoryZ13718QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

pigsie
16th June 2006, 09:39 AM
just another form of advertising/marketing is my take on this :unsure

NMD
16th June 2006, 09:42 AM
Buyers premium 20% damn.

Ouch. Is this the norm for a pinnie auction ?

bigrob
16th June 2006, 09:53 AM
now this is funny, in regards to bumpers auction :tomato
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pinball-Auction-Catalogue_W0QQitemZ6289409966QQcategoryZ13718QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats big of them, giving you the option to buy a catalog so you can go along and buy one of there over priced machines.
There all heart....

markc
16th June 2006, 09:55 AM
Look forward to meeting you Mark.

should be a good crowd of us.

Buyers premium 20% damn.

Bid $3000 add $600 = machine costs you $3600

just spoke to them its 22% inc GST
and that is VERY high normally its only 10 %

so its final bid of say $2000.00 PLUS 22% makes $2440.00

mark

TheYellowDart
16th June 2006, 10:14 AM
Crazy, I've never bought anything at auction before but I just assumed that the auction house fees got taken out of the final bid price rather than added on top of it. :|

hamish_nz
16th June 2006, 10:26 AM
The auction house does take a percentage as well.

13-20% cut of the final price + buyer premium

so they really get 30-40%

http://www.ganews.co.uk/premium.html

you thought ebay was a rip off

LOTR4U
16th June 2006, 12:17 PM
That is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

WHAT A Fing JOKE!!!!

10% - 16% is acceptable.

gunigoogoo
16th June 2006, 12:24 PM
That is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

WHAT A Fing JOKE!!!!

10% - 16% is acceptable.
I wouldn't go that far either. I reckon 5% is acceptable. Damn leeches!

LOTR4U
16th June 2006, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't go that far either. I reckon 5% is acceptable. Damn leeches!

Yeah I been to a few arcade auctions now and it seems that 10% 12% was the going rate.

humpalot
16th June 2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah I been to a few arcade auctions now and it seems that 10% 12% was the going rate.

So if 10-12% is the going rate. What's with the 22% then? I guess the auctioneers need to pay off their multi million dollar Sydney waterfront mansions before there is another interest rate hike :lol

Ric
16th June 2006, 02:49 PM
for the big auction houses, Lawsons Sotheby's, bonhams, 20% is now the going rate

A firend of mine works at Sothebys and she told me that auctions at the 10 - 15% mark are getting rarer

will be interesting to see how many get passed in. Will not only deter the dealers but will also deter the collectors, 20% is a fair whack

Perhaps there will be less at the back end to make it more worthwhile for the seller?

Ric

markc
16th June 2006, 09:13 PM
i can live with 10 to 12 % but will have to look at my bids with 22% added
will be interesting to see prices if I was say bidding 2500 I will only go 2200 now.

guess we can say we lucky they dont add GST to the end price too.

mark

Shock_And_Awe
16th June 2006, 10:26 PM
we need to work out amongst us what we want to bid on so we don't end up bidding against each other and paying more than we need to......I will be bidding on a Creature so everyone else stay clear of this:lol

* I don't really think the buyers premium makes much difference, all you need to do is take this into account when bidding on an item. You always have to work out what your maximum bid will be before it happens otherwise you will get caught out. If your max you want to pay is $3000 on a pinny and the buyers premium is 20% then your maximum bid is $2400...simple!
oh yeah did I mention to stay away from the Creatures they have?? I have heard they are shit!:lol

markc
17th June 2006, 12:29 PM
we need to work out amongst us what we want to bid on so we don't end up bidding against each other and paying more than we need to......I will be bidding on a Creature so everyone else stay clear of this:lol

* I don't really think the buyers premium makes much difference, all you need to do is take this into account when bidding on an item. You always have to work out what your maximum bid will be before it happens otherwise you will get caught out. If your max you want to pay is $3000 on a pinny and the buyers premium is 20% then your maximum bid is $2400...simple!
oh yeah did I mention to stay away from the Creatures they have?? I have heard they are shit!:lol

sorry mate i will chase both Creatures .... and few others maybe we can talk re top bids but they are selling here for $5k plus
I will work out my prices before I get there and take off the 22% then check the cond out and revise If I need

mark

DKong
17th June 2006, 12:42 PM
The auction house does take a percentage as well.

13-20% cut of the final price + buyer premium

so they really get 30-40%

http://www.ganews.co.uk/premium.html

you thought ebay was a rip off

It covers their asses ..buyer pays and seller pays so they can't lose..pisses me off, especially when it 20% + that seems way high..

Shock_And_Awe
17th June 2006, 02:56 PM
sorry mate i will chase both Creatures .... and few others maybe we can talk re top bids but they are selling here for $5k plus
I will work out my prices before I get there and take off the 22% then check the cond out and revise If I need

mark

Mark will call you next Sat or Sunday, maybe we can catch up?? Will you have your mobile on you?

markc
17th June 2006, 05:25 PM
always have my phones on me either number you can call me on
I will fly in sunday morning

mark

jeff
18th June 2006, 09:16 AM
ok, bumpers catalogue detail auction has changed, this makes it very interesting
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/100-Voucher-for-Arcade-Pinball-Jukebox-Auction_W0QQitemZ102250205620QQcategoryZ3945QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem
smart move from bumpers perspective :cool:

NMD
18th June 2006, 10:38 AM
Invalid item... what had changed about Bumpers auction ?

jeff
19th June 2006, 09:21 AM
what you were bidding on was $100 worth of credit to use at the auction with a starting bid of $1 :o
downside was you have to buy something at his auction to use that $100 or you cant use it for anything else :cry

Mickey Juice
20th June 2006, 01:16 PM
Surprising the Bumper auction isn't a "retirement" or "closing down" auction like they always make them out to be!

