PDA

View Full Version : You think you know somebody ....

felixthadog
19th May 2008, 02:55 PM
My wife and I took my godson to King Pin Bowling Lounge in Melbourne Central yesterday for 2 games of bowling and some games on the arcade machines. We played Daytona 2, Cruisin' USA, Point Blank and a really shit Horse Racing game (no instructions provided, I didn't know what the hell I was doing!). Then just before we were ready to leave, my wife spots the 2 cocktail machines and asks me for some money. I say to her "I didn't think you liked arcade machines" to which she replies "Oh no, I don't like the ones you have, but I LOVE the cocktail machines". I was shocked! There I've been, all this time trying to convince her to have a game on my upright machines and never getting anywhere, when all I needed to do was buy a cocktail machine. She says that when she was 10 her father used to take her & her friend to the pub and leave her playing Donkey Kong and Pac-Man on the cocktail machine while he drank with his mates. He knew the owner so they got the games for free and were there for hours. Well now I am aware of this, it changes my tact altogether. There is a chance of a games room full of cocktail machines yet! :D

Matthew

cejay
19th May 2008, 02:57 PM
Women are strange...

dmworking247
19th May 2008, 03:04 PM
LOL so there IS hope.... I must... find... my... wifes... weakness.

(relating to Arcade machines, that is)

Ric
19th May 2008, 03:06 PM
never once said "why don't you buy a cocktail/sit down?"

[As an aside my partner is a big fan of pinball and arcade so I am extremely lucky:)]

felixthadog
19th May 2008, 03:09 PM
never once said "why don't you buy a cocktail/sit down?"

Me or her? I never thought to ask, and god knows why she never thought to tell me :unsure

Matthew

Fish Tales
19th May 2008, 03:10 PM
my misses wants me to buy a cocktail cab, but I prefer uprights!
(and cocktails cost alot more generally)

felixthadog
19th May 2008, 03:12 PM
my misses wants me to buy a cocktail cab, but I prefer uprights!
(and cocktails cost alot more generally)

I prefer whatever I am allowed to have :lol

At least if I add a cocktail machine to my collection I can make use of the caroma stools that are sitting idle under the pinball machine :023:

Matthew

BettyCrocker1942
19th May 2008, 03:14 PM
wow. i'm glad i wasnt the only kid left in the corner of a pub full of strangers playing Galaga... :lol

Fish Tales
19th May 2008, 03:17 PM
wow. i'm glad i wasnt the only kid left in the corner of a pub full of strangers playing Galaga... :lol

no but does that explain anything about you?
:unsure

felixthadog
19th May 2008, 03:21 PM

But my wife had a friend with her :tomato

Matthew

dmworking247
19th May 2008, 03:23 PM
I used to get left in the pub too at a really young age... but I don't recall any arcades, so I played with these little translucent animals that the bartender would put on the rim of all the glasses.

That, and those little umbrellas.

felixthadog
19th May 2008, 03:27 PM
I used to get left in the pub too at a really young age... but I don't recall any arcades, so I played with these little translucent animals that the bartender would put on the rim of all the glasses.

That, and those little umbrellas.

At a really young age, there were lots of things to entertain you in a pub - peanuts, stubby caps, cigarette butts, fingernails - those troughs were always full of interesting things for small hands :badgrin

Matthew

elkor-alish
19th May 2008, 03:42 PM
Would have been nice if she told you she loved cocktails in the first place though hey?:rolleyes

I am extermely fortunate that my missus loves Pinball and Arcade or I wouldn't have half so much gear as I do now.

Me too! :)

I was lucky though 'cause my parents used to go to the Scarborough Hotel (or "Snake Pit" as it was more commonly known) and I would just bug everyone till they gave me a few bucks and head down to the beach front that was chock full of Pinnie Palours. Those were the days

felixthadog
19th May 2008, 03:55 PM
Would have been nice if she told you she loved cocktails in the first place though hey?:rolleyes

Yep, but I think with my other passion being cars she probably felt that keeping it a secret would curb my expenditure enough so that I could afford my dream car instead of whinging about not having it. Now the cat is out of the bag and I want the car and the cocktail :lol

Matthew

elkor-alish
19th May 2008, 03:58 PM
:lol

Prof
19th May 2008, 04:10 PM
get a cocktail down driving cab :) Kills both problems :D

felixthadog
19th May 2008, 04:17 PM
get a cocktail down driving cab :) Kills both problems :D

10 points for imagination :023:

Matthew

Pop Bumper Pete
19th May 2008, 05:18 PM
I suppose you wont have to go through with the divorce now
;)

RA40Peter
19th May 2008, 10:51 PM
Don't worry, she still has time to change her mind,
Just when you get rid if the upright for a cocktail cab, she will want to play the upright!

felixthadog
20th May 2008, 08:33 AM
Don't worry, she still has time to change her mind,
Just when you get rid if the upright for a cocktail cab, she will want to play the upright!

