PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Mamewah

humpalot
6th May 2006, 11:09 AM
I'm having trouble with mamewah v1.61 in that I can't get it to exit and shutdown windows. I change the settings with the config program but it keeps on reverting back to choice, but just exits to windows. I edit and change the mamewah.ini file and too has no effect, just keeps exiting to windows. Any idea's?

elvis
6th May 2006, 02:29 PM
Are you editing the config file while MAMEWah is running?

If so, you can't do that. MAMEWah reads the config file into memory and then writes it again on close. Any changes you make to the file while MAMEWah is running will be wiped on close. Make sure it's totally shut down before editing config files.

If not, then I dunno - I'd have to go through it myself (mine is set to the default "choose" option).

humpalot
6th May 2006, 06:27 PM
I'll check it out with task manager to make sure that it's still not running after shuting it down.

DKong
8th May 2006, 03:06 PM
Can you post your config ini I am running 1.61 and mine exits windows from the menu in Mamewah

humpalot
9th May 2006, 05:33 PM
Problem is now sorted, I installed the latest beta version of mamewah and everything is working fine :D

DKong
9th May 2006, 09:42 PM
That's good..What are the changes in the new beta of mamewah?

Smit
13th May 2006, 02:25 PM
Problem is now sorted, I installed the latest beta version of mamewah and everything is working fine :D

Did ya just have to install the new Mamewah into the old Mamewah folder (utilising all the same .ini files) or did ya have to do a complete re-install of Mamewah?

( I ask cause I'll do this if a complete re-install is not needed)

Smit

humpalot
13th May 2006, 03:51 PM
I just copied and pasted over the top. As for changes between the version it's best to have a read of his web site.