I wont be going again. The prices are a joke (tho I neally got a 'Class of 1812' when I went.. great pin)
Although you do get a few hours of free gameplay before hand ;)

gunigoogoo
20th June 2006, 02:35 PM
Surprising the Bumper auction isn't a "retirement" or "closing down" auction like they always make them out to be!

I wont be going again. The prices are a joke (tho I neally got a 'Class of 1812' when I went.. great pin)
Although you do get a few hours of free gameplay before hand ;)
Aren't their machines always on freeplay in the showroom? Went with a mate a few weeks back and stayed for a couple of hours playing everything for free.

Mickey Juice
20th June 2006, 03:00 PM
Aren't their machines always on freeplay in the showroom? Went with a mate a few weeks back and stayed for a couple of hours playing everything for free.

They might be. I've only been there once, and it was for an auction. Melbournes about 3 1/2 hours drive away.

bigrob
20th June 2006, 03:52 PM

I was in there last weekend and all the games that could be on free play were. My girl friend spent about 30 mins playing Maverick while I screwed around trying to get a miserable 22 pin edge connector:x
At least she has seen the light and agreed to get a pinball when we get back from europe :)

Wotto
22nd June 2006, 01:54 PM
OK- it's 3 days till Sunday- who is actually going and how will I recognise others ?

hamish_nz
22nd June 2006, 02:00 PM
We should all meet outside at 11:30
look for one of these ugly mugs

Shock_And_Awe
22nd June 2006, 07:57 PM
We should all meet outside at 11:30
look for one of these ugly mugs

well I'm happy to meet up at any time but I plan on getting there at 9:45 or so. I want to get as much time to inspect and play before the auction starts. Ryan's going to try to be there around the same too.
Hey Wotto, good to see you greased some palms......if you can't see any of us call me on 0407 068808 alternatively look for the high bidder on the first Creature:D

markc
24th June 2006, 05:31 PM
i wont be there in person but have bids placed and getting some done on the day,
my new container is turning up early ( 73 pins on tuesday) so only chasing around 10 on the list

good luck all

and dont forget to add the 22% to your bid price

mark

well I'm happy to meet up at any time but I plan on getting there at 9:45 or so. I want to get as much time to inspect and play before the auction starts. Ryan's going to try to be there around the same too.
Hey Wotto, good to see you greased some palms......if you can't see any of us call me on 0407 068808 alternatively look for the high bidder on the first Creature:D

we should still talk as I am going after the Creatures too

mark

LOTR4U
24th June 2006, 05:35 PM
i wont be there in person but have bids placed and getting some done on the day,
my new container is turning up early ( 73 pins on tuesday) so only chasing around 10 on the list

good luck all

and dont forget to add the 22% to your bid price

mark

we should still talk as I am going after the Creatures too

mark

Guess if theres 2 guys bidding on 1 pin it won't be going for a bargin thats for sure! lol

markc
24th June 2006, 05:39 PM
Guess if theres 2 guys bidding on 1 pin it won't be going for a bargin thats for sure! lol

well there is 3 of them

54 , 94 and 105A

NMD
24th June 2006, 06:37 PM
Well guys, theres been a couple of posts on RPG from Sydney blokes who went to see the machines today and wernt impressed. From the reports the games sound like they are straight out of the container with some still displaying german text.. and plenty of credit dots.....

http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/989d46fbabeaf47b/5c306c2117111b4f?lnk=raot&hl=en#5c306c2117111b4f

LOTR4U
24th June 2006, 06:51 PM
Bahahaha Family's, what a joke.

Just like every auction I have been too, they think things will go for $100 - $200 there going to be kidding themseleves! ROFL :lol :lol

NMD
24th June 2006, 07:04 PM
The state of these games sounds real dodgey actually... some funny shit going on here cause they are advertised as "meticulously restored". Will be interesting indeed

Shock_And_Awe
24th June 2006, 07:32 PM
what the ****s going on with that???? This is bullshit from a collector to have an auction advertised as "meticulously restored". What's the go with this? Is this just a load of pinballs straight from the docks?? That is if the info on the user group is accurate?? Wotto, didn't you say you saw some of them?

DialogPimp
24th June 2006, 08:15 PM
Is this just a load of pinballs straight from the docks??

Looked like it to me. I'd hate to see what surprises are in the backbox and under the playfields of some of those machines.

Meticulously restored my arse. I'll freely admit I didn't check out the EMs, so perhaps those were (restored). The 80s & 90s games were nothing more than container fodder.

sneek
24th June 2006, 08:18 PM
Wierd... from what i saw on the news and what lawsons show... seem to be pins from his collection.

Id tend to believe what i see to what some ppl on some newsgroup are saying. Maybe they are trying to scare ppl away.

ej0y
24th June 2006, 08:44 PM
What you saw was what Lawson's wanted you to see. It wasn't a news story, it was PR.

It would be interesting to see what Wotto says as I read myself that he saw some of these machines being prepared for the auction. Container or Collection? hmmm.

DialogPimp
24th June 2006, 08:50 PM
Idea stolen from an RGP post earlier today, but I couldn't resist...

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1393640

NMD
24th June 2006, 08:56 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

gunigoogoo
24th June 2006, 11:50 PM
Idea stolen from an RGP post earlier today, but I couldn't resist...

