PDA

View Full Version : Have built a MAME cab. ow I want a pinball machine!

Johno
31st May 2006, 12:26 AM
Hi,

finished building my MAME cab toaya nd now my next project will be a pinball!!!

What do you guys recommend for a first pinball or a fixer upper?? does any1 in adelaide have any pinballs to sell??

Darksoul
31st May 2006, 05:27 PM
I am in Adelaide.

I have a Pinball Pool (1979 Gottlieb System 1). Cabinet and playfield need work BUT it is fully working. I traced all and repaired all bad solder joints and cut wires.

I can plug in a Ni-Wumpf board to show that it works. There is an intermittent problem in one of the displays (player 4 I think) which suggests a corroded/bad pin.

You will have to get your own electronic boards.

Comes with a redone backglass (on left). I can only sell it with the machine, not separately.

http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/pinfront%20(1).jpg

Since so much has been done, it will cost more than an eBay "doesn't work but it should be easy to fix" machine.

PM me if interested and I'll supply more pics. :unsure

In any event, have a look around to get an idea of reasonable prices for machines in their particular condition. Research what type of machine you are prepared to fix, the extent of repairs you are willing to undertake etc.

Take your time, don't rush in.

humpalot
31st May 2006, 06:11 PM
Hi,

finished building my MAME cab toaya nd now my next project will be a pinball!!!

What do you guys recommend for a first pinball or a fixer upper?? does any1 in adelaide have any pinballs to sell??

For a first pinball I'd suggest that you get one fully working and stick to only cleaning it up (striping a little of the playfield parts at a time), replacing rubbers and bulbs. Then maybe next time around have a go at something like a semi working EM and never buy one of the Spanish made pins.