PDA

View Full Version : Snes floppy disk copier

NickD
10th March 2008, 11:33 AM
Ok, I just payed $XX for one of those floppy disk drive's for snes called Supercom Parnter. what are they typically worth? i wanna know if i got ripped off or not..

Berty
10th March 2008, 02:35 PM
Depends on the amount of ram they have, but less than $100 for a 32MBIT version is pretty good.

NickD
10th March 2008, 04:54 PM
Phew... thats a releif. Whats the most i could probably sell it for?

Aractus
12th March 2008, 03:45 PM
I got one recently - I paid $65 plus postage, and it came with an NTSC SNES and about 4 or 5 controllers - so basically it was a steal! It is fully working playing the games from floppies but I don't think its cartridge-reader is working (which is fine - if I've got the Cart I hardly need it to read it for me!) I'd say they're worth no more then about $75.

radirgyman
13th March 2008, 08:57 PM
Damm i remember these things,,I had one about a month after the super fami came out.. About a year or 2 before they hit OZ.. Lots of hours spent on that baby!

NickD
20th March 2008, 03:59 PM
Ok, it just arrived today with a Super famicom..

Before i power it up.. is it safe to use an aus snes power supply?
i dont want to blow it up

XiTaU
20th March 2008, 06:30 PM
i am unsure but check the voltages on the adaptor and the console i cant see there being any conflict.

feeras
20th March 2008, 06:35 PM
the aus power supply is not compatible with a super famicom or copier (i have a sf7)...

NickD
22nd March 2008, 12:44 PM
Ok.. I just read on the net that a Nes Aus power supply does work on a super famicom, Well i pluged it into mine and nothing happened. No explosion and no light signaling its on...

Does that the mean the previous owner has tried something similar and blown it up??

Would it be an easy fix? or is it totally ****ed :cry

EDIT: Swaped fuses with one from my broken snes and it works! :)

But the Copier still doesn't.... Does anybody know where i could get something like that fixed?

schmake
25th March 2008, 01:37 PM
I pretty sure that the SCP takes the same power supply as UFO/GD etc, which is DC 9V or the exact same plug that the Aussie Megadrive/SMS uses.

My memory is rusty with that unit, however some units will still power on (display on-screen) without the PSU plugged in, just the Disk drive won't work. Some require a cartridge to be plugged in.

I'd take it apart to see if the onboard battery has corroded or for other visible signs of distress

Aractus
30th March 2008, 10:09 PM
But the Copier still doesn't.... Does anybody know where i could get something like that fixed?If the copier is designed for PAL then you need to disable the lockout chip in an NTSC unit.