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1393640

You can have real fun with this. Here's another:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1394243

You may have to replay it because the first scene may be missed by the time the browser plays it.

jeff
25th June 2006, 12:42 AM
i havent seen the pins apart from the pics, but would say a lot of the descriptions about being "meticulously restored" etc may have been lawsons extra spin on the auction :tomato
i once sold a 1977 JET SPIN pinball to a local rock and roll show here years ago, it was first prize for the day :D
when they anounced winner they also said they won "a genuine original 1950s pinball" :o
hey i didnt tell them to say that :unsure
that buyers premium rip off will probably kill the auction anyway :x

markc
25th June 2006, 12:07 PM
what the ****s going on with that???? This is bullshit from a collector to have an auction advertised as "meticulously restored". What's the go with this? Is this just a load of pinballs straight from the docks?? That is if the info on the user group is accurate?? Wotto, didn't you say you saw some of them?

mark I did say to you last night I had heard that not all that good
still should be some bargins but would have to go under the min price listed

good luck all
I am on the phone to a mate there and WONT BE bidding

mark

Shock_And_Awe
25th June 2006, 05:02 PM
well I just got back and only stayed for the first half of the show and had a good enough laugh at the prices they were selling for.
Just on the pinballs.....we arrived and started to inspect the pinballs and it wasn't long before we all realised that there wasn't going to be anything of any value. Every single pinball (I will have to exclude pre say 1985 pinballs because I didn't look at them) were in absolute shocking condition, some of the absolute worst I have seen!! I started checking the ones that I specifically wanted, crossed them off the list, then moved onto lower priority titles, crossed them off, then looked at the remainder and I can honestly say that IMO I couldn't find one pinball that would have been worth spending a cent on.
It was seriously like someone had received 10 containers of pinballs and taken the junk out of them and then put them for auction.
What a ****ing scam billing this thing to be a "meticulously restored" pinball collection. To be fair though I have to admit it was quite a rare collection of pinballs.....I think it would be hard to find a collection of worse pinballs in one place at the same time.
That said, had a good laugh and great to catch up with the Aussie Arcade fellas!!!

Neils going to post some of the outrageous prices people at the auctions were paying. The auction house did a great job of marketing this day to attract the general public with little or no pinball knowledge. I got talking to a lady who was after a Fishtales for her husband and she said she knew nothing about pinballs and just assumed they were in good nick because of how the auction was billed. This I am sure was typical of the type of people there. She and I would assume many others had little idea of "market prices" and what to look for when inspecting a pinball.
Anyway don't mean to sound like I'm bitter over the whole thing, because I'm not. I suppose good luck to this Michael Shalhoub bloke for maximising return on his "investment" however dodgy the whole deal seemed

humpalot
25th June 2006, 05:24 PM
You only had to look at the pins they had on Kerrie Anne to see what the condition of the machines was going to be like. On Lawsons they were saying $2000 for a machine whilst on Kerrie Anne he was saying $4000 to $5000. I'm just glad I couldn't be bothered paying for a airfare and accommodation, so I didn't go :lol

ej0y
25th June 2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the update. I guess we are going to see a lot of beat up pinballs on eBay in a few months with rediculous prices. These families will get them home, find they've bought something they have no knowledge of fixing and try to get back their "investment" by hawking them on eBay.

Sad really.

I know it's an auction and it's "buyer beware" but I wonder if there is any recourse for these people given that the auction far overstated the condition of these pins - although what does "meticulously restored *really* mean anyway :unsure

NMD
25th June 2006, 05:27 PM
Well guys..... alot of people got ripped off today with shitty container pins.

All i learnt today was there is a big market for beat up pinballs in Sydney. Credit dots, Beat up cabinets, smashed/missing plastics, shitloads of glue holding things on, kicked in coin door, german text, filthy ramps, general filth on playfields are all fair game and it seems alot of people dont care about any of that

NOTE: ALL Prices below must have 22% Buyers Premium added !

Heres the results of the auction;

