PDA

View Full Version : Future backglass prints to be done

Darksoul
25th May 2006, 04:48 PM
I am amased at the interest and number of requests I've had for printing this or that particular backglass.

Though I would love to assist the masses, my time is limited.
Any future backglasses I print will be those where I own the machine.
If you are not aware, I've already done two, Pinball Pool and Superman:

http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/pinball/bgscan.html

For a three layer print (which is the way to go) it would cost about $200AU. you have to consider if you can pick up a seconds or NOS one for less, even if imported from the USA (I doubt it in most cases).

My future projects will include (if I obtain the machines I'm currently negotiating for):

Sinbad
Star Trek (1978)
Flash Gordon
Xenon (may or may not be a difficult task)

If you are interested in the last 3, let me know.

humpalot
25th May 2006, 05:02 PM
OK then, perhaps you might share your knowledge. I've seen your web site but I'm still a little confused. Who did your printing? What file format do they require the image to be in (did you keep it in TIFF)? What exactly do you ask the print place to do? Sorry about the noob questions :D

Darksoul
25th May 2006, 11:41 PM
Signarama did the printing.

The color file is kept in TIFF format....big at about 170MB.

The chrome and translucent layer are done with Photoshop CS2, all outlines vectorised for ease of plotter cutting.

I gave them my old glass, the files, a new piece of glass and said "See that old glass, I want you to print a new one, layers are X, Y and Z, in that order. Go to it!" :D

humpalot
26th May 2006, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the info :D

thejudge
28th July 2017, 07:54 PM
I am amased at the interest and number of requests I've had for printing this or that particular backglass.

Though I would love to assist the masses, my time is limited.
Any future backglasses I print will be those where I own the machine.
If you are not aware, I've already done two, Pinball Pool and Superman:

For a three layer print (which is the way to go) it would cost about $200AU. you have to consider if you can pick up a seconds or NOS one for less, even if imported from the USA (I doubt it in most cases).

I have been looking for a Pinball Pool back glass, if this offer is available, I would interested, although the price might have gone up a bit in 11 years :)

Autosteve
28th July 2017, 08:24 PM
I have been looking for a Pinball Pool back glass, if this offer is available, I would interested, although the price might have gone up a bit in 11 years :)

Yes that would be good. I'd like to play that machine when it is done.;)

BIG Trev
29th July 2017, 06:52 AM
What version of the Star Trek backglass will you be doing?
Movie or TV show?
Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk