PDA

View Full Version : Amusement machine auction in SA

Shock_And_Awe
16th May 2006, 07:10 PM
on this Sunday in SA.....sounds interesting
http://www.amusementworx.com.au/auction.htm

rottenpig
16th May 2006, 08:05 PM
there's already a thread about this, has a fair few replies too.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=1270

Shock_And_Awe
16th May 2006, 09:17 PM
ooops, thanks for that Rottenpig:)

rottenpig
16th May 2006, 09:19 PM
it's alllllllll good! looks like a few people are going but not really interested in buying their overpriced stuff.

Dan
17th May 2006, 01:20 PM
There are a few pics posted on the web site now, "untested" neo geo four slot pcbs! :rolleyes . I'll still go for a look.

gunigoogoo
19th May 2006, 08:50 AM
Went to have a look last night. All I can say is - be careful!. Lots of crap with a smattering of good stuff. I don't know how they can say some of that stuff is working on their catalogue. Their reputation is really on the line I reckon. When they say working, for most machines that means they turn on and play just OK. Most I played had totally clapped out flippers and poppers, playfields filthy and worn. Too many machines listed on the catalogue as "WORKING" had obvious faults. Eg. One Bally World Cup would not kick the ball out of the goal trough. The Twilight Zone would die as you started playing it (they do list a fault on it but something to do with the clock. Don't know if it would cause the machine to die but). Many others were just not up to scratch. Plus, you have to add 15% to the final auction price (5% buyers premium + 10% GST). Do the math - be careful. Didn't help either that most machines were not setup properly. I.e. front of the machine was too high so the playfield was extremely slow. I thought "No Fear" was meant to be one of the quickest games going around? I fell asleep playing it. I suppose it doesn't help either when the balls are almost black and tarnished instead of silver. In a word - DISSAPOINTING. Might go for an hour or so on Sunday just for a good laugh. Some of the arcade cabinet stuff seemed OK though. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

NMD
20th May 2006, 03:40 PM
Hopefully the auction results will get posted somewhere, should be interesting. Is anyone planning on attending ?