1] Charlies Angels Backglass - $450

2] Close encounters of the third kind backglass - $ 225

3] Flash backglass - $250

3A] Diamond Lill backglass - $280

4] Iccarus back glass - $170

4A] Lightning Ball backglass - $300

4B] Rally X Cocktail - $500

4C] Frogger Cocktail - $550

5] Cinderella, Gottlieb - $3300

6] Pinch Hitter, Williams - $2900

6A] Earthshaker - $2400

6B] Lethal Weapon - $2400

7] Seven Seas, Gottlieb - $1700

8] Darts, Williams - $1900

9] Beat The Clock, Williams - $3700

10] Shipmates, Gottlieb - $1900

11] Buckaroo, Gottlieb - $3800

11A] Fire - $1800

11B] Fishtales - $3000

12] Bronco, Gottlieb - $1900

13] Zodiac, Williams - $1000

14] El Toro. Bally - $1400

15] Flying Carpet, Gottlieb - $1000

16] King Pin, Gottlieb - $1600

16A] Star Trek Next Generation - $4200

17] Fast Draw, Gottlieb - $1900

18] Miss America Bongo, Bally - $1800

18A] Dracula [1994] - $2100

19] Bali Bingo Machine, Bally - $500

20] Bali Bingo Machine, Bally - $350

21] Royal Flush, Gottlieb - $2650

22] Surf Champ. Gottlieb - $2600

23] Target Alpha, Gottlieb - $2200

24] Buckaroo, Gottlieb - $2400

24A] Fishtales - $3200

25] Ticker Tape Bingo, Bally - $600

26] Charlies Angels, Gottlieb - $2700

27] Dragon, Gottlieb - $1300

28] Joker Poker, Gottlieb - $2200

29] Playboy, Bally - $3200

30] Sinbad, Gottlieb - $1600

31] Close Encounters, Gottlieb - WITHDRAWN

31A] Card Whiz - $2200

32] Silver Ball Mania - $1600

33] Ali, Stern - $1900

34] Buck Rogers, Gottlieb - WITHDRAWN

35] Firepower, Williams - $1300

35A] Golden Eye - $2400

36] Orbit One, Hankin - $1000

37] Quicksilver, Bally - $900

38] Torch, Gottlieb - $1300

39] Eight Ball, Bally - $2200

39A] Eight Ball DELUXE - $2800

40] Devil Rider, Zaccaria - $2000

41] Lost World, Gottlieb - WITHDRAWN

42] Comet, Williams - $1100

43] High Speed - $1400

44] Space Station, Williams - $1300

45] Scramble, Zaccaria - $1000

46] Earth Shaker - $2200

47] Back to the Future - $2400

48] Batman, DE - $3400

49] Checkpoint - $2600

50] Fun House - $3400

51] Bridge of Pinbot - $2900

52] Hurricane - $2600

53] The Addams Family - $4800

54] Creature from the black lagoon - $3400

55] Dr Who - $2400

56] Fishtales - $2700

57] Getaway - $2400

58] Gilligans Island - $3400

59] Lethan Weapon - $2600

60] Star Wars DE - $3600

61] Terminator 2 - $3600

62] Jurrasic Park - $2600

63] Last action hero - $2400

64] Rocky and Bullwinkle - $3400

65] Star Trek the next Generation - $3400

66] Whitewater - $2500

67] Corvette - $3600

68] Demolition Man - $2200

69] Dirty Harry - $2800

70] Dracula[1994] - $2200

71] Frankenstein, Sega - $2200

72] Freddy, Nightmare on elm st - $2200

73] Judge Dredd - WITHDRAWN

74] Magic Castle - Zaccaria - $1500

75] Popeye - $2500

76] WWF Royal Rumble - $2400

77] World Cup Soccer 94 - $6000 - ONE OF THE DIRTIEST, MOST ****ED UP IVE EVER SEEN

78] Appollo 13 - $2000

79] Baywatch - $2400

80] Maverick - $2800

81] Rescue 911 - $1900

82] Roadshow - $2300

83] Stargate - $2400

84] Who Dunnit - $2800

85] Twister - $2200

86] Waterworld - $2000

87] Barb Wire - $3300

88] NBA Fast Break - $1700

89] Golden Eye - $2400

90] Mario Andretti - $1700

90A] Firepower - $1400

91] Space Station - $1400

92] Batman, DE - $2800

93] Hurricane - WITHDRAWN

94] Creature from the Black Lagoon - $3000

95] Dr Who - $2200

96] Fish Tales - WITHDRAWN

97] Getaway - $2300

98] Lethal Weapon - $2600

99] Last Action Hero - $2200

100] Rocky and Bullwinkle - $2800

101] Star Trek the next generation - $3000

102] Demolition Man - $2100

102A] Frankenstein - $2000

103] Apollo 13 - WITHDRAWN

104] Maverick - $2400

105] - Hurricane - WITHDRAWN

105A] Creature from the Black Lagoon - $2900

Micahel Shaloud also confirmed the games were from his "personal collection" [Ryan asked him] :)

Can anyone say "CHEAP" "CHEAP" "CHEAP" "CHEAP" "CHEAP" ????

Shock_And_Awe
25th June 2006, 05:35 PM
but don't even look at those prices and think....well.....hmmmm....that's maybe not soo bad if any of them are in not too bad condition, because there was maybe only 2 pins of the lot that would come up ok with money spent on them.

Some of the classic repairs I saw.....

- what was that metal mesh stuff they were using as a scoop on one of the Creatures??

- how about the texta colouring in on the T2 playfield, that was a nice touch.

- what about the overspray over the translites and cabnet decals where whoever had sprayed them did not even mask them up :lol

- I also liked the rubber bumper posts that had been screwed into the playfield between the bottom flippers on heaps of the games

C'mon guys lets get this going....what are some other restoration classics did you see??

The Pinny Parlour
25th June 2006, 05:39 PM
Well it appears this Michael fellows name is now MUD in the arcade game circles. What butch of spinnola crap was spewed from the mouths and wrists of the whole team who put it together.

The net is powerful. Whole companies has fallen because of the voice the net gives people.

LOTR4U
25th June 2006, 05:42 PM
"CHEAP" "CHEAP" "CHEAP"

LOL nearlly got stuck with some of that crap too cos I was bored. Ask Ric, he could see the dread in my eye when I thought I might accutally win one.

NMD
25th June 2006, 05:46 PM
I like the Fishtales with only one Lightning flipper and one standard white flipper painted [badly] yellow !

Shock_And_Awe
25th June 2006, 05:49 PM
I like the Fishtales with only one Lightning flipper and one standard white flipper painted [badly] yellow !
that's a classic that someone thought to paint a white flipper yellow rather than spending the $5-10 for a new one:lol

The best on the list is the Barb Wire for $3300 which converts to $4026!!!!:lol Highway are sitting on a mint because they've got a few Barbs and Resue 911's they haven't been able to get rid of in years.

NMD
25th June 2006, 05:57 PM
Heres a zip file of some pics i took on the way out. They basically represent the quality of all 90's pins there

6 Meg Zipped, will host it for tonight.

Download HERE (http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/doink01/pinballauctionhighlights.rar)

Oh and keep in mind ALL these machine were "meticulously restored"

ej0y
25th June 2006, 06:00 PM
Neil, are you going to post your update to rgp? It would be good for a laugh. Anyway, Shaloub should get what he deserves over this BS.

NMD
25th June 2006, 06:02 PM
Will do so now.

