PDA

View Full Version : FT illumination problem

Fish Tales
7th March 2008, 07:35 PM
Just going through checking bulbs on my new FT, and I have no illumination on middle backbox, lower backbox, and upper playfield. This is just general illumination, flashers and other lighting is fine. Anyone point me in the right direction? Getting no error reports either.
Cheers

acejas
7th March 2008, 07:42 PM
OT: congrats on score....missed that u picked one up
Grab yourself a manual mate and it will help you lots

DKong
7th March 2008, 07:42 PM
Check connector J115 (GI) on main board in backbox. Re seat, check for burns on plug. Maybe a short between J115 and bulbs.

mooncresta
7th March 2008, 07:59 PM
As well as J120 and J121 all common on wpc

Fish Tales
7th March 2008, 08:08 PM
J120 has burn marks on the connector, reconnecting got lower backbox lights back! gettin there, and wiggling got the rest working, prob need a new connector though? thanks guys!

hamish_nz
11th March 2008, 10:38 AM
replace both the pins and the connector.
dont get them from jaycar they are not rated high enough

Railways
24th March 2008, 12:39 AM
J120 has burn marks on the connector, reconnecting got lower backbox lights back! gettin there, and wiggling got the rest working, prob need a new connector though? thanks guys! Have a FT myself that had a similar problem and reseating is only an indication of a prob that will come back. Look at Marvins and note the bit about using trifurcon female teminals in the connector plug and definetly replace the header pins on the board. As said J-121 J-120 very common and there was an idea if you replaced the GI golbes with #47 in lieu of #44 to lower the current draw to stop reburning the plugs but Iv'e found by fitting trifurcon(3sided contact) terminals and a decent header bin it's been ok for 2 years now

Skybeaux
24th March 2008, 07:29 AM
Have a FT myself that had a similar problem and reseating is only an indication of a prob that will come back. Look at Marvins and note the bit about using trifurcon female teminals in the connector plug and definetly replace the header pins on the board. As said J-121 J-120 very common and there was an idea if you replaced the GI golbes with #47 in lieu of #44 to lower the current draw to stop reburning the plugs but Iv'e found by fitting trifurcon(3sided contact) terminals and a decent header bin it's been ok for 2 years now

Sounds like you did the job properly!

Whenever i repair someone's G.I problems i always use 7 amp male headers and Trifurcon female terminals as well.
No complaints so far.

Fish Tales
24th March 2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks, will pass that info onto the guy who is going to fix this, and the restarting problems its having. FT looks great I have re-rubbered and cleaned the playfield and plastics. Cant play her though till she is fixed, resets and blows fuses when I get rock the boat lol Cant get a decent score without it reseting, just gotta get on top of some bills here!
:cool:

slevbro
24th March 2008, 11:53 PM
there is one on site at the silky oak cafe in Greta that will get you through

Fish Tales
25th March 2008, 08:12 AM
I am starving for a game of pinball, but Greta is just a bit far!
lol