PDA

View Full Version : redbox problem

torso
12th May 2008, 08:04 PM
I have just connected the red box up to the jamma harness and not a lot happens. The light on the box flashes and the screen does change colour when you start it up but thats it. It runs my street fighter jamma board with no issues. Can any one help. Thanks in advance.

Paul.

GameDude
13th May 2008, 09:05 AM
Pictures of your harness up close, since you purchased two I would say its cabinet wiring or the way they have been plugged in...

Syzlack
13th May 2008, 01:29 PM
Sounds like the same problem I had, my street fighter fired up fine but not the red box.
Is the screen all scrambled?

I was told to adjust horizontal sync on the chassis, this should fix it.
Mine some how corrected itself but I dont know how, it just started to display a picture so I did not have to make any adjustments. maybe when I kicked the cab after I cracked the shits and swore at it then it started working:lol

Davefjedi
13th May 2008, 03:19 PM
maybe when I kicked the cab after I cracked the shits and swore at it then it started working:lol

Where did you go to get that type of indepth training?:D

torso
13th May 2008, 03:38 PM
i think i need some more training then as my words didnt influence the machine at all. will have a look at the horizontal sync. Cheers.

Davefjedi
16th May 2008, 07:58 PM
Ok draging this thread up I got my redbox today of mrwolf (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=14097) powers up fine just get no responce from the controlls nothing happens when i use the buttons or joystick standard wired jamma cab
the list comes up on the screen and thats it ???
cab works fine with other jamma boards
I have the power to the pc psu and have the jamma harness connected to the edge connector on the box I have also used the suplyed edge connector extension cable that plugs into the side with the same result. I have not disconected the jamma power from the arcade psu
Ipress the button 1 on the redbox and the list changes showing the squares next to the games names awaiting a change but nothing button2 changes the txt from chineese to english
it cant be to much wrong anyone got any thoughts:unsure

schmake
16th May 2008, 11:37 PM
It's a long shot, but has the parallel port plug that connects to the custom JAMMA adapter become dislodged?

Davefjedi
17th May 2008, 12:15 AM
Just opened it up and had a look allcables in nice and tight :(

Syzlack
17th May 2008, 09:10 AM
Where did you go to get that type of indepth training?:D

I am self taught:cool:

Is the jamma plug going on far enough and making proper contacrt? mine needed modding as it would not plug straight in as the board was too wide for the jamma plug. Even when I was able to get the plug on it wasnt making proper contact and I was getting static noises tho still played ok.

That other jamma connector (cable) that came with the game box wouldt allow all buttons to function for me so I went back to the standard jamma edge connector at the front of the red box.. I think it is for connection to pc? :unsure but it didnt work for me.

Davefjedi
17th May 2008, 10:12 AM
I pm`d Gamedude he said to try this
"If the buttons on the unit work but not the player controls I would say your ground is not connected to the common ground but probably instead connected to the reused ground the redbox uses.
Have a look at the chinglish manual you will see that two of the ground are reused as player button 6 and if your current jamma harness uses that ground for the controls that would explain it "

I will try this when I dont have 3 screaming kids to look after :cry

narf_
17th May 2008, 10:18 AM
put wiggles on dave

works in my house. soon as the dvd goes in kids are like glue to the tv ;)

Syzlack
17th May 2008, 10:52 AM
Cheap babysitting:lol

BTW, has anyone found the volume on the red box has a mind of its own?
from out of no where it goes to full volume for no reason, give it a tweak and it returns to normal. I dunno.

Davefjedi
17th May 2008, 10:54 AM
Wiggles streaming from xbox as I type
the 1 year old not intrested though :(

narf_
17th May 2008, 11:31 AM
lol

i use "pop goes the wiggles" nothing else works besides the lotto when its on.

Davefjedi
17th May 2008, 12:51 PM
I pm`d Gamedude he said to try this
"If the buttons on the unit work but not the player controls I would say your ground is not connected to the common ground but probably instead connected to the reused ground the redbox uses.
Have a look at the chinglish manual you will see that two of the ground are reused as player button 6 and if your current jamma harness uses that ground for the controls that would explain it "

I will try this when I dont have 3 screaming kids to look after :cry

Ok Guys If in doubt RTFM ground was the issue thanks Dorian

GameDude
17th May 2008, 01:04 PM
Ok Guys If in doubt RTFM ground was the issue thanks Dorian
:023: