PDA

View Full Version : arcadevga mame power and video

laurens
2nd May 2008, 02:26 PM
Hi, I'm new to the site, just got an old jamma cab not long ago and I basically want to convert it to mame but not necessarily use it for games, sounds weird huh? it's an art project...

I want to know how well arcadevga plays videos through arcade monitors? Can you get good res? (this would also depend on the video format etc.) or can the same thing be achieved with the powerstrip software.

Also another question, my jamma cabinet came with a dinosaur linear power supply in it, I've just ordered switching one but I wanted to know how a computer power supply connects to the power, do you just run it off the ac distribution block? (I am yet to get) or do you need to put a multiplug adapter inside the cabinet and do it that way? I imagine you couldn't really modify a computer power supply to run off the switching dc.

Let me know if my concepts are bit skewed but I am pretty new to whole thing.

Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, and I'm NZ :rolleyes I would be keen to share thoughts/parts/techniques with anyone from here. As I have had a hard time even just getting a good jamma cab in these parts (Christchurch).

Oh and please and stop turning out the lights:lol, I can't see inside my cabinet!

felixthadog
2nd May 2008, 03:06 PM
Hi :033: and :welcome: to the forum!

Matthew