PDA

View Full Version : project "jacks open"

narf_
15th March 2008, 12:15 AM
12 months of looking while at a mates leaning against a wall and $50 later im now the new owner.

Has had one owner since new and was sited in the late 70's. Needs shopping out as the parts are original and rubbers and globes stuffed and cabinet needs a good paint and scrub up in spots (coindoor is the worst) plus legs will need either replacing or painting

so far im missing 2 coils and where the balls are stored by the look of it besides that the motors ect are all squeaky clean and free moving

playfield looks good to me and backglass im impressed with for its age

this is my first pin so will be taking plently of time before i fire it up

heres hoping and time to dive in and will take all free donations :lol

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/pinball/

pinnies4me
15th March 2008, 07:18 AM
Congrats! That is a very good game, hope you get her going.

stuba
15th March 2008, 09:00 AM
cool, run a resto thread on it.;) whats with the he-man toy? you planning a mod?;)

narf_
15th March 2008, 10:04 AM
lol

probably a stray down the shed :lol

rod71
15th March 2008, 10:08 AM
Nice score!

Excellent game that one. Playfield and Backglass look pretty good!

narf_
15th March 2008, 10:37 AM
yeah the playfield is really nice needs a good clean and backglass looks almost minty. the most noticable wear is the ball trough (as expected) i might install mylar to stop it getting any worse

dezbaz
15th March 2008, 02:22 PM
Lots of work ahead, but good score, well and truly, what a classic!

narf_
15th March 2008, 02:50 PM
yeah there is alot of work

the artwork is damaged the coindoor is really bad but overall is actually alright for its age i reckon. Im going to scrub the sides tonite and get all the fly crap off it

ill take a pic of the insides tonite they are really smick it was stored standing on its back so all the dust and crap had settled on the bottom and left the switches ect nice and clean

once i get the internals going i can slowly do the cabinet which doesnt phase me in its state

and some little fan put KISS on the headbox :lol

Foot
15th March 2008, 03:39 PM
Best $50 bucks you've ever spent!

narf_
15th March 2008, 04:52 PM
im really stoked at it foot

had a go at cleaning the sides its actually paint from the original stencilling

should i leave it as or later repaint perhaps

plus ive tried heaps to find a manual or schematic so far without out any success to work out some missing coils.

Went to take a pic of the insides and spotted a piece of paper poking out the bottom shelf and...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/pinball/P3150562.jpg

inside this was..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/pinball/P3140554.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/pinball/P3150563.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/pinball/P3150564.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/pinball/P3150565.jpg

ive got the shakes with shock and excitement at this project and its less than 24hrs in

those along would make my $$ back and also had a look at the backglass from behind no flaking at all minty fresh :o

narf_
17th March 2008, 12:39 AM
fired the old girl up

score motor kicks over and over so reading on the net there is a switch open somewhere

time to start searching but atleast the old girl is alive

tracked it back to the reset bank so far

dezbaz
17th March 2008, 12:42 AM
Very nice to hear

Good luck

mjdoz
17th March 2008, 12:32 PM
plus ive tried heaps to find a manual or schematic so far without out any success to work out some missing coils.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/pinball/P3150564.jpg
[

Mate that is the schematic. Remeber this is nothing like your arcade games as everything is physical. Check Marvin for hints on how to read.

Michael

narf_
17th March 2008, 03:19 PM
i know it is i spent ages on the net looking for one till i found these

narf_
11th April 2008, 11:59 PM
Been slack last few weeks and got as far as flipping the playfield over to start replacing parts that have been removed

now ive made a heap of room in my shed i can get into the old girl once i figure out some missing brackets :(

stay tuned for noob questions

Strangeways
9th June 2008, 11:29 PM
If you need stencils for this baby, then let me know mate. I repainted my Jacks Open years ago and used acetate sheets.. Pain in butt to create from scratch..

narf_
10th June 2008, 12:03 AM
cheers mate ive been sidetrack atm and this is my next project as the wife has no called it hers

ill be needing some as the old paint still has the original overspray and the coindoor paint is near gone

Strangeways
10th June 2008, 10:03 AM
cheers mate ive been sidetrack atm and this is my next project as the wife has no called it hers

ill be needing some as the old paint still has the original overspray and the coindoor paint is near gone

