PDA

View Full Version : Neo Geo Multi Cartridge legitimacy

gints
28th February 2008, 01:06 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if these kind of Neo Geo multi cartrideges
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEO-GEO-MVS-16-in-1-PCB-cartridge_W0QQitemZ170196568855QQihZ007QQcategoryZ 3945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
are legitimate and indistinguishable from the originals, or do they employ some form of compression/emulation etc.

I've already got a MAME cab so i can 'play' these games NEARLY perfect, so if I am going to bother with a proper MVS board I would like to think that these are the real deal.

Opinions?

vocalninja
28th February 2008, 01:19 PM
They aren't legit. Orginate in China/Hong Kong.

If youre getting a 15khz picture out of your mame cab, why bother with pirated shit?

Check out Excellentcom if youre still interested. They go for cheap.

Mr_Staypuft
28th February 2008, 01:52 PM
1. Neo Geo equivalent of $5 Rolexes.

2. I'd suggest either stay with MAME, or go "real", rather than this "half step".

gints
28th February 2008, 03:04 PM
yeah that's what I thought would be the case. No point in trying to go authentic with a real board and then using dodgy games.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

stu
28th February 2008, 04:08 PM
I have a different opinion.....

If you have a mame setup and it works fine, then keep that.

If you have a neogeo baord and want the games on the 16in1 and dont want to buy each of them seperate then i would say go for it.. As far as i have heard there are no operating issues with any of the games.

For the sake of the games in mame being "nearly perfect".....the only reason i would go with original hardware is if you were a purist...or of course your mame cab wasn't running in 15k and you wanted the video to display with scanlines like the original.

Brad
28th February 2008, 07:09 PM
I agree. They're not legitimate but as far as I'm aware their original roms aren't they? I'd pop one in my slot 1 neogeo no problem. Rather that than buying separate carts and then changing them all the damn time.

Brad

DevoDave
28th February 2008, 09:00 PM
As long as they are the original game and not some dumbass 'hack' the Asian market seems to delight in, then I would whack them in my cab.