PDA

View Full Version : Importing pins

hamish_nz
29th May 2006, 09:16 AM
I have done some digging and have made a contact for importing pins from Europe.

Ive been sent a price for 21pins

price in euros

Any of the Sydney Crew interested?

I would be taking the AFM, RFM,TFTC

gunigoogoo
29th May 2006, 09:45 AM
Wouldn't be that chappy from Italy by any chance? CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Virgil Tracy
29th May 2006, 09:46 AM
I maybe interested but I am in Brisbane

Rocky and bullwinkle
Jurrasic park

rottenpig
29th May 2006, 10:00 AM
any info on this contact? for later enquiries.

hamish_nz
29th May 2006, 10:08 AM
pescefritte it is the italian.

Do you have any history you can share?

NMD
29th May 2006, 10:57 AM
Hmm interested depending on condition, i know they are container games but will this guy be sending over some pics? And whats the damage on shipping? Are the games complete?

Interested in a WH20

Maybe Markc can be of assistance here, he gets them in from Italy?

gunigoogoo
29th May 2006, 11:52 AM
I vaguely remember someone mentioned that they imported one of his containers and the machines were all crap. Might have been Markc but I'm not 100% sure.

OzStick
29th May 2006, 12:34 PM
I maybe interested but I am in Brisbane

Rocky and bullwinkle
Jurrasic park

Hey Virgil - I have a Rocky and Bullwinkle. Let me know if you're interested.....

adn0r
29th May 2006, 01:29 PM
I'm somewhat interested.. maybe the world cup or jurassic park (these prices are including shipping over here?) but I wouldn't be prepared to lay down the cash without knowing the condition the pinnys are in first.

hamish_nz
29th May 2006, 01:33 PM
Shipping not included in price.
I am looking into shipping costs at the moment.

garuda
29th May 2006, 04:26 PM
I could also be interested in several if I had some more info (JP, Getaway, TZ and WCS if no one was interested).

Virgil Tracy
29th May 2006, 06:20 PM
Hey Virgil - I have a Rocky and Bullwinkle. Let me know if you're interested.....

I am slightly intrested but I am a tight arse :D

OzStick
29th May 2006, 06:46 PM
I am slightly intrested but I am a tight arse :D

If that's the case then you definitely DON'T want a pinball machine.........:rolleyes

Virgil Tracy
29th May 2006, 06:49 PM
If that's the case then you definitely DON'T want a pinball machine.........:rolleyes

No I am in tight arse mode till my house extension with my new theatre room is done. Becasue I dont know how much money I will have left if any.

PM me with a price so I have an idea

Shock_And_Awe
29th May 2006, 06:55 PM
seems to me like risky business. I have heard a few stories about "experienced" people in the industry being stung big time from container loads of pinballs. Anyone else here know any details of this sort of stuff?
That said, I am interested and would like to find out more. If everything checks out and shipping costs good I would be interested in any or all of the following that aren't taken :
Getaway
Roadshow
TFTC
TZ
White Water
Any chance of a 2nd AFM in this delivery:)

markc
29th May 2006, 09:16 PM
Hmm interested depending on condition, i know they are container games but will this guy be sending over some pics? And whats the damage on shipping? Are the games complete?

Interested in a WH20

Maybe Markc can be of assistance here, he gets them in from Italy?

I havent ever got any from Italy and WONT. check out other chat sites and see what is said about our friend in Italy all I can say is be very carful. I would say make sure you fly over first and then watch them being packed too

also re prices the ones on the list not too bad

Addam 1250 euro is approx 2100 aussie add freight approx $300.00- $400.00 aussie each ( this includes insurance and packing, I would make sure they pack them properly ) then add fees at this end say $50 a pinball then GST $250.00
so thats 2800 still very good price for a addams then add a even amount across the board for repairs and parts we work on a range from 800 to 1200 ( you will make this cheaper if you do the repairs yourself) PER pinball some will need displays and so on. Most of them will have just come off site and will need to be cleaned and serviced PLUS parts. Also you will need to change the roms to English and change the power Supplies to aussie power and fit new leads and so on. And get coin mechs done to work here too thats around $65.00 per coin mech.
still a good addms for around 3500 to 4000 is nice but what if the body needs some work?

some will need very little work but i can tell from importing over 200 pinballs in the last 18 months most will need parts and work done.

as I can see by the list you have some lost leaders too

other points to think off

if you are doing it together
who unpacks the container ( and cleans it before they pick the empty container up) who claims back the GST on the import ? and then sells them to each other? where are they to be stored who will fix them who sells the unwanted ones ?

if you need anything else or help feel free to call me 0417 354 037

mark

NMD
29th May 2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info Mark.

markc
29th May 2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info Mark.

no problem

if you need info on this guy ring me or email me.
I have spent many hours searching for people to buy from even had people over there look around for me
keith from my factory was over there for a holiday well he spent most of it looking for pinballs
I am going over later this year again to search for more.

look some of them are great but others well
too many stories of lost or never arrived containers

bretty
29th May 2006, 10:37 PM
I have done some digging and have made a contact for importing pins from Europe.

