PDA

View Full Version : MAMEWAH not working with Vista

Johno
18th March 2008, 10:20 AM
Hi,

i tried to set up mamewah on a friends computer last night which is running Windows Vista but I couldn't get it to work. It asked for the system files from the mamewah website to be installed, so I installed them but it still din't work and kept asking for the system files. Is there an issue with Mamewah working with vista?? I installed it on their second PC that had XP and it worked fine??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

felixthadog
18th March 2008, 10:35 AM
It doesn't look like MameWah works on Vista ..... yet :(

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=101592&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Matthew

Professor Frink
20th March 2008, 08:21 AM
I tried MAME 32 Ver. 36 and 82....on my Nephews New laptop which has Vista....It did not like it. Sat there like a shag on a rock....

intigod
20th March 2008, 12:00 PM
one word..... tinyxp

SectionZ
20th March 2008, 06:20 PM
You may need to check 'run as admin' & or Xp compatability mode ?

@lien_Zed
20th March 2008, 07:01 PM
Hi,

i tried to set up mamewah on a friends computer last night which is running Windows Vista but I couldn't get it to work.

Mate, dont stress.

vista is great at talking s/w that works every where else and making it not work.

had a great one today. at a customers site and they were using vista sp1 and tried to run a .exe file that makes a boot floppy for me to edit it with and ...

presto

vista kicks in and says it is a non executable file.

crap!!
works on xp!
bloody vista

Johno
26th April 2008, 01:06 AM
i now have mamewah working like a treat with vista. if anybody wants to get it working i'm happy to talk them through it! i love mamewah. it is the best frontend ever i think!! I have mame, daphne, nes, snes, master system, megadrive and sk jukebox all working under mamewah on vista!