I didnt even know Ric was there ! I think i must have been talking to you Ric over near the Leathal weapon near the start of the auction ? :unsure

humpalot
25th June 2006, 06:19 PM
these machine were "meticulously restored"

Hmm with dirt, nicotine, texta, repro metal plastics :o spot welds and crap paint. All in all that's one class act :lol

garuda
25th June 2006, 07:02 PM
I just checked out the photos. I know they were a selective representation of what was at auction but, putting aside the nikko touch ups(?), why wouldn't you clean the ****ing pinballs you are going to auction. Has the world gone insane? Seriously, were all the pinballs like this?

Wotto
25th June 2006, 07:22 PM
The ones I saw at his joint were nothing like that and he certainly didnt have a texta out "restoring them" - maybe he kept back some?? and auctioned off the crap.

It's a shame that Michael had to tie his name to this, maybe he could have just run it as a HUGE pinball auction WITHOUT saying it was from his collection????
I am sure those buyers wouldnt have known any different?? or even cared??

I am not defending this in any way, but as someone else said, people saw em, touched em, played em ...................and still bought em.

$6000 for a WCS - that is seriously insane !

LOTR4U
25th June 2006, 07:23 PM
Yes - 100% were dirty with 1% in very good condition. Corvette I think it was, it seemed to be in very nice nic.

The ones I saw at his joint were nothing like that and he certainly didnt have a texta out "restoring them" - maybe he kept back some?? and auctioned off the crap.

It's a shame that Michael had to tie his name to this, maybe he could have just run it as a HUGE pinball auction WITHOUT saying it was from his collection????
I am sure those buyers wouldnt have known any different?? or even cared??

I am not defending this in any way, but as someone else said, people saw em, touched em, played em ...................and still bought em.

I was asking where you were ROFL :lol

I quizzed Michael on if they were from his collection then why did they have german lang? Your correct wotto, he should have not put his name to it. A hell of a lot of peeps were very dissapointed.

Shock_And_Awe
25th June 2006, 07:25 PM
I just checked out the photos. I know they were a selective representation of what was at auction but, putting aside the nikko touch ups(?), why wouldn't you clean the ****ing pinballs you are going to auction. Has the world gone insane? Seriously, were all the pinballs like this?
I actually thought the photos represented highlights....you should have seen some of the bad ones!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
But Neil did happen to catch the modified scoop replacement on the Creature, (Frother check this!) the burn and cracking on the Addams from "the power" magnets and also missing electric chair check wear on out hole, T2 missing half a head + missing hunter ship + texta playfield touch-up near flippers, Whitewater every playfield plastic mountain had cracks or holes

Wotto
25th June 2006, 07:33 PM
I pose one question guys...........................who's laughing tonight ?

DialogPimp
25th June 2006, 07:43 PM
What pisses me off is the outright lying. I don't really give a shit that they were container machines, although I would have paid maybe $2000 for the Funhouse. There's plenty of container machines floating around, and you can score the occasional diamond in the rough.

But what really ****s me off is this... pinball is dying, if not dead. If the people inspecting the machines on Saturday were any indication, there were a lot of first time buyers. This observation pans out when you consider the prices being paid - no one with any real knowledge of pinball would have paid anything near those prices.

So what you have is a whole lot of people whose first time buying experience is a blown out shitty machine that will have numerous faults. They'll play it and think "what's going on here?", "why doesn't that work", "why does it say press enter for test report". Then they'll have to pay someone to come out, look at the machine and tell them it'll be $200 in parts an labour. Most likely some half-arsed operator who will fix it up with a gyprock screw.

So now they've got a sour taste in their mouths about the machine. "We were ripped off, let's Ebay it". They'll put it on for what they paid, get no bids, and have to take a massive loss to get rid of it. Exit another group of potential pinball fans.

Let alone the fact that other morons out there are going to say "Funhouse for $3400 - **** , I'm sitting on a goldmine". All those tools will try to make a truckload of money and just push the price up for those of us who are in it for the fun. Who remembers the $3500 F14 on Ebay recently?

Rant over, flame suit on ;)

ej0y
25th June 2006, 07:44 PM
Me. I now have a WCS94 sitting in my games room which has just tripled in value.

And Michael Shalhoub.

Then again, if someone robs a bank and gets away with it, they'd be smiling too... ;)

Ric
25th June 2006, 08:40 PM
no time to give a report now however will post some comments tomorrow.

The look on Ryan's face was priceless (he was seconds away from having a FirePower in unknown condition knocked down to him for a grand (plus 22% buyer's premium) - The game went for $1200 i think

if you would got it Ryan, only one thing to say (in cockney accent) "Too Cheap Sir!"

markc
25th June 2006, 08:48 PM

dont forget to add the 22% ontop

wow I am stilling on a gold mine as I have a few of these

$6000.00 plus $1320.00 makes $7320.00

Mickey Juice
25th June 2006, 09:21 PM
Did anyone go to the Bumper Auction???

Looks like the only cheap games were the cocktails. What condition were they in?

NMD
25th June 2006, 09:33 PM
The cocktails looked decent and so did the few uprights that were there. I only snapped the frogger though

Frogger (http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/doink01/frogger.jpg)

Uprights (http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/doink01/uprights.jpg)

LOTR4U
25th June 2006, 09:34 PM
no time to give a report now however will post some comments tomorrow.

The look on Ryan's face was priceless (he was seconds away from having a FirePower in unknown condition knocked down to him for a grand (plus 22% buyer's premium) - The game went for $1200 i think

if you would got it Ryan, only one thing to say (in cockney accent) "Too Cheap Sir!"

GOLDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

What pisses me off is the outright lying. I don't really give a shit that they were container machines, although I would have paid maybe $2000 for the Funhouse. There's plenty of container machines floating around, and you can score the occasional diamond in the rough.

But what really ****s me off is this... pinball is dying, if not dead. If the people inspecting the machines on Saturday were any indication, there were a lot of first time buyers. This observation pans out when you consider the prices being paid - no one with any real knowledge of pinball would have paid anything near those prices.

So what you have is a whole lot of people whose first time buying experience is a blown out shitty machine that will have numerous faults. They'll play it and think "what's going on here?", "why doesn't that work", "why does it say press enter for test report". Then they'll have to pay someone to come out, look at the machine and tell them it'll be $200 in parts an labour. Most likely some half-arsed operator who will fix it up with a gyprock screw.

So now they've got a sour taste in their mouths about the machine. "We were ripped off, let's Ebay it". They'll put it on for what they paid, get no bids, and have to take a massive loss to get rid of it. Exit another group of potential pinball fans.

Let alone the fact that other morons out there are going to say "Funhouse for $3400 - **** , I'm sitting on a goldmine". All those tools will try to make a truckload of money and just push the price up for those of us who are in it for the fun. Who remembers the $3500 F14 on Ebay recently?

Rant over, flame suit on ;)

SUMED IT UP WELL! "cheap" "cheap" lol

Darksoul
25th June 2006, 10:46 PM
Just what this hobby needs - more possible pinfans shafted by money sharks.

These types of pricks are killing this hobby.

hamish_nz
26th June 2006, 08:37 AM
What a Joke!!!!!!!
I feel sorry for the mum and Dad buyers that brought "fully working" machines.
I have never seen such a collection of rubbish the only exeption was a couple of
EM's an SS machines.

A sad day for pinball :-(

catty
26th June 2006, 09:06 AM
The "great pinball swindle".
I can see some positives here. Maybe all those mum and dad buyers will eventually sell the "investments" for what they are worth to Wotto and he will meticulously restore them and give aussie arcade members first pick.:D

hamish_nz
26th June 2006, 09:14 AM
I hope the buyers speak german :-)

humpalot
26th June 2006, 09:16 AM
Might be a call for pinball techs in Sydney soon, if people want to have their new investments fixed and working 100%.

Ric
26th June 2006, 09:31 AM
all the machines in working order came with the offer for Michael to fix them at discounted rates

(the logic floored me too)

(not as much as him spraying WD40 on the flipper mechs of an EM though)

Ric

Mickey Juice
26th June 2006, 09:47 AM
(not as much as him spraying WD40 on the flipper mechs of an EM though)

:o I've watched the tips on the This Old Pinball dvds and read the tips... and that aint good!

http://www.marvin3m.com/em/index1.htm#lub

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/ccfire.jpg

WARNING: DO NOT USE CONTACT CLEANER OR WD-40 IN EM GAMES!
Sometimes first-timers will use contact cleaner on the switch contacts of an EM game (somehow they think a chemical will solve a mechanical problem!) DO NOT SPRAY EM GAMES *ANYWHERE* WITH CONTACT CLEANER! Spraying switch contacts with contact cleaner or WD-40 does some really bad things, AND IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS in EM games. It is also guarenteed to make the game fail and not work as time progresses.

Also contact cleaner and WD-40 is *extremely* flammable. I have seen people spray it in a game, turn the game on, and the game burst into flames! Because of the high voltage and the switch arc, the contact cleaner explodes into a ball of fire. Typically this will start the cotton cloth wire insulators on fire too, rendering the game unrepairable (after the fire is put out!) All that is left is bare wire with no insulation

Even more reasons not to use it here: http://www.marvin3m.com/em/index1.htm#lub

humpalot
26th June 2006, 09:48 AM
all the machines in working order came with the offer for Michael to fix them at discounted rates

(the logic floored me too)

Ric
Talk about false advertising. Someone should complain to the Department of Fair Trading :x

WD40? Tell it wasn't so :cry

frs
26th June 2006, 09:57 AM
Can't access the pics from work, will look tonight, but it seems that someone out there just bought a shitpile Addams for $5856 after all the percentages are added.

That is so sad. To think for another $150 they could have gone to Mark C and not suffered that sickly sinking feeling that I'm sure will hit them sooner or later.

I even considered hitting a last minute flight down there to look around - just for interests sake but I'm bloody glad I didn't now.

hamish_nz
26th June 2006, 01:20 PM
So if you add up the sales its around $240K minus the sales commission $30K
minus the cost of the pinnes $90k thats being generous.

$120k not bad for a weekends work

bigrob
26th June 2006, 01:33 PM
So if you add up the sales its around $240K minus the sales commission $30K
minus the cost of the pinnes $90k thats being generous.

$120k not bad for a weekends work

Im in the wrong job Im thinking......

con
26th June 2006, 01:43 PM
Talk about your pieces of crap!! just had a look at some of those pics.

Gee, in hindsight, i should have bought that Addams pin 8-10 years ago for $2000 ~ $3000 :x

Why has collecting pinballs become so popular in the mainstream all of a sudden??

humpalot
26th June 2006, 01:54 PM
Why has collecting pinballs become so popular in the mainstream all of a sudden??

I'd say eBay, which then created the demand for more pins thus the amount of container loads of used pins that have and continue to come into the country. There was a time when we used to ship container loads of Australian delivery pins overseas. How times have changed.

Ric
26th June 2006, 02:23 PM
I would say there has always been a home market, although it has certainly expanded in the last few years. My family got a pin back in 1993 and I know other people who had other pins in the 80's etc.

