AskJacob
4th June 2008, 09:31 PM
I'm interested, so post away.

Looking good there!

pinsanity
4th June 2008, 09:33 PM

WOKA
4th June 2008, 09:37 PM
Quick work, only 17 minutes so far.. Should be complete by 10' tonight.. ;)

Seriously, how long so far..?

pinsanity
4th June 2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the encouragement AJ. :D

pinsanity
4th June 2008, 09:45 PM

pinsanity
4th June 2008, 09:51 PM

AskJacob
4th June 2008, 09:54 PM
Nice post!

Makes me wish I could afford the IJ decals wayne has. That 20% off makes it so bloody tantalisingly close:badgrin

Damn house insurance and car rego month:x

How happy are you with the gold powdercoat?

WOKA
4th June 2008, 10:00 PM
3 weeks.. Wow.

So your application of the decals was the 'wet' or 'dry' method.

Top work, big pics would be good, maybe in the AA photo gallery when you get a chance perhaps.

pinsanity
4th June 2008, 10:07 PM

AskJacob
4th June 2008, 10:21 PM
Dry method.

Thanks AJ.

Yeah Im pretty happy with the powdercoating-probably could look better with gold plating instead, but the guy who did it powdercoated it for free provided I had the pieces prepped and smooth--so I can't complain too much I guess.:cool:

I guess I'll see how it holds up with the ball constantly flying into that skill shot bracket.:confused:

That's what I'm interested in. I guess powdercoat must be OK as the DE simpsons wire ramps were done with it and seem to last if looked after...

Shock_And_Awe
4th June 2008, 10:45 PM
Very nice work there Reuben. It's a great looking game Arabian Nights. I'm actually just in the phase of putting the bits back in a cab of mine after doing the decals last w/e. It's also good to fill those ugly coin door lock bar holes like you did!
Thanks for sharing.

pinsanity
4th June 2008, 11:00 PM

Ballypinball
4th June 2008, 11:13 PM
That's how cabinet art should be done

VERY NICE INDEED

We have been testing new vinyl that will make it impossible to get a buble in it
and sets rock hard.

Just trying to get the price down at present.

GIBO
4th June 2008, 11:38 PM
Nice restore.................................Did you end up finding a new red spinning disc

pinsanity
4th June 2008, 11:45 PM

Ballypinball
4th June 2008, 11:54 PM
I have 2 nos ones but need them for a remake

I will chase our supplier up

pinsanity
5th June 2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks Wayne.

pinsanity
5th June 2008, 02:46 AM
First post updated to include link to better quality pics.

More pics once playfield is back in and reconnected (and hopefully working)

stuba
5th June 2008, 08:06 AM
great thread. nice work. cheers

markc
5th June 2008, 08:12 AM
some real nice work there

well done

its a shame we have so many games that faded like these. the more decals that come out will bring these games back to life. I hear we have a few more due out soon.

mark

Burra749
5th June 2008, 08:22 AM
Well done.
Great to read about other peoples experiences.
Im going to do this with my IJ, just as soon as Kiss is finished.:rolleyes
Its starting to drag on now.:(
Well i guess not really if you compare it to Ryans CV & cocktail restos:p

Shock_And_Awe
5th June 2008, 09:13 AM
(My MM is the only machine left which has those lock bar bolts/holes--but hopefully not for much longer. ;))
I've still got a few with the holes in them, but not my MM anymore, that was what I did last w/e. Did you just fill the holes and then touch-up your other cabs or did you redecal them?
Also, when you say 3 weeks, is that just for your cab or the playfield strip and clean too? Either way, that's bloody quick time! I stripped my MM cab decals off probably 6 weeks ago and I'm only now starting to put it back together.
If you get a chance (and don't mind sharing of course) I'd love to see some pics of your room you've got there. It looks like a nice big space for your games.