When you are ready, let me know and I'll post off the stencils... Coin door should be grained, not painted. Post pix when you get the time

narf_
19th June 2008, 12:04 AM
well its been a while since ive been in the old girl

this week i finish my job and hopefully get into another so ive now set my self to get this old girl going again

so revision of the whole senario

i spotted it a while back at a guys house when i was going to look at some parts for arcade cabs. ended up getting a cab and asked about the pin. got told my brother could buy it but the guy (now a mate) wanted his old tech to look at time. time went on and on and i bailed him up as my brother lost interest

$50 i dragged it home untested and as is condition. It fire up but the following issues has occured

they must of had it complete and stolen parts of it at some stage so far ive had off and in the coinbox or missing. All the plastics are good only the centre one is cracked (common prob) also was given a stash of goodies that had spares in there

2 bumper coils
chime unit (got another)
1 flipper coil (missing)
ball eject coil and plunger (sourced)
one bracket for the drop targets (ive hopefully got it)

so far got as far as installing what was missing as much as what i had or could find. I hope once i resolder the score motor coil it should be all go for now under the PF and i can at least start narrowing down any faults

still along way to go but at least i have a nice BG and PF to go on with. Gibo has seen it and given it the thumbs up

just took some new pics too

Also on a handy note my mate has new housemate where i got this from. Its his old pinball tech from the old operator days :). Plan is to get it going and then get the cosmetics done. i dont want a good looking pin that aint going

dezbaz
19th June 2008, 12:12 AM
I love games like that

All them drop targets, that yellow one is so cool.

Thanks for the photos Shannon

narf_
19th June 2008, 12:26 AM
no worries dez

the yellow one is from another game.

will be good to take a break from video games for a while too.

felixthadog
19th June 2008, 08:07 AM
well its been a while since ive been in the old girl

What does your missus have to say about that? :o

Matthew

narf_
19th June 2008, 08:12 AM
:lol. she has been one of the side distractions :badgrin

must admit she has been nagging for it to be going.

Strangeways
19th June 2008, 08:39 AM
If you need any bits - let me know - I have just about everything (used) leftover from my restored Jacks - you are welcome to whatever I have. If you want to repaint the cabinet, I made stencils - again - you can use them - they are acetate sheets so they can do as many games as is required.

Keep the updates coming :)

narf_
19th June 2008, 09:27 PM
sweet as mate

same at my end i have a few parts that dont belong to this pin spare

the mrs is gunna love the good news

narf_
22nd June 2008, 01:51 AM
getting some good signs

been tinkering a bit and now the backglass lights are working, it coins up and when i wack a drop target it starts scoring and game over it starts to reset

so far things are looking up. still a long way to go but ill get there

narf_
22nd June 2008, 08:54 PM
new idea today

all my plastics are good minus the middle one that always gets damaged i read. im going too see if i can get the plastic cut and a decal made to suit by scanning the old one

will post pics if this idea happens

Foot
22nd June 2008, 09:09 PM
Hey Narf did you see what the Prof did with some of his broken plastics? (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=15376) Just a thought

narf_
22nd June 2008, 09:13 PM
i did yeah mate but though while my mate is making good stickers and plastic is cheap as i just get a old piece as the sticker goes on top

i like profs idea too

narf_
24th June 2008, 12:48 AM
the tinkering gets better

had a tinker some more tonite the right flipper is missing so i connected the common wires up together as they are linked on the left. Left flipper kicks like a real bitch now :). also drop targets are scoring as a few switches here and there atm. plus besides the score reels needing a service (bit sticky they are now reseting back to zero

im in the process of making a shopping list of essential parts so sorting out what i really need.

im so happy atm its going along well. i was always worried i was over my head on this one jumping on a unused em for a first time pin.

im getting there slowly

Strangeways
24th June 2008, 08:46 AM
Mate I have leftovers from my restore. Ask and you shall receive !

I don't have the middle plastic above the targets, that is a common broken plastic. I bought a new set from Pinball Resource - and it was worth every cent. If you are working within a budget, there are a few methods described on this site that you can refer to..

