PDA

View Full Version : T-Moulding

opm881
26th May 2008, 06:57 PM
With t-moulding, do the corners it gets used on need to be curved or is it able to go over well, non curved corners, if ya get my drift. Like can it go over the corner of say a square, but instead of a 90 degree turn, more a 130 degree corner

MadMikeAU
26th May 2008, 07:02 PM
Yes. But you need to cut a section of the tongue to make it bend back on itself. In fact, its probably easier to make a cut on every corner. Some also suggest soaking in warm water or using a heat gun (hair dryer?) to make to more flexable (as well as the cutting the back)

opm881
26th May 2008, 07:07 PM
kk, thx. got any tips on how i can place the glass over the screen and hold it there?

MetalSkin
27th May 2008, 08:46 AM
kk, thx. got any tips on how i can place the glass over the screen and hold it there?

most use clips. There are some clips that are for 28mm avail either on here or ebay somewhere, i was thinking about buying em, but decided in the end not to.

The clips go at the corner. Have a gander at Spacies tabletop, he used clips and you can see em clearly. note that there are diff styles though.

opm881
27th May 2008, 09:05 AM
i looked over on BOYAC and a guy had asked the same question, and the guy that replied said that it was basically held on using gravity, as in it just laid there and cause of the angle it didnt fall off. Id be fine with that as im gonna use perspex, not glass

MadMikeAU
27th May 2008, 09:37 AM
Cocktails use corner clips to hold the glass in place.

Uprights use a slot at the bottom and metal trim at the top to hold the glass.

MetalSkin
27th May 2008, 11:46 AM
i looked over on BOYAC and a guy had asked the same question, and the guy that replied said that it was basically held on using gravity, as in it just laid there and cause of the angle it didnt fall off. Id be fine with that as im gonna use perspex, not glass

Hmm would worry me that. I've got two side tables that have glass tops held on by gravity. They get very little use but even still the glass moves around a bit.

On a cocktail I imagine there would be a fair bit of use and as such would move around a bit. Reckon its best if you use clips.

One option though, if your using perspex, is to have the t-mould protrude above the edge by 1 or 2mm. then the perspex could sit inside that! Wouldn't do it with glass though.

opm881
27th May 2008, 12:03 PM
hmm, ill have to figure something out, might just get some cocktail glass clips from gamedude and attack them to the monitor mounting board and hold the perspex int hat way