PDA

View Full Version : MAME messages

felixthadog
16th March 2008, 08:21 PM
I am slowly working my way through my rom-set and I have come across some messages in MAME that I would like to know what they mean and what can be done (if anything) to remove/fix them:

1) One or more ROMs/CHDs for this game are incorrect. The game may not run correctly.
2) The game lacks sound.
3) The video emulation isn't 100% accurate.
4) The sound emulation isn't 100% accurate.
5) Screen flipping in cocktail mode is not supported.
6) The colors are completely wrong.
7) The game has protection which isn't fully emulated.

Matthew

headkaze
17th March 2008, 05:19 AM
I am slowly working my way through my rom-set and I have come across some messages in MAME that I would like to know what they mean and what can be done (if anything) to remove/fix them:

1) One or more ROMs/CHDs for this game are incorrect. The game may not run correctly.
2) The game lacks sound.
3) The video emulation isn't 100% accurate.
4) The sound emulation isn't 100% accurate.
5) Screen flipping in cocktail mode is not supported.
6) The colors are completely wrong.
7) The game has protection which isn't fully emulated.

Matthew

First one means your ROM set does not match your Mame version. If you are constantly updating Mame you have to update your ROM set every revision also. It's a pain but part of being up to date. If you don't update regularly then you still need to have a ROM set to match your Mame version. It's probably harder to find older sets than to get a recent one too I suspect.

BTW TorrentZip's are designed to allow you to update your ROMs without the need to download an entire set again. An absolute must if you update regularly.

The rest are what they say they are. The game in some way is not fully emulated properly. You can't do anything other than hope a future update will fix it.

felixthadog
17th March 2008, 08:41 AM
First one means your ROM set does not match your Mame version. If you are constantly updating Mame you have to update your ROM set every revision also. It's a pain but part of being up to date. If you don't update regularly then you still need to have a ROM set to match your Mame version. It's probably harder to find older sets than to get a recent one too I suspect.

BTW TorrentZip's are designed to allow you to update your ROMs without the need to download an entire set again. An absolute must if you update regularly.

The rest are what they say they are. The game in some way is not fully emulated properly. You can't do anything other than hope a future update will fix it.

Thanks for your response, I thought that the errors might be fixable without updating the MAME version but obviously not :(

Matthew