Great to hear you are making progress. Sounds like you have the "bug" already :)

spacies
24th June 2008, 08:46 AM
Keep trucking mate. Sounds like you are doing very well!

narf_
24th June 2008, 09:25 AM
cool nino ill pop a pm across

narf_
30th June 2008, 12:15 AM
been sidetracked with personal problems and working late this w.e at my old work

but quick 5 mins has revealed the 2 missing bumper coils had there common wires detached a quick twist to check and bang i know have the working middle bumper working,roll over switches across the top going

game is resetting back now which is great 2 reels need a service but im getting there

originally the game was just spinning the stepper and not resetting ive now discovered the coin mechs need adjusting as the coins are going straight to the reject and getting stuck so from the start it was 20c causing the most chaos

also sold some stuff so time to shop for globes and spare parts to get a game happening.

luckily the 2 missing bumpers are complete underneath and just need to get one more coil and start rebuilding them

AskJacob
30th June 2008, 12:55 AM
originally the game was just spinning the stepper and not resetting ive now discovered the coin mechs need adjusting as the coins are going straight to the reject and getting stuck so from the start it was 20c causing the most chaos

Is this perhaps being caused by the lockout coil bypass mechanism? Was the problem with my Drac after I got round to putting in a coin mech, it would not take coins, until I figured out how to jimmy the bar (reversibly done with a cable-tie) so it would work without the lockout coil (The coil needs to be activated to accept coins)

dezbaz
30th June 2008, 02:35 AM
been sidetracked with personal problems and working late this w.e at my old work

but quick 5 mins has revealed the 2 missing bumper coils had there common wires detached a quick twist to check and bang i know have the working middle bumper working,roll over switches across the top going

game is resetting back now which is great 2 reels need a service but im getting there

also sold some stuff so time to shop for globes and spare parts to get a game happening.

luckily the 2 missing bumpers are complete underneath and just need to get one more coil and start rebuilding them

Narf, did you say something? - I was looking at your avitar LOL

narf_
4th July 2008, 09:51 PM
got a question that ive been wondering about

left hand side of the cabinet inside is a bracket with a switch and attached to this bracket is a piece of wire in a half circle fashion with what appears to be a weight on it (like a sinker)

looks legit and not home made? ill take some pics later tonite once my kids are asleep but its been making me wonder what it is last few days

its just below the flipper on the left :unsure

illawarra_steelers
4th July 2008, 10:00 PM
Post a pix but sounds like a slam tilt

There should be the same in the head, under the playfield and one inside the front door

All OPEN contacts, except the front door

narf_
4th July 2008, 10:03 PM
cheers it is open

the odd thing is the bracket looks like something should go there. dam kids are hyped up atm :lol

jyebow
4th July 2008, 10:04 PM

left hand side of the cabinet inside is a bracket with a switch and attached to this bracket is a piece of wire in a half circle fashion with what appears to be a weight on it (like a sinker)

looks legit and not home made? ill take some pics later tonite once my kids are asleep but its been making me wonder what it is last few days

Without seeing it yet , I'd say it's probably part of the tilt mechanisim or one of the "anti cheat switches". when you post a pic someone will know for sure.

narf_
4th July 2008, 10:07 PM
found a pic

its another pin but same rig

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4538&picno=24762

its the weight thing that has me confused also

jyebow
4th July 2008, 10:12 PM
Looks like the tilt mech. The "plumb bob weight thingy" swings around when tilted & touches the circular bracket & works the tilt relay.
The other chanell bracket should have a ball in it which rolls & activates the switch if the machine is picked up.
hope that make sense.

"plumb bob weight thingy" . I know it's a bad description.
I might go and have another beer.:D

narf_
4th July 2008, 11:53 PM
ahh cheers and thanks for putting up with noob questions

one more for the road

im trying to figure out how the drop target coils go ive got the two on that reset the whole bank but on the back of the right coil (look at the BG) there is a second that resets certain targets

ive been trying to find the right bracket and this one ive got comes closest im i right :unsure

now reading my manual i need a-15555 coil :unsure

bugga bugga

dezbaz
4th July 2008, 11:58 PM

A tilt switch maybe Narf?

narf_
5th July 2008, 12:08 AM
yeah it is dez i found out

ton of them in there. all now wide open :badgrin

Strangeways
5th July 2008, 10:10 AM
you need a bracket AND a coil ?

What is the yellow coil - the one you need ?

narf_
5th July 2008, 09:59 PM
hey nino sorry for any confusion

the coil i needed was a a-1555. i thought i had the right on but they are all larger (dam blue colour thought i had the correct ones spare)

the yellow one i got no idea it was already on the bracket so its there just for testing size ect

Strangeways
5th July 2008, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have the schematic for the game. But there are three coils. Two Blue banded and one yellow banded...