LOTR4U
5th June 2008, 09:49 AM
Well done.
Great to read about other peoples experiences.
Im going to do this with my IJ, just as soon as Kiss is finished.:rolleyes
Its starting to drag on now.:(
Well i guess not really if you compare it to Ryans CV & cocktail restos:p

Ummm.... difference is, I lived in a 2 bed 6th floor appartment, it alittle hard to do cabinet work in your lounge room. ;)

pinsanity
5th June 2008, 06:55 PM

LOTR4U
5th June 2008, 06:57 PM
Full props to you mate! :D

Ballypinball
5th June 2008, 07:05 PM
I've still got a few with the holes in them, but not my MM anymore, that was what I did last w/e. Did you just fill the holes and then touch-up your other cabs or did you redecal them?
Also, when you say 3 weeks, is that just for your cab or the playfield strip and clean too? Either way, that's bloody quick time! I stripped my MM cab decals off probably 6 weeks ago and I'm only now starting to put it back together.
If you get a chance (and don't mind sharing of course) I'd love to see some pics of your room you've got there. It looks like a nice big space for your games.

That cabinet looks way too good

some real nice work there

well done

its a shame we have so many games that faded like these. the more decals that come out will bring these games back to life. I hear we have a few more due out soon.

mark

I read on Darins Blog, Big Lawsuit with IPB?

I Guess there must be another supplier working with IPB

LOTR4U
5th June 2008, 09:27 PM
Why don't you team up with Darin Wayne? That way he could carry some of the rish of doing Decals and you could sell sets on OZ? :unsure

Sorry that was off topic. my bad :p

P.S mate if you want any posts deleted from this thread as your restore moves along to shorten the restore doco and pics let me know.

I have deleted some of the posts from my CV resto so its not a mass of posts and peopel can read it easier.

Ballypinball
5th June 2008, 09:32 PM
Unlike Gene I will not get between a litigation

pinsanity
5th June 2008, 09:37 PM

LOTR4U
5th June 2008, 10:09 PM
Besides these online "boxing matches" always generate a lot of page views to your thread so that can only be a good thing for me, right? ;) :badgrin

Good one :badgrin

You haven't finshed the resto tho? Isn't there more stuff to do? :unsure

pinsanity
5th June 2008, 10:11 PM
More pics will be up after this weekend.:D

LOTR4U
5th June 2008, 10:13 PM
That machine is awsome i will give you that! What does she play like? :unsure

pinsanity
5th June 2008, 10:24 PM

LOTR4U
5th June 2008, 10:28 PM
I always enjoyed the game and it plays very well, but Ill ask you, "did you find it fairly easy to get to the battle the genie wizard mode"? (which I could rarely beat due to having to manually launch the balls all the time--just like WCS94)

I did and it's probably one of the reasons I have drifted over to my CV now as my "current" favourite (particularly now it has Home Roms in it (gotta love Copycat mode.)

I'll give a better assessment after this weekend once the playfield is back in (which has been cleaned and had three layers of Meguiars Carnauba Wax applied to it).

It should be real slick.:cool:

Man I never got to battle the genie once :( didn't play it enough. Shock did a couple of times but could defeat the genie. Looks impossible :lol

pinsanity
5th June 2008, 10:37 PM

Gav
6th June 2008, 07:26 AM
Sparkythepinmonkey defeated the Genie the first night that pin was in SA, Judgeboz also got very close after about 6 games, 3 ball games. Must be a better brand of players over here:D

Strangeways
11th June 2008, 02:03 PM
Some really good work being done with decal installations and general restorations. Keep up the good work and post plenty of pictures.

:cool:

AskJacob
11th June 2008, 02:59 PM
Sparkythepinmonkey defeated the Genie the first night that pin was in SA, Judgeboz also got very close after about 6 games, 3 ball games. Must be a better brand of players over here:D

Nah, SA is tilted back about 3 degrees, so you'll need to set the playfield at 9.5 degrees:D

Gav
11th June 2008, 03:07 PM
Nah, SA is tilted back about 3 degrees, so you'll need to set the playfield at 9.5 degrees:D

Gold:lol

We did allow for the tilt over here and set incline to 10deg.:D Had to re-spring the plunger with a coilspring from an old holden just to plung the balls out:cool: