PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Pinball Restoration DVD - Aussie Style

Darksoul
9th June 2006, 01:45 AM
I keep getting asked about my backglass reproduction and have had it suggested I do a DVD.

DVD on the backglasses would only run about 15 minutes but I was thinking of adding in:

Cabinet stenciling and spraying
Playfield restoration/painting/color matching
Choice of tools - airbrush etc.
Playfield clearcoating

Maybe do a tour of people's collections in Adelaide as well, just to pad the DVD out.

I recon a good price to sell would be about $10 - $15 considering editing and cinematography would not be Hollywood standard.

Before I start on such a stupidly self indulgent orgy of pinball mania, how many of you guys would consider buying it? (to fund my pinball addiction)

:lol

Wotto
9th June 2006, 07:27 AM
This is a BRILLIANT idea !!

BG restoration is an area that could well do with a LOT more input from the GLOBAL pin community.

What about if those of us with digital video camera's created loads of files of our games in gameplay and sent them to you on DVD's so you had many "padding" sections for the DVD ( you know , do a main subject section , then fade/roll out to 10 seconds of a pinball lit up in action, then fade/roll back to your next part of the main subject).

You could get a really nice DVD out of it.

If I can- I will help in any way required.

Let me know
Wotto
:D :p :D

catty
9th June 2006, 08:15 AM
Sounds great. Wotto you should start to video some of your restoration process, and send dark the tape to edit.

hamish_nz
9th June 2006, 08:37 AM
put me down fr one :-)

Wotto
9th June 2006, 08:55 AM
Sounds great. Wotto you should start to video some of your restoration process, and send dark the tape to edit.

Trouble is- all my restores are now done - with plenty of pics but NO video.
However- if anyone would like to donate thier old 80's pin to me I can restore it and video it at the same time :lol

catty
9th June 2006, 10:59 AM
Trouble is- all my restores are now done - with plenty of pics but NO video.
However- if anyone would like to donate thier old 80's pin to me I can restore it and video it at the same time :lol

Wotto, that s/i of mine is itching to be restored. Maybe we can work something out.

NMD
9th June 2006, 11:21 AM
Great idea, id definitely buy a copy.

Wotto
9th June 2006, 11:25 AM
Wotto, that s/i of mine is itching to be restored. Maybe we can work something out.

So we shall meet at say........Coffs Harbour then ? For the exchange?

Darksoul
9th June 2006, 12:43 PM
Glad there is so much interest. It will be a little while before I get organised enough to start the DVD, then there is the editing etc.

All I need is a sidekick to do the camera work and a sex chick!

Savage
9th June 2006, 12:46 PM
Yep,
Would be good. I've got pics of when I repaired my IJ playfield and 2 pac clearcoated it, if you want pics?

The Pinny Parlour
9th June 2006, 01:50 PM
So we shall meet at say........Coffs Harbour then ? For the exchange?

Do it catty. Free resto. You know Wotto's the man too. I wanna play that thing one day. :D

catty
9th June 2006, 07:21 PM
Sounds good to me Wotto. Pm your address and I'll send you a disk with some high res photos, so you can have a good look before we go to far. The playfield is shit. The cabinet is delaminating in places, and I have ****ed around with the underside of the playfield. But the good news is, well there isn't much. It was fully working, and the backglass is in good nick so I suppose thats something.

The Pinny Parlour
9th June 2006, 07:25 PM
Wotto, say yes. You know you want to. lol

I'm excited. I may actually get to play catty's SI pinny one day. :D

gottman
12th June 2006, 12:30 PM
Count me in...:D :p :cool: ;)

xygt
22nd July 2006, 04:50 AM
I don't think I can double as a sexy chick (although there was this party one time....), but I can hold the camera.

Cheers,
Xygt

garuda
22nd July 2006, 07:59 AM
Consider me in. I'm about to do my third major restoration on a 1984 Space Shuttle. I will keep a record as I go in case this thing gets off the ground.:)

pocketmoney
22nd July 2006, 06:57 PM
This sounds like a grand idea indeed... Will be in for a copy, when do you think it might be a weekly rental <just out of curiosity> :)

Consider me in. I'm about to do my third major restoration on a 1984 Space Shuttle. I will keep a record as I go in case this thing gets off the ground.:)

of course we always hope the shuttles make it off the ground.

Paul.

DialogPimp
22nd July 2006, 07:36 PM
<Flame Suit On>
I'm putting it down to the difference between American and Aussie humour, but I felt the TOP videos would have been much better if they had have dropped the tit rubs with plungers and all the other crap, and devoted that time to covering things in more detail. If I'd wanted a hardon, I would have headed over to penisbot (and hey, I love my filth as much as the next guy).

A lot of the content I had already done/knew how to do or whatever, but some bits where I really wanted just a little more detail, only to have it switch to some Star Wars crap or whatever.
<Flame Suit Off>

Wotto
23rd July 2006, 10:42 PM
Hey Darksoul - a couple of things -

I am currently filming gameplay of my 5 pins so I could easily send you a disc full of "fillers" / "chapter breakers" as promised .............if this project gets off the ground.:unsure

Also - I MAY have another HUGE pin project happening????? over the next 12 months or so and I could document onto film how I do it all so that way I could also contribute to the DVD if you wanted ???:unsure

Are you still considering it??:unsure

Wotto
:D :p :D

catty
23rd July 2006, 10:54 PM
Hey Wotto, your email is bouning back those pics I sent. Something about inappropriate language. I will delete and send again.

hamish_nz
24th July 2006, 09:03 AM
I would love to see a section on people and there collections.

Mickey Juice
24th July 2006, 09:20 AM
<Flame Suit On>
I'm putting it down to the difference between American and Aussie humour, but I felt the TOP videos would have been much better if they had have dropped the tit rubs with plungers and all the other crap, and devoted that time to covering things in more detail. If I'd wanted a hardon, I would have headed over to penisbot (and hey, I love my filth as much as the next guy).

A lot of the content I had already done/knew how to do or whatever, but some bits where I really wanted just a little more detail, only to have it switch to some Star Wars crap or whatever.
<Flame Suit Off>

I agree with you on that one regarding the latest TOP DVD ie the Star Wars one.
The other DVDs are great tho.

Crafty
24th July 2006, 09:12 PM
I may never restore a pinball, but would still be interested to see someone who has.

If nothing else, when I finally get a pinball if it goes on the blink this DVD might help me to troubleshoot the problem.

I'm in...