PDA

View Full Version : WHITE WATER need some opinions ?

ANT68
3rd April 2008, 07:30 AM
Hi Genttlemen ,read revues on WW ,Don't know much about this particular Pin,except that in some forums it's rated in the top 10.If this is the case it seems to be good value for money (and not inflated)
What's the going price ?
Is it good game play ?

bwodie
3rd April 2008, 07:39 AM
do a search on wh20 and whitewater
will get heaps

felixthadog
3rd April 2008, 07:41 AM
Awesome game, IMO. I was going to buy one as my first pin but couldn't find one in good condition at the time, however I would gladly put one in my games room and play it to death. However, when considered alongside all the other DMD pins, I probably wouldn't rate it in the Top Ten best pins of all time. But that is just my opinion.

Matthew

Gav
3rd April 2008, 08:13 AM
Hi Genttlemen ,read revues on WW ,Don't know much about this particular Pin,except that in some forums it's rated in the top 10.If this is the case it seems to be good value for money (and not inflated)
What's the going price ?
Is it good game play ?

How you found a good one 4 sale? If so; no you won't like it, you'll hate it , it really sucks. Oh and can I have the contact details for the seller.;)

con
3rd April 2008, 08:49 AM
WW kind of plays like a williams system 11 pin. Not bad but i generally get bored after 3 or 4 games...

Probably a good pin to accompany a collection

ktm450
3rd April 2008, 11:32 AM
I may be biased because I own one, but I consider this to be one of the best pins ever made, it is fun for friends and family to happily bash the ball around, but has a very deep ruleset (17 A4 pages) that will keep the wizard inside you entertained.

A lot of people have called it the thinking mans pin as you have to decide when to collect awards and when to stack them for more points.

The Vaction Jackpot is the coolest award ever programed into a pin and is seriously difficult to obtain.

When looking for a second hand WW pay particular attention to the topper. As this has the awsome effect of a flowing waterfall, but often they have been removed or are damaged (impossible to replace) Also wear from the lost mine kickout.

I run the LH-6 Home ROM for some cool lighting effects and a few other fixes.

You cant go wrong with this pin if you get a tidy one at the right price!

What about those ramps!!:cool:

Nug
3rd April 2008, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=con;146825]WW kind of plays like a williams system 11 pin. Not bad but i generally get bored after 3 or 4 games...

with the software as released and even moreso with the home version this statement could not be further from the truth- DEEP game, only got vaction jackpot lastweek, had game for 4 years ?!

system 11 my ass :D

Gav
3rd April 2008, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=con;146825]WW kind of plays like a williams system 11 pin. Not bad but i generally get bored after 3 or 4 games...

with the software as released and even moreso with the home version this statement could not be further from the truth- DEEP game, only got vaction jackpot lastweek, had game for 4 years ?!

system 11 my ass :D

4 years is a long time. might be time to move it on mate;)

GEE
3rd April 2008, 12:25 PM
I've played about a dozen games on one, but it's never really appealed to me.

Something to do with the theme, and that naff yeti toy/diverter.

I like deep rulesets though, so perhaps I am underestimating it gameplay wise.

ANT68
3rd April 2008, 12:57 PM
I may be biased because I own one, but I consider this to be one of the best pins ever made, it is fun for friends and family to happily bash the ball around, but has a very deep ruleset (17 A4 pages) that will keep the wizard inside you entertained.

A lot of people have called it the thinking mans pin as you have to decide when to collect awards and when to stack them for more points.

The Vaction Jackpot is the coolest award ever programed into a pin and is seriously difficult to obtain.

When looking for a second hand WW pay particular attention to the topper. As this has the awsome effect of a flowing waterfall, but often they have been removed or are damaged (impossible to replace) Also wear from the lost mine kickout.

I run the LH-6 Home ROM for some cool lighting effects and a few other fixes.

You cant go wrong with this pin if you get a tidy one at the right price!

What about those ramps!!:cool:

Thanks for the info ,what sort of money would buy a decent unit?

ktm450
3rd April 2008, 01:55 PM
You should get a good pin for around to $3000 mark depending on condition. As i said, make sure it has it's topper as you will not be able to find one!

ANT68
3rd April 2008, 07:12 PM
You should get a good pin for around to $3000 mark depending on condition. As i said, make sure it has it's topper as you will not be able to find one!

Great advice thanks heaps .Would say it's better then FT?

DevoDave
3rd April 2008, 07:17 PM
I think FT is a better pin, but that is only my opinion. I find FishTales more challenging, as I struggle to avoid the side drains.

Love the videomode on FT too.

