PDA

View Full Version : PS2 compilation discs - great for cab setup

gints
25th February 2008, 09:17 AM
Hey guys,

In my south east asian travels last month I found a few PS2 compilation discs that I plan to use in my PS2 cab install once finished. Mostly fighting and stuff, the discs are as follows.

CAPCOM 5 - in - 1
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Remix
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Street Fighter Anniversary (SF3: 3rd Strike and SF2: Hyper Fighting)
Capcom Fighting Evolution

10 in 1 Fighting
One Piece
Rumble Fish
Unknown SNK Jap game
Zatchbell
Dragon Ball Z
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Dead or Alive 2
Spectral Vs Generation
Guilty Gear X

11 in 1 Sky Shooting
Ibara
Mushinimesama
Spyvariar
Gunbird
Trizeal
Raiden 3
Espgaluda
Gradius V
DoDonPachi
Homura
Contra Shattered Soldier

Metal Slug Anthology (I think this is a real game, all 7 MSlugs anyway)

Havent tested EVERYTHING yet, but all seems to be in order and everything seems to work from what i've tried.

If anyone would like to make a copy of these or anything (and of course you already own all these games and just want the convenience of a compilation :rolleyes) give us a bell.

Savage
25th February 2008, 09:57 AM
Mate that sounds great, wonder how they fit on a dvd pm sent!

gints
25th February 2008, 10:05 AM
At first I was very sceptical, made the Thai girl to agree to give me a refund if they didn't work once they arrived (you order it in store, she makes a call, then a runner comes 15min later with the discs).

I booted it up on her TV and went into Cap Vs Snk 2, and the character sprites looked TERRIBLE, like chunky as ****, so I figured they must've fit them all on by downsampling all the spirtes and animation (would be a helluva lot of work, or maybe not even possible to decompile/recompile).

Once I got them home and gave them a burl, all the games look perfect. The problem in Thailand was that they were running on a shit quality widescreen LCD TV at 480i. I think between the digitisation/stretching/upscaling and the fact that it was a shit TV just ruined it. Played them on a good old 80cm CRT tele, looks a treat.

Funny how on a "better" display, they end up looking far far worse.

DKong
25th February 2008, 10:09 AM
Do the Shooters on PS2 have an option, like DC to run on a vertical monitor?

gints
25th February 2008, 10:17 AM
Ill check that out now, would be a pretty lazy effort if they didn't...

IBARA - YES: Rotate Right or Left
Mushinimesama - YES: Rotate right of left
Espagaludea - YES: Rotate right or left

Well I've got to head out, but 3 out of 3 so far, pretty good indication, I'd say most can do it.

Foot
25th February 2008, 10:55 AM
Shoot em ups compile looks good. Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, will these play on a standard PS2?

gints
25th February 2008, 11:10 AM
no unfortunately they won't

Savage
25th February 2008, 06:05 PM
Cheers to Gints who came over and was kind enough to le me take backups of these, yet to try out, I've run out of DVDs:o

XiTaU
25th February 2008, 09:32 PM
ive downloaded compilation like that from blackcats i think one of the users over there made them and it looks like they have reached asia. They are good compilations there are quite a few others about including one for gun games.

Pempoii
25th February 2008, 09:47 PM
whats the mvsc2 remix?
im guessing its just a music hack?

gints
25th February 2008, 10:19 PM
Cheers to Gints who came over and was kind enough to le me take backups of these, yet to try out, I've run out of DVDs:o

Not a problem, those awesome pins made my day :) Also I think I left those KOF Cab stickers there...maybe next time :)

Crafty
25th February 2008, 10:23 PM
ive downloaded compilation like that from blackcats i think one of the users over there made them and it looks like they have reached asia. They are good compilations there are quite a few others about including one for gun games.

OK have you got the gun games one???

Very interested if you have. So far I have for the PS2

Time Crisis 3, End Game, and Vampire Nights as well as Ghoul Panic and Time Crisis 1 from the PS1..

Always looking for the other shooting games.

From memory I still need Ninja Assault, Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 4, Gun Com, there are others but I forget at the moment...

XiTaU
25th February 2008, 10:34 PM
i dont have it but i have all the games on the collection its just time crisis 2,3 and crisis zone.