PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Getting A Xbox 360? I Want 1 To!

CampKrusty
12th November 2005, 07:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone has aussie contact or is getting the xbox 360 on 1st shipment. I'm a console junkie and just gotta have 1 for christmas. I'm getting desperate and may siff thru ebay and try and score 1 from a seller hopefully on aust ebay. :lol

Arcade King
12th November 2005, 07:26 AM
Nah got sick of consoles after the DC. I stick to PC games now.

MadMikeAU
12th November 2005, 08:43 AM
One thing I cant figure out....

WTF is the attraction of post-1995 consoles? As soon as consoles got 3D hardware, they've steadily became mini PCs with analogue controls. :unsure

The graphics are low res and blurry (because TVs are designed to blur pixels). The games are monopolised by the console marker and 'designed' by their relevant marketing departments to maximise sales. Which minimises variety.

You have to replace the whole system every couple of years. Sure you have to upgrade work PCs bit by bit, but at least you can still play your old games.

And last but not least is price...it used to be that a console cost 10% of a PC, now they are about the same price.

In short, post 1995 console = PC eunuch

CampKrusty
12th November 2005, 10:30 AM
One thing I cant figure out....
WTF is the attraction of post-1995 consoles? As soon as consoles got 3D hardware, they've steadily became mini PCs with analogue controls. :unsure
The graphics are low res and blurry (because TVs are designed to blur pixels). The games are monopolised by the console marker and 'designed' by their relevant marketing departments to maximise sales. Which minimises variety.
You have to replace the whole system every couple of years. Sure you have to upgrade work PCs bit by bit, but at least you can still play your old games.
And last but not least is price...it used to be that a console cost 10% of a PC, now they are about the same price.
In short, post 1995 console = PC eunuch
Lets see, my xbox which cost me $400 (plugged into my plasma) with over 8000 games...Never breaks down, mmm i wonder. For gaming online,downloads,games only on console, i rather a modded xbox than pc anyday. Not saying for everyone just most of us console gamers..
:D

MadMikeAU
12th November 2005, 10:55 AM
Lets see, my xbox which cost me $400 (plugged into my plasma) with over 8000 games...Never breaks down, mmm i wonder. For gaming online,downloads,games only on console, i rather a modded xbox than pc anyday. Not saying for everyone just most of us console gamers..
:D

...and before that you owned a ??? and before that a ???, etc.

My PC (AMD Athlon64 2800+, 1GB RAM, nVidia5700) cost about $400-500 for me to build and I can still play all my old games. Only now they are better. And when I upgrade my video card in 6-12 months, I will still be able to play them.

Consoles are always about the "Next gen" while PCs are still the first gen only evolved and always improving.

But, meh!

PS: Completely off topic, but my office where I work (when I go into the office) is in the Microsoft Building. The XBox guys have the office right next to ours.

PPS: XBox + "never breaks down" = LMAO. Ever hear of a PC product recall ? HAHAHA :lol :badgrin :D

CampKrusty
12th November 2005, 10:59 AM
Anyway i'm not here to argue and this is the console section incase you didn't know. :rolleyes

Arcade King
12th November 2005, 11:02 AM
Bitch fight Bitch Fight go go go.

MadMikeAU
12th November 2005, 12:15 PM
Anyway i'm not here to argue and this is the console section incase you didn't know. :rolleyes

OK Fair enough.

To get back on topic...Anyone getting a Xbox360? Not me :)

360heelflip
12th November 2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I will have one when released in the US in a little over a week. I've pre-orderd one through Dvdboxoffice. They only take VISA for the xbox 360 though. You can also order from www.burn.com.au, they are a local importer
here in Brisbane. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives :)

sairuk
13th November 2005, 12:40 PM
not getting a 360 until the price is reasonable, more than enough games in the world until the price comes down to <$100, and then i wont be forced to shell out $90+ for one title, maybe $5-$10

The Pinny Parlour
13th November 2005, 01:05 PM
I'm not a huge console user at all, in fact, I don't own any of the popular ones. I am seriously thinking though that I will get a Nintendo Revolution when it comes out, it looks great and I'm sure Nintendos inovation will help it along. :059:

Berty
13th November 2005, 07:13 PM
I just saw the video from this years TGS and i have to say that the 360 looks like poo compared to the PS3.

1) I AM NOT A FANBOY
2) I REALLY DISLIKE $ONY

But i dont think that it represents any major leap in gaming. Ill probably get it when RE5 comes out though and then sell it for a PS3:evil

CampKrusty
13th November 2005, 09:17 PM
I'm not a huge console user at all, in fact, I don't own any of the popular ones. I am seriously thinking though that I will get a Nintendo Revolution when it comes out, it looks great and I'm sure Nintendos inovation will help it along. :059:
Just hope it's better than the cube effort...

sairuk
14th November 2005, 10:26 AM
Just hope it's better than the cube effort...