(And as far as the topper for WH20 goes.. pester Wayne to make one. With his fancy new vacuum forming plant it should be a doddle. Note that the topper for WH20 is only a decal in a plastic case, so it's not *THAT* impressive. Further note... the topper case for WH20 is the same as FT.... just that FT has a fish in it!)

ktm450
3rd April 2008, 07:45 PM
That is the great thing about this hobby everyone has different opinions. The best way to work out what game suit you is to play them both. I think you will find WW more challenging and will keep your intrest longer. FT does not have a wizard mode and does not keep my intrest, hit one loop then the other lock a few balls then do it over. But that is only my opinion. The topper on WW is great if working correctly it 'topps' off a fantastic machine! In the end it is up to you. Have fun and play a lot of machines before parting with your money.

pinnies4me
3rd April 2008, 08:55 PM

$3K will buy the best out there - regularly find a nice example just over $2K, although those might be drying up as people discover this gem.

WW kind of plays like a williams system 11 pin. Not bad but i generally get bored after 3 or 4 games...

Probably a good pin to accompany a collection

Maybe you haven't played a nicely set up one? Or maybe the theme doesn't do it for you. Who knows, but as a player, Wh20 is up there with the best WPC and is miles ahead of the best sys 11, plays nothing like them imo.

Arcade King
3rd April 2008, 08:58 PM
That is the great thing about this hobby everyone has different opinions. The best way to work out what game suit you is to play them both.

Too true, Only playing the game can one decide what game is right for them.

stuba
3rd April 2008, 08:58 PM
great game, can't miss, it seems to be moving up the charts with a bullet as well. 2-3k for a good one. i have a shit one thats becoming a great one - much yet to do tho.

ANT68
7th April 2008, 06:28 AM
That is the great thing about this hobby everyone has different opinions. The best way to work out what game suit you is to play them both. I think you will find WW more challenging and will keep your intrest longer. FT does not have a wizard mode and does not keep my intrest, hit one loop then the other lock a few balls then do it over. But that is only my opinion. The topper on WW is great if working correctly it 'topps' off a fantastic machine! In the end it is up to you. Have fun and play a lot of machines before parting with your money.

If think your on "the money" regarding the topper,finding a good example locally maybe be a challenge ,
Thanks for the help and advice :039:

ktm450
7th April 2008, 11:18 AM
One last post regarding the topper, most examples by now will have some bubbling of the embossed foil DO NOT EVER try to fix the foil, I have heard some horror stories of people trying to get the bubble out and cracking away the foil wrecking the whole topper:090:
Good luck on your search!

stuba
7th April 2008, 12:07 PM
it may offend the purists but the one i bought didn't have a topper - it had the board and lights - none of which was working but I bought the topper dome and then printed the marquee. I just need to make a curved plastic sheet to stick the marquee (printed on sticky vinyl). I think it will look ok (would obvioulsy prefer the orginal) but it was impossible to find. I did find and bought the marquee with the cutouts for the foil so maybe will mess around with this as well and see what i can do down the track. worst comes to worst i'll get a colour lcd panel in there and run a video of niagra falls.....

they are a fun machine to shop out as new ramps and cosmetics really bring them back, will post pictures when i'm done but got a while to go yet and still unable to find a a new waterfall ramp(greg?)

LOTR4U
7th April 2008, 12:55 PM
shit game don't buy ;)

ktm450
7th April 2008, 01:31 PM
it may offend the purists but the one i bought didn't have a topper - it had the board and lights - none of which was working but I bought the topper dome and then printed the marquee. I just need to make a curved plastic sheet to stick the marquee (printed on sticky vinyl). I think it will look ok (would obvioulsy prefer the orginal) but it was impossible to find. I did find and bought the marquee with the cutouts for the foil so maybe will mess around with this as well and see what i can do down the track. worst comes to worst i'll get a colour lcd panel in there and run a video of niagra falls.....

they are a fun machine to shop out as new ramps and cosmetics really bring them back, will post pictures when i'm done but got a while to go yet and still unable to find a a new waterfall ramp(greg?)

Would love to see pics when you are done, I need to shop mine out soon, when I get time (2yr old son and 8wk old twin boys:sleep)

The board for the topper is quite easy to fault-find, usually the transistors have gone, unless some dickhead doesn't bother changing one and just installs a jumper lead off another light up on the boards that hold the globes:x other than transistors, ic's can be replaced, but all very straight forward.

Stubba maybe you could go for the polar motion set-up they were originally toying around with! That would be cool!! :cool:

Strydr
7th April 2008, 06:48 PM
For those interested. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380013783411&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=025

pinball-collector
7th April 2008, 07:44 PM
ln regards to WW l have one,,but have't made up my mind on the machine,,unsure if l like it or not, still unsure about the game play,have to spend the time to work it out,, its in storage at the moment.