Ive been sent a price for 21pins

price in euros

Any of the Sydney Crew interested?

I would be taking the AFM, RFM,TFTC
There is no AFM on the list.Im guessing you mean Addams Family.I would be interested in the Corvette but it all seems pretty risky going by what Mark said.

hamish_nz
30th May 2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks mark for your great post.

There is always a element of risk when buying anything from oversea.
I have been very lucky to have only been stung a few times.

Photos do really do much to take the risk out of it.
You really need to go and see the machines in person.

GEE
8th June 2006, 12:42 AM
I'll have that one, thanks. Must be twice as good as your average TZ ;-)

jeff
8th June 2006, 11:36 PM
There is no AFM on the list.Im guessing you mean Addams Family
im guessing its ATTACK FROM MARS hes after bretty :tomato

WOKA
15th June 2006, 05:03 PM
Any followup on this post..? I'd be interested in buying the AF pin..

W.

WOKA
15th June 2006, 05:04 PM
Also, a good friend of mine in Sydney is in the freight forwarding business (containers and lots of them).. If you want Hamish, I'll give him a call and get you guys to make contact..?

W.

hamish_nz
15th June 2006, 05:23 PM
Still working out details.

Got a shipping quotes, and they seam good.

NMD
15th June 2006, 05:28 PM
Good stuff Hamish, keep us posted and if you need any help give me a yell

Shock_And_Awe
15th June 2006, 05:46 PM
remember my order Hamish it was 2 x Cactus Canyons and a Medieval Madness - don't forget!

LOTR4U
15th June 2006, 07:20 PM
I'll take whatever as long as its cheap and playable ;P

bwodie
6th July 2006, 01:42 PM
yah i would be interested in a couple
TFTC
and twilight zone
maybe some of the others if earlier peeps took these
let us know whats goin on
no chance of getting photos of these machines ?

Ric
6th July 2006, 02:00 PM
hmmm

photo's? how can you tell any of them are genuine - i can send you a photo of a mint creatures and you get some trashed POS - it is the classic con

caveat emptor guys. 550 euro plus shipping for a working machine is a good deal however you need to be absolutely certain about what you are getting. 550 euro plas shipping for a trashed playfield and parts is not a good deal

I am as interested as the next person but need to be certain before i iwll be cutting my cheque

frs
6th July 2006, 02:05 PM
Or worse... 550 euro plus shipping for something that never arrives and possibly never existed in the first place

bwodie
6th July 2006, 02:34 PM
i'll make insurance buy me new machines lol

WOKA
6th July 2006, 03:04 PM
I suppose those that went to the 'huge auction' 2 weekends ago in Sydney know all about container pins..!

After the reports about the state of the pins and that most likely they were a container from Germany why would you import on hearsay and on spec..?

W.

bwodie
6th July 2006, 03:26 PM
what was the main problem with them
artwork smashed up or.. ?

Shock_And_Awe
6th July 2006, 04:05 PM
I understand that Hamish was contemplating a trip to Italy to check them out and watch them getting packed so that would rule out some of the issues you've been discussing.
It's all just too difficult to do this with 10 to 15 of us going in and who gets what and what if the 2 that someone ordered are not in as good condition as the others and the fact that someone has to put the money down up front and if everyone was to put the money down that would be a nightmare in itself to get it together within a timeframe. There's only so many sought after pinnies in a container so there will be some shit in there too so who's gonna put their hand up to wear the cost of them? If anyone was to be putting their money down and organise this, they would not be passed to everyone else for cost price due to the risks involved - just ask MarkC.
I'm not saying it definitely can't be done but these are all issues that we have discussed. It all sounds good to get a Twilight Zone for $2000 but it just aint a reality.

what was the main problem with them
artwork smashed up or.. ?

just read this thread
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=1534

hamish_nz
6th July 2006, 04:24 PM
You get what you pay for. A cheap pin is cheap because it needs work.
If your expectations are low you wont be disapointed.

I think the pins at the auction in sydney where the crap left over from
several containers

gunigoogoo
6th July 2006, 04:30 PM

I think the pins at the auction in sydney where the crap left over from
several containers
Just think about it guys. Do you really think the likes of Gaucho, Manfredini, CoinOp etc. overseas are going to let you have an A1 condition Twilight Zone for $2000 when they know very well they will get upwards of $4,000 on eBay???? For $2,000 you'll get a shit one and be very sorry for it as well. Cheers.

bwodie
6th July 2006, 04:33 PM
yah read through that shock.. was after some more specific detail i guess
i agree with that hamish, i payed 1200 for my t2
its missing the skull and hunter killer ship which i got for 60 each, a few qwuirky probs, and a little bit bashed up.. but nothing serious
fine to fix up :)
still, shock makes a good point about whos going to pay for the machines no one wants

and again, like pesce said.. ya gotta wonder what they are getting out of it besides off loading some serious lemons

NMD
6th July 2006, 04:53 PM
Exactly, im after some REASONABLY PRICED project games. Next meet we really need to talk more seriously about it.

hamish_nz
6th July 2006, 04:59 PM
There are a few specific games I want, TAF, AFM, TOM. But I dont want to pay. $3500+ each for them. I dont need a mint machine.

hamish_nz
6th July 2006, 05:09 PM
Here is a quote I got for the shipping.