I'm actually enjoying my cube atm, never really cared for nintendo consoles before now. RE4 is probably the only reason for my current interest, need to investigate some other titles after completing it.

the ps3 controller is incredibly ugly, x360 controller looks nice in the pics and the rev ... well, i'm going to have to try it i guess.

Berty
14th November 2005, 10:39 AM
Out of all my current gen consoles, i probably have the most cube games (45 at one stage) cube is worth the $99 price tag atm. Especially for the Metroid Prime games and RE

Arcade King
14th November 2005, 11:02 AM
Yes My Bro has a game cube and I have to say its the most underated console but just like the Dreamcast thats mostly due to brand name fanboi syndrome.

Berty
14th November 2005, 12:31 PM
Speaking of Dreamcast, has anybody seen the article here about the xbx360...

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154&did=1

CampKrusty
14th November 2005, 06:10 PM
Sorry to say but the games on the cube are quite sucky....Games on the xbox blow cube games away. :badgrin

Stevo
14th November 2005, 06:21 PM
Sorry to say but the games on the cube are quite sucky....Games on the xbox blow cube games away. :badgrin

I take it you havent played Resident Evil 4 or Metroid Prime then

sairuk
14th November 2005, 06:48 PM
I take it you havent played Resident Evil 4

i'll second tha. drifting well and truely OT again folks ;)

CampKrusty
15th November 2005, 02:19 PM
I take it you havent played Resident Evil 4 or Metroid Prime then
Hey not saying there not a handful of good games on the cube, just seems more of a kiddie cube to me...
:cool:

Family Guy
16th November 2005, 08:35 AM
not getting a 360 until the price is reasonable, more than enough games in the world until the price comes down to <$100, and then i wont be forced to shell out $90+ for one title, maybe $5-$10

I agree totally, i feel ripped off paying anymore then $20 for a game. No doubt i will own one, but probably not for another 3 years or something.

That article on dreamcast vs 360 is really interesting. Although alot of the parallels could be drawn with any new system release. Dreamcast is definately the most underated console of all time.

Berty
16th November 2005, 09:14 AM
i still buy the new release dc games (yes there are new release dc games!) This year i got Trizeal and Chaos Field. I also had Border Down LE, but i sold it before the price went through the roof :x

CampKrusty
16th December 2005, 03:47 PM
So did anyone get a 360 xbox????

Viper
16th December 2005, 04:48 PM
Had a look at one in-store yesterday. Wasn't that impressed. But then I haven't been overly impressed by any console in the last few years. Last one I bought new was a PSx and gave that away a couple of years ago.

elvis
17th December 2005, 12:30 AM
To get back on topic...Anyone getting a Xbox360? Not me :)

Not me. I only buy consoles when they hit reasonable prices.

I'm waiting for PS2's to come down in price once the PS3's arrive, so I can play Mushihime Sama at home.

Neither XBox nor XBox360 have a single game I could consider "fun" in their entire library! I have a MAME cabinet and am building a separate HTPC, so it wouldn't even be useful as a modded unit for me. Total waste of money in my house.

I'm off to hug my Dreamcast...

Berty
19th December 2005, 09:50 AM
I had an xbox for a little while, but the only game that i played on it was House of the Dead 3 and Outrun 2.

I have since sold the console, but becuase i cant seem to find ANY arcades with outrun 2 or the better "sp" version, then im tempted to go out and get the xbox again.... well that is when i get cashed up again. :cry

Viper
19th December 2005, 11:56 AM
I'm the same way with the PS2. I came so close to getting it when GT4 came out but just couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash. The only games I ever played on my PSx were driving games too and even though there's plenty of games in that genre for PS2 I still can't do it.

elvis
21st December 2005, 03:52 PM
Speaking of Dreamcast, has anybody seen the article here about the xbx360...

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154&did=1

Yeah, I read that. Very interesting, especially considering the absolutely shitty reception the xbox360 has had in Japan. Despite being the cheapest anywhere in the world sales have been shite.

I wonder how profetic that 1up article will be. Microsoft were in the red from the original XBox. I wonder if the next one will make them money, or if they'll flop like a comatose whale?

AsH_
22nd September 2006, 11:38 PM
its an awesome console... i love the graphics...

Savage
23rd September 2006, 06:43 AM
If I could afford it I'd get one. I love my Modded Xbox, I use it worelessly as a Media Centre...IF it could record via the xbox that would have been great..

stu
30th September 2006, 10:37 AM
I got an xbox 360...got it soft modded also......such bad luck for MS this time around that their flagship console was so easily broken into and so early in the piece.......doesnt even need a modchip... i even did my own which is saying something about how simple it is because i wont touch electronics.

