PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Pinball Flyer

elvis
6th May 2006, 02:52 PM
Spotted this on TAFA:
http://www.arcadeflyers.net/index.php?page=flyerdb&subpage=thumbs&id=5097

Anyone played one of these? I know it's not the real thing, but I'm wondering if it would be a low-maintenance option for folks like myself who don't have entire weeks spare just to fix pins when they decided to go bang in the night?

rottenpig
6th May 2006, 03:29 PM
i noticed that they are using models or as i like to call them 'extremely boneable chicks' to sell their product, what kind of hot chick plays a virtual pinball machine - seriously. dam nerds.

by the way, in response to your post, i have 3 of those machines... but i could be lying.

NMD
6th May 2006, 03:54 PM
lol entire weeks to fix a pin when they go bang in the night? Maybe if you throw a big bunger in...

To be honest i dont have much of an opinion on that thing at all, looks pretty crap actually

elvis
6th May 2006, 04:09 PM
i noticed that they are using models or as i like to call them 'extremely boneable chicks' to sell their product, what kind of hot chick plays a virtual pinball machine - seriously. dam nerds.
Yeah I just ignored that. There's one flyer where the young lass' nipple almost jumps out of the page and whacks you in the eye. Great marketing ploy there!

lol entire weeks to fix a pin when they go bang in the night? Maybe if you throw a big bunger in...

To be honest i dont have much of an opinion on that thing at all, looks pretty crap actually
Every pinball owner I talk to constantly goes on about the bits and bobs they need to repair in their units. Add all the hours up over the course of a year and you've quickly thrown away days if not weeks of your time (or at least it sounds that way from the whinging I hear).

I'd love to own a pin, but I barely have enough time as it is to spend hours constantly trying to track down non-working parts in something that is entirely mechanical.

With that said, yes these Virtual Pinball tables look crap in comparison to the real deal. But it's a bit like sex: even if it's crap, at least you're getting some.

I wonder if we'll see any of these units in Australia any time soon. Having said that, every time I'm in an arcade with a pinball machine in it, the thing sits lonely and untouched in the corner. Could just be sleepy Brisbane of course. Every arcade is empty around here these days. :(

rottenpig
6th May 2006, 04:46 PM
that's the one thing i hate about arcades. they only have 1 pinball machine in most and they hardly ever change them for new or even just different ones. pinballs are the main thing i want to play when i go mainly because i can't afford one and they are heaps of fun. that virtual pinball does look pretty crappy though, i don't think we'll ever see it.

NMD
6th May 2006, 04:50 PM
Every pinball owner I talk to constantly goes on about the bits and bobs they need to repair in their units. Add all the hours up over the course of a year and you've quickly thrown away days if not weeks of your time (or at least it sounds that way from the whinging I hear).
Fair enough, for me its a hobby and i dont mind putting the time in to restore them which is usally cosmetic work but there is some mechanical and electrical. Ive seen games straight off site and yes they are treated like shit and have some really dodgey fixes, just like my WCS from good ol' Jone Prower

I'd love to own a pin, but I barely have enough time as it is to spend hours constantly trying to track down non-working parts in something that is entirely mechanical.
Parts are very easy to find and if you maintain a machine well during home use its not going to cause you too much grief, i mean its not like they are turned on 14+ hours a day and played 50+ times or more a day like they were designed to be. Ive only ever had minor problems with pins and the fix was usually something simple like replacing a fuse or just a small adjustment to a certain part. I think its a bit of a myth that pinballs are terribly high maintanence [in home use]

I wonder if we'll see any of these units in Australia any time soon.
I dare say you could probably pickup something similar at a store like Target or K-Mart

Every arcade is empty around here these days.
Sucks doesnt it ? I was in an arcade in darling harbor yesterday having a game on the LOTR pinball and it was empty except for the guy running it who was playing a shooter the whole time i was there.. nobody else even walked through the door. A sportbar round the corner from that arcade which had a couple of pins, a driver and a street fighter machine had closed down sometime in the last month which was a bit of a downer :cry

EDIT: There was also a Simpsons Pinball Party in the arcade i was at and it was FILTHY. So many finger marks on the glass the lighting looked blurred and it looks as though the pinballs themselves had been dipped in mud before being put in the game as there was a noticable coat of dirt on most of the playfield

rottenpig
6th May 2006, 04:59 PM
There was also a Simpsons Pinball Party in the arcade i was at and it was FILTHY. So many finger marks on the glass the lighting looked blurred and it looks as though the pinballs themselves had been dipped in mud before being put in the game as there was a noticable coat of dirt on most of the playfield

that also doesn't help in getting people in to play games - broken machines, machines that just won't work at all, un-cleaned arcade etc. i mean, you said these places were empty, what the hell else do these operators have to do, fix a machine dam it.