People are generally more spendthrift (just look at Australia's personal credit debt)

As interest rates have stayed low, people have decided to spend money on different status items, which has also been perpetrated by mainstream media (eg after Friends' everyone wanted a foosball table and supposedly, i have not seen the movie, the eligble bachelor in Suddnely 30 had a pin as his big status symbol).

pins, unlike other consumer goods, are not simple not do you have a supply of knowledgable people to repair or help you if something goes wrong. They are also not the most amazingly desgined pieces of equipment, such that intermittant things will go wrong. this is why people have been wary of them. It aint like a TV that can be fixed easily or covered by warranty (know of anyone who offer a five year warranty on a pin?).

i see pins like vintage cars. Absolutley beautiful but I would not buy one unless i knew mechanics. However, pins are makrted an amazing playable investment/feature for the home. this is where the newbie/home market comes unstuck. When something goes wrong you have to call some guy out to fix it and hope they know what they are doing (most don't) or won't screw you. After being screwed by too many techs my X's & O's lay broekn whilst I worked out whether to sell, call another tech (and waste $200) or fix it myself. for me it nutured my love of ins, for most it becomes a hazard.

The demand is high now. Wait until DMD's start failing and the $400 repair bill (for parts comes in). Then the story will be different.

Ric

Mickey Juice
26th June 2006, 02:26 PM
and according to Op's/sellers, the demand is always high ;)

LOTR4U
27th June 2006, 04:22 PM
Results from the offical "scam" auction.

Results for Sale 7481, Massive Pinball Auction.

Generated at 4:22:22 PM on the Tuesday, June 27, 2006, Prices are inclusive of Buyer's Premium and may be subject to change. Prices shown in Australian Dollars

Lot Description Price Result
1 CHARLIES ANGELS 540 Sold
2 CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND 270 Sold
3 FLASH 300 Sold
3A DIAMOND LILL, backglass, 1954, 336 Sold
4 ICCARUS 216 Sold
4A LIGHTNING BALL, backglass, 1959, 360 Sold
4B RALLY X, Cocktail Table, 600 Sold
4C FROGGER, Cocktail Table, 660 Sold
5 CINDERELLA 3,960 Sold
6 PINCH HITTER 3,480 Sold
6B LEATHAL WEAPON 2,880 Sold
7 SEVEN SEAS 2,040 Sold
9 BEAT THE CLOCK 4,440 Sold
10 SHIPMATES 2,280 Sold
11 BUCKAROO 4,560 Sold
11A FIRE 2,160 Sold
11B FISHTALES 3,600 Sold
12 BRONCO 2,280 Sold
13 ZODIAC 1,200 Sold
14 EL TORO 1,680 Sold
15 FLYING CARPET 1,200 Sold
16 KING PIN 1,860 Sold
16A STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION 5,040 Sold
17 FAST DRAW 2,280 Sold
18 MISS AMERICA BINGO 2,160 Sold
18A DRACULA 2,520 Sold
19 BALI BINGO MACHINE 600 Sold
20 BALI BINGO MACHINE 420 Sold
21 ROYAL FLUSH 3,120 Sold
22 SURF CHAMP 3,120 Sold
23 TARGET ALPHA 2,640 Sold
24A FISHTALES 3,840 Sold
25 TICKER TAPE BINGO 720 Sold
26 CHARLIES ANGELS 3,240 Sold
27 DRAGON 1,560 Sold
28 JOKER POKER 2,640 Sold
29 PLAYBOY 3,840 Sold
30 SINBAD 1,920 Sold
31A CARD WHIZ 2,640 Sold
32 SILVER BALL MANIA 1,920 Sold
33 ALI 2,280 Sold
35 FIREPOWER 1,560 Sold
35A GOLDEN EYE 2,880 Sold
36 ORBIT ONE 1,200 Sold
37 QUICKSILVER 1,080 Sold
38 TORCH 1,560 Sold
39 EIGHT BALL 2,640 Sold
39A EIGHT BALL DELUXE, 3,360 Sold
41 LOST WORLD 2,640 Sold
42 COMET 1,320 Sold

Generated at 4:22:50 PM on the Tuesday, June 27, 2006, Prices are inclusive of Buyer's Premium and may be subject to change. Prices shown in Australian Dollars

43 HIGH SPEED 1,680 Sold
44 SPACE STATION 1,560 Sold
45 SCRAMBLE 1,320 Sold
46 EARTH SHAKER 2,640 Sold
47 BACK TO THE FUTURE 2,880 Sold
48 BATMAN 4,080 Sold
49 CHECKPOINT 3,120 Sold
50 FUN HOUSE 4,080 Sold
51 THE MACHINE BRIDE PINBOT 3,480 Sold
52 HURRICANE 3,120 Sold
53 ADDAMS FAMILY 5,760 Sold
54 CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 4,080 Sold
55 DR WHO 2,880 Sold
56 FISHTALES 3,240 Sold
57 GETAWAY 2,880 Sold
58 GILLIGANS ISLAND 4,080 Sold
59 LEATHAL WEAPON 3,120 Sold
60 STAR WARS 4,320 Sold
61 TERMINATOR 4,320 Sold
62 JURASSIC PARK 3,120 Sold
63 LAST ACTION HERO 2,880 Sold
64 ROCKY & BULLWINKLE 4,080 Sold
65 STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION 4,080 Sold
66 WHITEWATER 3,000 Sold
67 CORVETTE 4,320 Sold
68 DEMOLITION MAN 2,640 Sold
69 DIRTY HARRY 3,360 Sold
70 DRACULA 2,640 Sold
71 FRANKENSTEIN 2,640 Sold
72 FREDDY - NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2,640 Sold
74 MAGIC CASTLE 1,800 Sold
75 POPEYE 3,000 Sold
76 ROYAL RUMBLE 2,880 Sold
77 WORLD CUP SOCCER - USA 1994 7,200 Sold
78 APPOLLO 13 3,600 Sold
79 BAYWATCH 2,880 Sold
80 MAVERICK 3,360 Sold
81 RESCUE 911 2,280 Sold
82 ROADSHOW 2,760 Sold
83 STARGATE 2,880 Sold
84 WHO DUNNIT 3,360 Sold
84A TRIDENT 1,680 Sold
85 TWISTER 2,400 Sold
86 WATERWORLD 2,400 Sold
87 BARB WIRE 3,960 Sold
88 FASTBREAK 2,040 Sold
89 GOLDEN EYE 2,880 Sold
90 MARIO ANDRETTI 2,040 Sold
90A FIREPOWER 1,680 Sold
91 SPACE STATION 1,680 Sold