Do you have pictures of the bracket in question ?

narf_
5th July 2008, 10:28 PM
thats my problem nino no bracket originally :(

the bracket was missing so in a box of odds and sods that came from the same operator i found that bracket and it fits the mounts

been trying to find a pic of the whole rig to compare

ive been lucky and most the brackets bar one or two have been loose

Strangeways
5th July 2008, 11:05 PM
thats my problem nino no bracket originally :(

the bracket was missing so in a box of odds and sods that came from the same operator i found that bracket and it fits the mounts

been trying to find a pic of the whole rig to compare

ive been lucky and most the brackets bar one or two have been loose

I have a smaller target bank here somewhere - from a Joker Poker.. I'll take pix and see if it is similar.

narf_
5th July 2008, 11:14 PM
cool mate greatly appreciated

Strangeways
5th July 2008, 11:21 PM
cool mate greatly appreciated

I have a look and if the bracket is intact - I'll send it with the other bits... I have a feeling that I might even have the coils and the mounting plates - just need to check on the actual bracket that is mounted to the target bank - which is what I think you are after.

narf_
5th July 2008, 11:23 PM
cheers heaps nino. its the coil and bracket that goes on the back to only push up the black targets

the old girl will live again. Ill have to ask its old tech for its history one time also

narf_
9th July 2008, 12:38 AM
not much done lately

pf i cleared off bar bumpers, cleaned all up with magic eraser and now i gotta get some polish

i needed to reglobe so thought about time to clean up posts and PF wipe down all plastics ect

its amazing where the crap gets in. also found out i have PF 389

beside novus which i would have to order what is a good bunnings brand of polish i can source local :unsure

AskJacob
9th July 2008, 01:03 AM
For novus you can also try a windscreen place if you want it "right now" - they use it for motorbike windsheilds etc...

Can't say I have found anything suitable at bunnings... if you are meaning stuff like novus 2...

narf_
9th July 2008, 01:06 AM
yeah something along those lines

cheers for the heads up. thought id kill time on top before i reglobe and put the PF back together

Strangeways
9th July 2008, 10:44 AM
For novus you can also try a windscreen place if you want it "right now" - they use it for motorbike windsheilds etc...

Can't say I have found anything suitable at bunnings... if you are meaning stuff like novus 2...

That reminds me of when I started using Novus - No one stocked it in Australia, so I had to go to a Novus Windscreen outlet and bought it off the shelf. They were around $30 then :lol

narf_
10th July 2008, 12:12 AM
box off goodies arrived today from geg

thanks heaps mate for that

got the new flipper bats and shooter all sorted tonite. i would of got more done but the flipper on the right broke a screw to remove the shaft :x. I had to drill it out and after alot of cursing and swearing is sorted.

ill replace that part with another order from greg but for now the one screw seems enough

tommorow is rebuild the bumpers that need doing. all parts are good to go just a matter of installing the brackets and connecting up the coil assemblies

so far so good again

DKong
10th July 2008, 12:35 AM
Keep it up narf, breaking a screw is the worst (more ways than one:badgrin) I did it on a new Flipper base plate for my firepower. I was so careful too. Sets you back hours, and try and explain it to someone when they play it that part took me half a day to rectify. You will become one with the machine eventually;)

narf_
10th July 2008, 12:45 AM
yeah its all good now.

glad i did it to the old ones were complete crap. stay tuned for more cursing and swearing as i go the bumpers

ive been lucky that at least one part is complete so i have a guide to follow if not id still be lost

also the sound the shooter rod makes firing is so sweet

narf_
10th July 2008, 11:06 PM
alot of rubbing later and the police clearance sticker which i reckon is kinda cool too

still need to give it a final wipe again and that spot above the right flipper is still needing a scrub

Strangeways
11th July 2008, 08:35 AM
Great work - that playfield looks awesome... It is not that hard if you are willing to put the time into it...

AskJacob
11th July 2008, 09:26 AM
alot of rubbing later and the police clearance sticker which i reckon is kinda cool too

What a great little bit of history there.

makes me think of 2 things:

1 - a cop had to "inspect" pinballs :)
2 - some poor bugger had to type out a lot of these stickers!

--

Looking mighty nice there. What is your final finish going to be? Wax or clearcoat? (my vote is for wax :))

--

You may already know this, but the wire ball guides lift out pretty easily fromt the playfield if that makes the cleaning easier for you...

