PDA

View Full Version : Help with backglass

humpalot
24th May 2006, 02:48 PM
I've had a look around my local print shops and no here can help me. I want to get the backglass image of Lost World reprinted so I can replace mine. Can anyone suggest a quality print place and what would be the best medium have it printed on.

Ric
24th May 2006, 02:51 PM
which lost word do you have?

Escape from Lost World the backglass (bally) or is it a Translite - like Jurass Park Lost world?

humpalot
24th May 2006, 02:54 PM
Opps sorry it's the 1978 Bally Lost World.

Ric
24th May 2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for that

two questions:

How bad is the current glass? - if not too bad, I would recommend sealing it with triple thick and keepin git for now

Do you want to sell the game ever? - if you do, a repalcmeent glass will not help value (although you can always put back the old glass)

To get printing on lightbox acrylic, I have previously been quoted between $170 - $250 by kinkos (not the best place I know but I was checking out prices)

Personally I woud look to find another in the US or Aust - there are still some BG stocks around, you just need to do some digging.

It will look better and increase the game value and I would say the difference between getting a replacement and making up a new one will be around $100

Ric

humpalot
24th May 2006, 03:25 PM
Sealing is not an option as there is basically nothing left to seal. Translite material must be available in OZ as bumper sell repro's all the time, I just need to find out who does them and I'd like to keep this pin.

Wotto
24th May 2006, 03:31 PM
Why not ask Darksoul - see what he has done?
http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/pinball/bgscan.html

:D

hamish_nz
24th May 2006, 05:33 PM
nice site. The repro's look good.

But I agree look for an original first.

garuda
24th May 2006, 07:12 PM
I asked Darksoul about his Superman glass. He got it printed at Signorama. They print directly onto glass in 3 layers for about $150. The process sounds awesome.

Wotto
24th May 2006, 07:30 PM
Man- those Signarama guys vary wildly !! I got quoted by Signarama at Miranda in NSW $85.00 just for an overlay sticker for my Bally paragon apron, yet he can get a 3 layer backglass printed for $150.00 !!

Man - they must see me comin hey !:lol