PDA

View Full Version : Pc to Tv ?

Gehirn
15th April 2008, 11:40 AM
Hi , just wondering if anyone could help me out with what to use to show the pc display on a tv and where and how much one of these will be ?
Thanks

Brootal
15th April 2008, 11:58 AM
some graphics cards have TV out, get one of these and it's usually as straight forward as plugging in the SVideo cable.

huds
18th April 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi.

I have a GForce2 MX440 AGP. It runs all my roms with no problem. i have TV out via SVideo. It needs some fine tuning, but NVidia have a pretty cool tool for tuning the card to mst TV's.

I bought the card from my local computer store/internet cafe. second hand it cost my $20

AskJacob
18th April 2008, 08:45 AM
Or, you can get your hands on an

XpertVision GF FX5500 AGP 256MB 128-bit DDR, DVI, TV-Out, Fan, 270MHz Core Clock

for $44 new.

I just did yesterday. I still can't believe a 256mb vid card is under $50... I remember paying $100+ for an S3 trio v64 with 4mb.... Don't get me started on my $360 3dfx voodoo1 :)

Shop around, they are still common out there, prices seemed to be $41-$47. I picked mine up from

http://www.bigbencomputers.com.au/viewcat.php?cid=512

I have bought a few things from them in the past, but just small ticket items.

Haven't tried the TV out yet, but the nvidia stuff is meant to be OK. It is S-Video in case you were wondering. Also has a 'normal' vga socket and a DVI one.

Cheers