Who said anything about getting rid of the upright? :unsure

Matthew

Nidzdotnet
20th May 2008, 09:12 AM
I thought about reading this thread but there's too many words.

I agree with what the other people say.

@lien_Zed
20th May 2008, 09:57 AM
Me or her? I never thought to ask, and god knows why she never thought to tell me :unsure

Matthew

Matthew, Matthew, Matthew

your wife never told you cos.... shes a woman. us husbands are supposed to be able to read our wife's mind at the drop of hat. Its part of the rules, man dont you know anything??? :rolleyes:unsure:):lol:p

felixthadog
20th May 2008, 10:08 AM
Matthew, Matthew, Matthew

your wife never told you cos.... shes a woman. us husbands are supposed to be able to read our wife's mind at the drop of hat. Its part of the rules, man dont you know anything??? :rolleyes:unsure:):lol:p

Nope, I don't know shit about how women think. I asked my wife last night why she never told me about her love for cocktail machines and her answer was "You never asked me". WTF? :o:unsure:rolleyes Anyway, she says I can get a cocktail machine for Christmas this year, but I am going to wear her down by mentioning it at every opportunity, leaving eBay auctions open on my laptop, adding a photo of a cocktail machine as my screen saver etc. So if you guys & gals hear of any cocktail machines for sale, let me know! :D

Matthew

Davefjedi
20th May 2008, 12:47 PM
So if you guys & gals hear of any cocktail machines for sale, let me know! :DMatthew

Hmmm I may be able to help you out there

Col
21st May 2008, 02:00 AM
My wife made a statement last year that opened the way to buy a Firepower II pinball machine and a good NeoGeo.

As I had almost 100 amusement machines in shops years ago (1970's) with pinballs and videos at home all the time, but sold them all when PC's came in - SHE SAID "Why didn't we have a pinball when the kids were growing up"

Sounded like a good offer to me to buy a couple of them (for the grand kids of cause which are too young to play them).

Does not matter how you get them in the house as long as they are there.

;)

mouser
21st May 2008, 11:16 AM
I'm the other way around. My wife loves arcade and pinnies and we have no space to put one!!!!!!!!!!

:o

dmworking247
21st May 2008, 11:49 AM
Nope, I don't know shit about how women think. I asked my wife last night why she never told me about her love for cocktail machines and her answer was "You never asked me". WTF? :o:unsure:rolleyes Anyway, she says I can get a cocktail machine for Christmas this year, but I am going to wear her down by mentioning it at every opportunity, leaving eBay auctions open on my laptop, adding a photo of a cocktail machine as my screen saver etc. So if you guys & gals hear of any cocktail machines for sale, let me know! :D

Matthew

Mate, you need lesson #2 about being a man:

Whats this about her allowing you to have a cocktail for YOUR Christmas present? She's admitted she likes them now, so you need to get the cocktail as HER Christmas present (lesson: a man always finds an excuse to buy his wife a gift he wants for himself), then that leaves room for YOUR Christmas present to be something else, like a pinball, or an upright :D

Fish Tales
21st May 2008, 11:50 AM
or what about topless maid to her help with the vaccuming?

felixthadog
21st May 2008, 12:25 PM
Mate, you need lesson #2 about being a man:

Whats this about her allowing you to have a cocktail for YOUR Christmas present? She's admitted she likes them now, so you need to get the cocktail as HER Christmas present (lesson: a man always finds an excuse to buy his wife a gift he wants for himself), then that leaves room for YOUR Christmas present to be something else, like a pinball, or an upright :D

I have always been a "NOW" kind of guy - if I have wanted something, I bought it straight away. Now with a baby on the way and saving for my dream car, I have to "WAIT" for other things that take my fancy (another pinball, cocktail machine, upright etc). If I stick with my original habits, my dream car will stay just that - a "dream" rather than a reality. If I wait until Christmas to get the cocktail machine, the money comes out of my wife's pocket rather than out of the car fund. But you are right, if I can convince her that it is a present for HER rather than ME, it might happen sooner :023:

Matthew