PDA

View Full Version : Pinball purchase from Highway

asalza
2nd May 2006, 01:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a pinball machine from Highway Entertainment in Newcastle. What was the quality of the pinball machine etc etc. Cheers Angelo

Shock_And_Awe
2nd May 2006, 01:35 PM
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a pinball machine from Highway Entertainment in Newcastle. What was the quality of the pinball machine etc etc. Cheers Angelo

I am a fan of Highway and have always experienced good service there but there is no doubt that their pinballs are expensive and most in very poor condition. Expensive may not be fair to say when you compare to other dealers, but they are expensive compared to what you pay on eBay. Maverick and I went through their basement a couple of months ago and there weren't any that I thought were of any value. I understand that the pinball stock they currently have, will be their last and they will focus on the electronics side of the business in future.
That's my opinion anyway but may be worth a visit yourself if you're nearby???

asalza
2nd May 2006, 02:04 PM
Thnx for that...Unfortunately, it's a bit of a hike for me to visit...I was just having a
look at their website, thinking that I might pick something up that I can refurb, but
if the machines are in bad shape, I dont think I want to spend that sort of money
to buy it, and then the cost to fix up...
Cheer Angelo

Ric
2nd May 2006, 02:08 PM
Highway got burnt a couple of years ago reimporting what looked to be machines from Germany. The machines appeared to have eitehr be badly packaged or trashed somewhere along the way.

They brought in a few WMS but heaps of Gottliebs and Data Easts. They ended up selling a lot of non-working games at reduced prices (inclduing even trying to offload 3 pinball package deals) and what they have now is, I think the dregs of that shipment.

Shock and Awe is right that they are not looking at pins and concetrating on vids and redemption in the future

Ric

humpalot
2nd May 2006, 02:09 PM
I've purchased 2 pinballs through highway. Ask them for the tech report and extra photo's with the glass removed. I will only deal with Steve from there and have been happy with the prices and service.