And alot of people say that there isnt going to be alot of people doing the dvd mod because it doesnt allow homerew usage only the playing of ripped games......i say bullshit to them. MS would have been better off if they had just broken it to run homebrew but still couldnt run games on it as thats where their money comes from.

Anyways though i do like the 360. The game titles so far to me are not the best, 99 nights was good fun (in an arcade sort of way)..and basically im waiting for all the crazy RPG games. I much prefer to play a game on pc also as i do have pretty much latest greatest pc hardware and games look alot better @ 1920x1200 on PC 24"LCD than they do at 720p or 10801 on a 37" LCD TV. But there is just something that i still like about the simplicity of alot of the games on the consoles...i do like the complex games but sometimes i just like to throw on a game and just start playing it...no lengthy tutorial on how to play etc etc.

I had an xbox1 system and still do....this thing will stay in my lounge forever, 200gig hdd, all my fighting games on there(ported to xbox kof, GG etc), full SNES, NES, GENISIS, MAME(v81 or something) rom sets, Scumm games(COMI, full throttle, dott etc)
Killer instinct emulated sweet...The best god damn media player on the planet........what can i say why wouldnt you have one of these things in your lounge. And i got the crystal clear case version to which makes it look so 2010 rather than 1984 black and green. my2c

LOTR4U
4th October 2006, 01:10 PM
I got an xbox 360...got it soft modded also......such bad luck for MS this time around that their flagship console was so easily broken into and so early in the piece.......doesnt even need a modchip... i even did my own which is saying something about how simple it is because i wont touch electronics.

And alot of people say that there isnt going to be alot of people doing the dvd mod because it doesnt allow homerew usage only the playing of ripped games......i say bullshit to them. MS would have been better off if they had just broken it to run homebrew but still couldnt run games on it as thats where their money comes from.

Anyways though i do like the 360. The game titles so far to me are not the best, 99 nights was good fun (in an arcade sort of way)..and basically im waiting for all the crazy RPG games. I much prefer to play a game on pc also as i do have pretty much latest greatest pc hardware and games look alot better @ 1920x1200 on PC 24"LCD than they do at 720p or 10801 on a 37" LCD TV. But there is just something that i still like about the simplicity of alot of the games on the consoles...i do like the complex games but sometimes i just like to throw on a game and just start playing it...no lengthy tutorial on how to play etc etc.

I had an xbox1 system and still do....this thing will stay in my lounge forever, 200gig hdd, all my fighting games on there(ported to xbox kof, GG etc), full SNES, NES, GENISIS, MAME(v81 or something) rom sets, Scumm games(COMI, full throttle, dott etc)
Killer instinct emulated sweet...The best god damn media player on the planet........what can i say why wouldnt you have one of these things in your lounge. And i got the crystal clear case version to which makes it look so 2010 rather than 1984 black and green. my2c

I back you up there, I LUVVVVV MY Xbox with the 160 gig hard drive! SWEEETTTTTT :badgrin

bwodie
4th October 2006, 01:19 PM
i worked in London for the xbox team all of last year.
Got to play with container loads of the things very early last year, had to travel around europe promoting them, not to mention the X05 Launch in amsterdam
was a blast!

Smit
4th October 2006, 05:01 PM
i worked in London for the xbox team all of last year.
Got to play with container loads of the things very early last year, had to travel around europe promoting them, not to mention the X05 Launch in amsterdam
was a blast!

How the hell do ya get a job like that!!!
Get me one!

Smit

bwodie
4th October 2006, 06:30 PM
i was applying for IT jobs, and i applied for one at microsoft.
the interview was the day after my 20th birthday, me mate who interviewed me said i stunk like ****in grog. I hadnt been to sleep.
The job was with the events team called NJLIVE. We did promos all over London and europe, game with fame etc etc
met people like heidi klum, jordon, peter andre lol
the staff were late 20's mid 30's and we all got on really well
was an amazing job with amazing pay, but london is a very cold and lonely place!

CampKrusty
4th October 2006, 10:45 PM
I just found a midway xbox disc which has Gaunlet.... loaded it on my Halo version xbox (120gig).....I gotta say i like my modded xbox on my 50 inch plasma with dual x-arcade control set up better than any other console or set up i have ever seen. Can flick thru 1000's of old arcade or straight to modern style games...No break downs no fuss....:p

sneek
4th October 2006, 11:33 PM
I back you up there, I LUVVVVV MY Xbox with the 160 gig hard drive! SWEEETTTTTT :badgrin
Agreed... I use it way more as a media center.

Even though its got a 200gig drive... the ability to stream from my server is just the icing on the cake :D