Cheers

narf_
11th July 2008, 05:23 PM
cheers guys i didnt know the wire rails come out but they will be for wax time

ill go wax to be original. Im really happy with the PF i remember the first time i saw it i wiped the dust of the glass and saw underneath i was expecting it to be trashed due to age

i also had somewhere a sticker to say that price of games rose from 20-40c due to the consumer price index and prices hadnt changed since 1976 :confused:

narf_
17th July 2008, 09:29 PM
not much happened last few days

everything bar the secondary drop target coil is now finished and ready for soldering

flipper buttons have been replaced with new plastics and thats about it

PF is still a desert till i get some posts and lane guides to rebuild it

soon i keep telling my self soon

Strangeways
17th July 2008, 09:30 PM
Still digging for that bracket, Shannon... I'm sure I have it here..

narf_
17th July 2008, 09:34 PM
no worries nino

ive still got plenty to go on with.

narf_
22nd July 2008, 11:55 PM
well well well

after a crash course of soldering a few coils bar my final one in i flipped over the PF and wacked it back in for a switch test

added some credits put a ball in the eject and pressed start. drop targets all came up and credit reels rolled back to zero. all bumpers are now working and all i got to sort out is the flipper adjustment (plus i need to add a return spring)

just got a few switches not scoring to sort

now just sorting out the niggles. one sticky score reel

also ive come to the conclusion i got no idea what ive been doing sometimes in this project but im dam learning alot

next step is to get some coffers from ebay sales and get me some new posts and laneguides from greg (overseas to much of a mission and i dont wanna wait :lol)

i can use the old ones but with new rubbers they will look like shit and rather do it once

another issue i had was i put the wrong size shooter rod in (pinball came with 3) :lol

and i gave it a hug too :badgrin

so close now i can feel it

Strangeways
23rd July 2008, 08:25 AM
Sounds great mate...

More info on the sticky score reel - what exactly is happening or not happening ?

narf_
23rd July 2008, 08:36 AM
it counts down but half way thru the number 9 it sticks so i give it a gentle shove and away it goes

its trying to move but gets stuck around that point i suspect a bit of gunge or something in the cog near that area

Strangeways
23rd July 2008, 09:07 AM
it counts down but half way thru the number 9 it sticks so i give it a gentle shove and away it goes

its trying to move but gets stuck around that point i suspect a bit of gunge or something in the cog near that area

Very common mate. It will be a switch adjustment on the score reel switch stack. Hard to explain, but check the distance between the points on a working switch stack from an adjacent score reel assy. Nice and easy... Before you adjust, slide out the offending score reel assy, and tighten the screws on the switch stack..

later on down the track - just rebuild the score reel assy...

narf_
23rd July 2008, 11:48 PM
got the pin all globed bar the 1/2 backglass with new 47s tonite

all switches are now working :).

new niggle i discovered: last nite the BG lighting is being tempermental. ill reglobe it and go from there

just wacking a order for new posts and novus in from greg to finish it and give a week or so my first game

might have to get greg to send it via express post to keep the excitment back :)

Strangeways
24th July 2008, 08:28 AM
got the pin all globed bar the 1/2 backglass with new 47s tonite

all switches are now working :).

new niggle i discovered: last nite the BG lighting is being tempermental. ill reglobe it and go from there

just wacking a order for new posts and novus in from greg to finish it and give a week or so my first game

might have to get greg to send it via express post to keep the excitment back :)

BG lighting could be a connector in the head.. Just remove the three connectors and re insert them (while the game is off). the connectors might need to be cleaned with a wire brush.

narf_
24th July 2008, 08:36 AM
yeah im thinking the connectors nino they do need a clean actually

when i got the game they werent working and one day just did

ive had the PF off till last night so that could be why

Strangeways
24th July 2008, 09:00 AM
yeah im thinking the connectors nino they do need a clean actually

when i got the game they werent working and one day just did

ive had the PF off till last night so that could be why

Yes mate - very common. You have two choices - clean then with a wire brush or 180 grit sandpaper (male contacts).. I usually don't clean the female contacts !

narf_
24th July 2008, 09:34 PM
cheers that will be tonites mission

retropin
24th July 2008, 10:23 PM
I give the female side a gentle squeeze with a pair of pliers.. just to make sure they have good tension on all of them

narf_
24th July 2008, 10:30 PM
ahh thanks for the tip

AskJacob
24th July 2008, 10:36 PM
I give the female side a gentle squeeze with a pair of pliers.. just to make sure they have good tension on all of them

:lol

I tried that and got slapped. Certainly increased the tension.

