View Full Version : Need help sourcing a part 'Damper & Modulation Diode'

Mickey Juice
7th April 2008, 03:06 PM
Hey all,

My TV has blown up and the tech guy can't source a required part... It will cost me more $$$ if he does a mod on it, so can anyone help?

Here's the data sheet:



(Modulation + Damper) diode designed for horizontal deflection circuits in C-TVs & monitors


7th April 2008, 03:09 PM
try WES also known as Wagner Electronics in Sydney


they have a heap of older TV and VCR related products inclduing components - not always the cheapest but have a huge range much bigger than Jaycar and co

Mickey Juice
7th April 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks. I'll have a look.

7th April 2008, 03:18 PM
yeah, you will need to call them though, their website has been terrible for years...

So many lost sales because of that!!

here is another place that tends to have some hard to get parts, but the website is a bit weird to navigate: http://www.rockby.com.au/

Mickey Juice
8th April 2008, 09:23 AM
No luck so far :(
I've found it on a few foreign sites, but they have minimum prices eg $250, $100 etc

Mickey Juice
10th April 2008, 03:30 PM
hmm, I've had no luck in sourcing this part...
Anyone know any places / forums I could ask? OCAU ?

I'm getting the TV back from the tech... from then on I don't know what to do... try and fix it? buy a new TV? I'm reluctant to upgrade to a plasma/LCD etc

Mickey Juice
10th April 2008, 04:09 PM
Found it!!!

Mouser Electronics in the US

They're one of the few websites I found that let you order 1 part.
I found the link in the electronics section in the OCAU forums.

10th April 2008, 04:11 PM
If it's a sony or hitachi, try speedyspares, but you'll need model no. and part no.

10th April 2008, 04:15 PM
mouser has a great range - recommended by Clay Harrell on his site

10th April 2008, 04:23 PM
Glad you found it.

Hate the parts chase. Been there many a time, and never enjoyed it...