PDA

View Full Version : New to this....what do I need4 it to work.

Talby
19th June 2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I am new to arcade machines, have a few pinballs but.....

I am looking to buy the cabinet that is listed here, under arcade for sale, in Canberra but it doesn't have a PCB and the jamma harness has a loose wire.

Can any PCB be installed in the machine or are there different models or versions. Looking at either a dedicated game such as galaga or the 48 in 1 board.

Can jamma harnesses be repaired or what am I looking at for a new/2nd hand one?

What is a 48 in 1 board worth these days and are the games of a decent quality?

Thanks

maxpower
19th June 2008, 09:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I am new to arcade machines, have a few pinballs but.....

I am looking to buy the cabinet that is listed here, under arcade for sale, in Canberra but it doesn't have a PCB and the jamma harness has a loose wire.

Can any PCB be installed in the machine or are there different models or versions. Looking at either a dedicated game such as galaga or the 48 in 1 board.

Can jamma harnesses be repaired or what am I looking at for a new/2nd hand one?

What is a 48 in 1 board worth these days and are the games of a decent quality?

Thanks

Hi Talby I think any jamma board will go in. Some have a six button setup so need another harness. Try and fix the jamma harness or a new one is cheap as. I'd go the 48in1 or 60in1 and think gamedude has them for around $125ish. I like the 48 in 1's but the sound is a bit stuffed on some games but everyone I have showed just think that it sounds like a stuffed speaker and it doesn't worry them. Hope this helps.;)

Talby
19th June 2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks Maxpower, sounds like it shouldn't be all too hard. Lovely...another toy to keep me off the streets and in the dog box with the bride.

Fish Tales
19th June 2008, 11:34 AM
you are so lucky that cab hasnt been sold, lots wanted it but were not close enough

felixthadog
19th June 2008, 12:06 PM
If it is a JAMMA standard, any JAMMA PCB can be plugged straight into the harness, however as maxpower mentioned some games use more than 3 buttons per player so an additional "kick" harness would be required. As for the loose wire, you can just solder a new wire on to the existing wire and run it to the required connection. Or if the wiring harness is a little shabby, you can buy a whole new harness for around $25. I have no idea about wiring but I was able to re-wire my cab easily so a loose wire shouldn't be a problem to repair. I was interested in that cab but unfortunately the location was too far away and shipping would have made it too expensive.

Matthew