Generated at 4:23:36 PM on the Tuesday, June 27, 2006, Prices are inclusive of Buyer's Premium and may be subject to change. Prices shown in Australian Dollars

92 BATMAN 3,360 Sold
94 CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 3,600 Sold
95 DR WHO 2,640 Sold
97 GETAWAY 3,600 Sold
98 LEATHAL WEAPON 3,240 Sold
99 LAST ACTION HERO 2,640 Sold
100 ROCKY & BULLWINKLE 3,360 Sold
101 STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION 3,600 Sold
102 DEMOLITION MAN 2,520 Sold
102A FRANKENSTEIN 2,400 Sold
104 MAVERICK 2,880 Sold
105A CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 3,480 Sold
107 STREET FIGHTER VS X-MEN 1,320 Sold
108 TEKKEN TWO 600 Sold
109 STREET FIGHTER TWO 1,110 Sold
110 SEIBU SOCCER 1,140 Sold
111 MAJOR TITLE TWO 600 Sold
112 1940's WALL MOUNT ARCADE GAME 780 Sold
113 , 0 Unsold
114 , 0 Unsold
115 , 0 Unsold
116 , 0 Unsold

hamish_nz
27th June 2006, 04:47 PM
the buy of the day had to be

77 WORLD CUP SOCCER - USA 1994 $7,200

DKong
27th June 2006, 09:50 PM
I was so gutted that I couldn't go..but now I just feel damn sorry for all those people who got ripped...
The whole "Mint" "like new" "Excellant condition" thing should be taken a lot more seriously as in Ebay..but these people saw the machines liked what they saw and bought it..Consumer protection would be nil ..
All this auction has done is give the Pinball community bad credability from what I gather .
And it will get harder to buy good quality pins..most people now will hang onto their GOOD condition pins (for retirement benefits) :lol

Darksoul
28th June 2006, 02:13 PM
Mother of GOD!!!!

I live and breath Gottlieb system 1 pinballs and these prices are f*cking ridiculous!

Each of these machines would have to be the rarer EM versions and in pristine condition otherwise they would be worth about:

26 CHARLIES ANGELS 3,240 Sold - $1400.
27 DRAGON 1,560 Sold - $1200
28 JOKER POKER 2,640 Sold - $1400

30 SINBAD 1,920 Sold - $1400

Ric
28th June 2006, 02:16 PM
check out what the Charlie's Angel backglass went for

the glass had major bubbling on left hand angel (cheryl ladd?) and some bad touch up work too

bwodie
4th July 2006, 09:44 AM
well my impulse buy of my first pinny on saturday, and reading this.. has made me nervous lol
i payed $1250 for my terminator 2, he told me it was rough.. it doesnt look that rough but im having a few issues as posted in the techy forum :S
dunno if i got ripped or not

but if i didnt grab it, there was two other fellas standing there waiting for it.. thought **** it i can always ebay it for $1250
i knew nothing of pinnys technically.. silly bastard i can be.. just love terminator 2 so much.. now i want all my fav movie pinnys

Ric
4th July 2006, 10:24 AM
the bug has bitten

you can never turn back now...

Ric

bwodie
4th July 2006, 10:47 AM
so it would seem
now i need to double my pay to afford lol
if you get a chance Ric, check my post out in the tech forum
cheers :D

NMD
5th July 2006, 01:56 PM
There was an article on the auction in the St George leader paper yesterday i scanned it and you can see it HERE! (http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/doink01/scan.jpg)

bwodie
5th July 2006, 02:02 PM
i need to go to some decent auctions that werent revved up by the media and where they wont be flooded by people throwing money around for the sake of it
want some bargains dammnit!

Mickey Juice
5th July 2006, 04:45 PM
There was an article on the auction in the St George leader paper yesterday i scanned it and you can see it HERE! (http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/doink01/scan.jpg)

That's scary.

con
5th July 2006, 05:16 PM
i need to go to some decent auctions that werent revved up by the media and where they wont be flooded by people throwing money around for the sake of it
want some bargains dammnit!

dream on buddy

Ric
5th July 2006, 05:20 PM
sorry bwodie, you and everyone on this site are looking for the elusive bargain and it aint going to be at an auction

frs
5th July 2006, 05:28 PM
Always looking for a bargain ....

hey Bwodie - I'll give you a dollar for your T2? :lol

Ric
5th July 2006, 06:19 PM
i'll give you two - we have an auction

(sorry - couldn't resist)

keep your eyes peeled at all time and you still can snag the odd bargain

LOTR4U
5th July 2006, 06:47 PM
Maybe I should call ACA and see if there interested in our take on the auction?

Mickey Juice
5th July 2006, 07:28 PM
heh, Bwodie sell your pin for $2, but have your Auction fee of 400,000% which must be added plus GST ;)