PDA

View Full Version : jamma console

TurboTom
25th May 2006, 06:15 PM
Here's my favourite home console, a jamma supergun which I mated with a Battlestation II controller. These monster joysticks where made here on the Gold Coast by MultiCoin Australia and use MCA sticks and buttons. Apart from having a direct pinout its also compatible with NES, Super NES, Sega Mega Drive, Master System, Commodore 64/Amiga and Atari computers.:D

snippy
26th May 2006, 12:10 PM
That's cool!

Nice sf2 board too :)

Snippy

elvis
26th May 2006, 01:45 PM
Ahh, the mighty battlestation. That brings back memories.

Over on shmups.com they had a great writeup in their hardware forums on how to hack a busted Playstation (or other console) and use the onboard RGB->s-video encoder to make a cheap supergun.

Commercial encoders can cost upwards of $100. So buying a busted PSX off eBay for $10 makes for a damned nice budget SuperGun! :D

Adeptus
24th July 2006, 12:08 PM
I've picked up a couple BattleStations, intending to convert them to other uses but haven't gotten around to it yet :redface
Direct pinout... that 25-pin plug? I had a quick look at the PCB & thought it wasn't connected... don't suppose you have the pinout for it? :D
I can dig up the pinout I worked out for the internal ribbon cable if you like...

I also picked up a "N-PAL Convertor" - an external box that converts PSX/PS2 RGB signals to composite & S-Video (I believe it uses the same chip as is inside the PSX). I'm intending to make a cheap supergun... one of these days... then seeing if I can get my MK board to sync on one of my TVs... I've heard this game can cause problems in that area :(