PDA

View Full Version : Fitting T moulding

jockdownunder
9th April 2008, 10:21 PM
Everythings in place now for me to complete my control panel,I'm hoping to have the finished article done over the weekend.

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on fitting my T moulding.My groove is cut,and I have two right angled corners to get the moulding into.Whats the best way to get the moulding to hug the corner ? I was considering heating it just a bit to let it bend more,but I thought I would ask you guys first .

shooter
9th April 2008, 11:10 PM
pics :)

GEMINI
10th April 2008, 07:28 AM
take a vee out of the prong at the bak of the tmould and it should go round easier

spacies
10th April 2008, 07:33 AM
Yeah, if its a tight corner a vee needs to be notched out of the barb. Don't use heat on sharp corners because it won't hold.

Good luck!

RetroGame
10th April 2008, 08:36 AM
If you are using coloured T-molding then a little heat will help prevent white streaks when it is bent at sharp angles. Other than that cut a V shaped notch in the spine so that it doesn't fold on the coners.

jockdownunder
10th April 2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the tips.I will go for the vee method for sure,also thinking of sitting it in boiling water before applying to make it more flexible.

Will wood glue do for adhesive in the groove ?

GEMINI
10th April 2008, 05:32 PM
that or contact adhesive

RetroGame
10th April 2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the tips.I will go for the vee method for sure,also thinking of sitting it in boiling water before applying to make it more flexible.

Will wood glue do for adhesive in the groove ?

You shouldn't need any adhesive, its held in place by the ribs in the spine.

OzStick
11th April 2008, 03:57 PM
I really do need to do that "tutorial", don't I?

dezbaz
11th April 2008, 05:41 PM
I really do need to do that "tutorial", don't I?

Yes , what a good idea Chris, do you mean like a video to watch?