Thankyou. Tip your waitress. Don't try the beef.

narf_
24th July 2008, 10:43 PM

all going well ive decided my next RDO (monday week) will be the big day

ill be popping a ball in and pressing start.

first time the PF has had a ball in around 25 years. will be a day of celebration or heartache i prefer the first one

retropin
24th July 2008, 10:46 PM

I tried that and got slapped. Certainly increased the tension.

Thankyou. Tip your waitress. Don't try the beef.

Mmmmm... key word is GENTLE....Ive crushed the odd one in my time

AskJacob
24th July 2008, 10:51 PM
Sounds like a plan. Don't forget the pics!

Cheers

narf_
24th July 2008, 11:24 PM
got some pics of the girl starting to light up

still going thru the globes under the PF

narf_
25th July 2008, 12:25 AM
and thanks to nino

(still needs more globes but its alive)

Strangeways
25th July 2008, 09:17 AM

Good one Gavin - never thought of that :lol

got some pics of the girl starting to light up

still going thru the globes under the PF

That looks awesome Shannon !!!

I have your target and I'll be sending you pix of the bracket you need - I think I have the exact part.

narf_
25th July 2008, 07:25 PM
cool mate

narf_
26th July 2008, 01:22 AM
globes all done, plastics are clean,shooter is replaced with the correct length

not long now :)

narf_
26th July 2008, 04:47 PM
took some pics today

cleaned up the plastics with the brillianize and wow :o. the crap that came off

so far all original plastics too. And the glass is the original one also from when i got it

she has come along way from the start. gibo saw it in the flesh in the early days

GIBO
27th July 2008, 12:33 PM
Looking good mate , your wax is in the mail

Strangeways
27th July 2008, 12:37 PM
Looks awesome Shannon. There are some marks on the playfield that I assume are the reflection of the playfield glass ?

Looking at the side of the cabinet, it looks great. The front looks a bit tired ! If you ever need my stencils for your game, just let me know.. Something to think about later on down the track.

Well done mate !

narf_
27th July 2008, 04:35 PM
yeah front has had a tough life at some stage it was or has been among the other pins dumped outside in the weather. Inside you can see some parts were rusted slightly but ive been going thru and tidying up

the marks are the reflection of the glass. Down the flipper area has some marks where the mylar has got caught at some stage from the flippers and a odd mark i can get removed but that seems to be in the wood its self. Ill novus next week and wax before rebuilding

cheers geoff for that greatly appreciated

mrs has given me the heads up and wants another EM i said perhaps a newer one she has said no way she wants oldschool

narf_
31st July 2008, 10:47 PM
parts from greg arrived today

just got down the shed PF is novus buffed and one coat of wax is on. if i get time ill start rebuilding the PF tonite

the weekend looks promising :)

narf_
1st August 2008, 01:05 AM
allrighty 11 at night

drop its first ball in over 25 years

it lives to take coin once again. few niggles but its alive and working. the new posts and laneguides really top the old girl off now

dam im so happy atm. Thanks to everyone that has helped get me to this stage with out your help id probably end up putting a for sale sign on the old girl

just need to level her up and play some serious ball to get her back in shape

narf_
2nd August 2008, 12:19 AM
progress pics are in (one globe is being a pain so need to sort out the socket). As you can see my shed is complete chaos around the pin.ill get there now to clean up at long last. i reckon theres about 5 pins of parts scattered across the floor

AskJacob
2nd August 2008, 02:25 PM
Bewdy.

Good to see you felt just like I did when I finally got to fire up my Stern Drac (OK, so mine was SS, but only just ;)).

I really didn't think I'd appreciate the old girl anywhere near as much as I do.

I wonder how much is linked to the involvement with restoring... A bit for sure, but not all of it - as I'd like to get an EM one day soon...

Now all you need to do is get hold of/print those coin inserts!

Cheers
Jacob

TheYellowDart
2nd August 2008, 02:26 PM
Looking good, narf, she's coming up nice!

Do you plan on respraying the cabinet? I like the history an old paint job brings with it, but around that coin door looks pretty rooted.

narf_
2nd August 2008, 09:12 PM
yeah the coindoor is sad

i have considered a respray but at the same time takes away originality and i gotta get the confidence before i do that so i dont bugger it

im happy with it regardless its another pin rescued

narf_
16th June 2009, 06:18 PM
thought id update this machine

it has been purchased from a AA member to be restored beyond what i could do

cant wait to see it clear coated :cool: