View Full Version : Board issues

Virgil Tracy
13th May 2006, 11:43 AM
Today I picked up the following boards
TMNT
Simpsons
Growl
MIA

None of these boards work 100% as I think the cab they were in was running at 13.5 volts which may be the source of the problem

THE TMNT has corrupt back ground graphics at the start but plays and looks okay during the game

The simpsons has good back ground graphics but all character or dynamic images are corrupt

Growl does the same thing

MIA does not even get past the first test screen.

Any ideas the only one I really want to fix a run at 100% is the simpsons the rest I will sell if there is not an easy fix.

Arcade King
13th May 2006, 12:06 PM
TMNT and Simpsons bad mask roms or pins have lifted on customs or customs foobah. Will not be rams as it would not get past the ram test at the start.
Unfortunately despite what some people think board repairs are not always easy fixes like reseating roms.
I just finnished fixing 2 TMNT and those Mask roms are a common problem.

Virgil Tracy
13th May 2006, 05:36 PM
TMNT and Simpsons bad mask roms or pins have lifted on customs or customs foobah. .

HuH

You need to eplain that further as I have no idea what you mean

Arcade King
13th May 2006, 05:39 PM
Mask roms are the big 4 or 8 meg roms either 40 or 42 pin. Customs are the 4 surface mounted chips can't miss them. The legs can lift up and need to be resoldered down. If its the Mask roms they will have to be removed and replaced.