The prices are in USD.

A flight to itlay is $1400. Which is only an extra $50-100 per machine.
Not a bad insurance policy.

bwodie
6th July 2006, 05:30 PM
im the same hamish
a few nicks or scratches is fine, as long as it aint rediculous
replacing bulbs, ramps etc.. no problem
i guess main thing is play field to be nice
i wouldnt have a prob paying an extra 50-100 per machine
whats gunna happen if u get there and a few of em are rat shit?
luck of the draw

NMD
6th July 2006, 05:36 PM
Another thing is, 10 people picking and choosing just wont work ? Will it ? Im all for people getting a reasonably priced pin but just curious to how it will work..

hamish_nz
6th July 2006, 05:49 PM
I dont have all the answers.
The details would need to be worked out by those involved.

catty
6th July 2006, 08:36 PM
Id be more interested in paying $50-100 for you to go to the states and bring back a big container load of cabs.:D

markc
6th July 2006, 08:47 PM
hamish

are you getting them from Itay or hong kong ??? as per your quote

mate need any help drop me a line but
can I stress

PLEASE FLY OVER AND CHECK THEM OUT

out off all my containers we have had 1 bad one from southern Europe lesson learnt I can tell you

if I can help with the seller let me know as I have spoken to most and can tell a few stories about most

mark

GEE
6th July 2006, 09:17 PM
Count me in for a SafeCracker in reasonable condition ... as long as someone physcially checks out the condition and ensures it goes in the container.

Mark C has a lot of experience with this, so worth checking the vendor's credentials with him, first.

LOTR4U
6th July 2006, 09:41 PM
Guys,

If anything eventuates there are NO garuntees only that someone is going to check out the pinnys etc.

cheers

easternpinman
10th July 2006, 06:48 AM
marcc

are you the guy which has buy a container from Serbia about a year ago ?

The Pinny Parlour
10th July 2006, 07:40 AM
marcc

I was just thinking about you the other day, and wondering if you where going to come back and contribute as apposed to the reason why you joined initially. Glad your at least back here, contributing.

markc
10th July 2006, 10:04 AM
marcc

not me

markc
27th July 2006, 03:37 PM
Hamish

have you recieved another email from them yet with a new list of 29 and 6 for parts ?? seems some of the prices have gone up.

mark

he has offered the new lot to a few here in melbourne searching off ebay
myself , mr pinball and others i am told

hamish_nz
27th July 2006, 04:04 PM
Got the email

I am looking at buying an addams from a different source.

markc
27th July 2006, 04:11 PM
did you get a new set of prices too ?

mark

gunigoogoo
27th July 2006, 04:24 PM
Hamish

have you recieved another email from them yet with a new list of 29 and 6 for parts ?? seems some of the prices have gone up.

mark

he has offered the new lot to a few here in melbourne searching off ebay
myself , mr pinball and others i am told

Is this the email from Jonathan at Clarck Entertainment?

NMD
27th July 2006, 04:32 PM
Gaetano Manfredini Amusements & Gaming

gunigoogoo
27th July 2006, 04:40 PM
Gaetano Manfredini Amusements & Gaming
Yeah, got that one too.

markc
27th July 2006, 10:13 PM
Jonathan sent one too
they are all doing the rounds

check other chats sites about both

you would need to fly there and watch them both being loaded from what I am told........

bwodie
31st July 2006, 01:55 PM
interesting on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290013660377&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

"We ship for 595$AUD to any International Airport in Australia and NZ including safe shipping crate,fumigation if necessary and documents.Game is subject to GST & Custom clearance upon arrival in Australia please inquire if you need more information."

markc
31st July 2006, 02:01 PM
interesting on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290013660377&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

"We ship for 595$AUD to any International Airport in Australia and NZ including safe shipping crate,fumigation if necessary and documents.Game is subject to GST & Custom clearance upon arrival in Australia please inquire if you need more information."

Paul and Heldge

they are great guys I have dealt with them before

make sure if you buy from them ask then to put down personal effects and then there is no GST

any more info needed email me

mark

WOKA
31st July 2006, 02:04 PM
He's had this machine up on Ebay a few times before, sometimes even on Ebay.com, I recall first seeing this machine about 8 months ago. From his earlier feedback he has successfully shipped Pins to Canada. His freight to "Australian Airport" has also increased $100.00, but still seems quite reasonable. Shame he can't spend a few extra Ebay dollars and include so decent quality and size pics.

W.

markc
31st July 2006, 02:15 PM
He's had this machine up on Ebay a few times before, sometimes even on Ebay.com, I recall first seeing this machine about 8 months ago. From his earlier feedback he has successfully shipped Pins to Canada. His freight to "Australian Airport" has also increased $100.00, but still seems quite reasonable. Shame he can't spend a few extra Ebay dollars and include so decent quality and size pics.

W.

he used to charge $395.00 and give 20% off if you buy 2

mark