PDA

View Full Version : Who got the bargain?

bretty
6th May 2006, 10:29 PM
Someone picked up a cheap pinny today.It was advertised in the Adelaide paper for $250.I called at 7.45am but as I expected it was sold.:x Dont think the seller really knew what she was doing,she wasn,t even sure what it was called when I asked.Thought it was Flying Ace or something?:unsure
Who cares at $250 what a bargain.Im bettin Jeff picked it up?Anyways good work ya lucky bastard.

jeff
7th May 2006, 08:44 AM
Im bettin Jeff picked it up?
nope wasnt me, i rang around 7 am and it was already gone :cry
i havent picked up a cheap pinny out of the paper for a long time now, used to get up a lot earlier but theres a lot more people on the scene now competing for same stuff ;)
i wouldnt be suprised if just a joe citizen style dude without any pins picked it up, or i know an antique dealer who looks for them
so may chase him up and see if he got it :badgrin
there was also another pin in paper that sold a few months back for $20 :o
yes you read that right :o
dont know what it was or who got it but lady said they thought it was only worth that because legs had rust on them :cry

bretty
7th May 2006, 10:21 AM
there was also another pin in paper that sold a few months back for $20 :o
yes you read that right :o
dont know what it was or who got it but lady said they thought it was only worth that because legs had rust on them :cry

:cry :x :cry Didnt see that one.Ya gotta be quick.Im not prepared to get up early every weekend in the hope there is something advertised at a ridiculous price so cant see me getting a bargain like that.but good luck to whoever is picking up these machines,Im only jealous.

rottenpig
7th May 2006, 10:35 AM
you are lucky you don't live around brissy. there's an arcade dude whos missus works for the weekend shopper or whatever newspaper it is. i've gone to ring up as early as 5.00 in the morning for real bargains on arcade machines and the people always say 'oh, it was sold 2 days ago' or whatever. that bastard keeps buying the good stuff before it's even published.

Arcade King
7th May 2006, 10:42 AM
you are lucky you don't live around brissy. there's an arcade dude whos missus works for the weekend shopper or whatever newspaper it is. i've gone to ring up as early as 5.00 in the morning for real bargains on arcade machines and the people always say 'oh, it was sold 2 days ago' or whatever. that bastard keeps buying the good stuff before it's even published.

Surly thats illegal?

Ric
7th May 2006, 10:45 AM
i don't see why that is illegal

The whole point of clasisfied is to sell the item

if someone gets an insdie running that is just good luck rather than anything dubious

buzzbox
7th May 2006, 10:51 AM
Is that like buying share's when you work for the stock market ? lol (Bit of inside info never hurts ?)

bretty
7th May 2006, 11:01 AM
One of the lerks and perks I guess.Dont we all ge a little extra or advantage (depending on the business)from our workplace.

pigsie
7th May 2006, 12:40 PM
Someone picked up a cheap pinny today.It was advertised in the Adelaide paper for $250.I called at 7.45am but as I expected it was sold.:x Dont think the seller really knew what she was doing,she wasn,t even sure what it was called when I asked.Thought it was Flying Ace or something?:unsure
Who cares at $250 what a bargain.Im bettin Jeff picked it up?Anyways good work ya lucky bastard.

wasn't me either, my wife saw it and made me ring about lunchtime I told her it was a waste of time and I was right, but I couldn't tell her that

pigsie

terry007
7th May 2006, 12:54 PM
Wasnt me..........I stopped looking for pinny bargains in the paper long ago.

judgeboz
7th May 2006, 09:32 PM
Wasn't me - I rang at about 8:00am.

rottenpig
7th May 2006, 09:34 PM
Surly thats illegal?

its not illegal but dam it sucks ass for everyone else.

jeff
7th May 2006, 10:27 PM
that $20 pin i mentioned this morning was actually $70, still too cheap :cry
im pretty sure that brisbane thing would stop real quick if the paper knew it was happening.
wouldnt be too hard to find out who was responsible, isnt it insider trading
defeats the purpose of getting paper early and i think it sucks:x (because i dont know how to do it :cry )

Mickey Juice
8th May 2006, 08:43 AM
I work at a newspaper and could do that... but I do, 'cause there's never any bargains anyway!
There was one on the weekend... 1974 EM for $1200. Sega Frankenstein a few months ago for $3500.

bretty
15th May 2006, 12:08 AM
Seems that machine may not have been what we thought.This popped up on ebay in Adelaide.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/flying-aces-pinball_W0QQitemZ6279904513QQcategoryZ3945QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem
feel much better now:D Wonder whether it was bought unseen over the phone and now they just want to offload it or if they thought they could make a quick profit.That is if its the same machine.

jeff
15th May 2006, 09:02 AM
i seen that too and reckons it the one,
the seller is a courier driver and gets up real early,
i think its him because it looks like an AUSTIN POWERS pin in the background, that one has a dent in the playfield caused by an axe :badgrin
edit-not sure if its an axe or something else,may be getting it confused with a TZ i know of that someone has had a go at with an axe among other things, its got pf some damage though

pigsie
22nd May 2006, 03:39 PM
if this is the $250 machine, it hardly seems worth the trouble, so far he's set to make $30 less ebay fees and the hassle/cost of picking it up etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/flying-aces-pinball_W0QQitemZ6279904513QQcategoryZ3945QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Pigsie