PDA

View Full Version : raiden 2

rock
30th April 2006, 12:10 AM
how do i get raiden 2 two work
all the versions dont any help???

The Pinny Parlour
30th April 2006, 12:18 AM
I don't believe it's playable yet. As of not that long ago anyway.

rock
30th April 2006, 12:44 AM
dam its the best one!
purple fire!!!!!!

feeras
30th April 2006, 09:39 AM
Hi,

The best version (that works) seems to be the PSX version, Raiden Projects. This works really well using epsxe and psx 1.4 (although the gameon psx 1.4 is not centered and stays to the left hand side of the screen). The explosions and sounds are really good on the psx version.

Anyone know what the difference between Raiden DX and Raiden 2? They look the same to me...

Cheers,
feeras

Berty
30th April 2006, 04:36 PM
There was a PC port of Raiden 2 and i believe that it is now considered to be abandonware. I have got a copy floating around somewhere. Its not as good as the arcade version (music in particular).

DX had that homing laser weapon, plus it was graphically superior. It was on their Seibu SP-1 board which was based on 386 intel cpu and Texas Instruments blitting hardware.

feeras
1st May 2006, 11:31 AM
The PC ports for Raiden 1 and Raiden 2 were not very good. The graphics were sub-par as I recall. They are considered abandonware and can be gotten at:

www.the-underdogs.info

I think that's the site.

There are various other shooters on that website.

elvis
1st May 2006, 02:57 PM
I don't believe it's playable yet. As of not that long ago anyway.
Graphic encryption hasn't been broken yet. Playing the game via MAME brings up a very garbled title screen, and then crashes immediately.

I don't know if anyone has bothered to attempt a brute force or anything yet.

rock
1st May 2006, 05:02 PM
can i brute froce it ??

elvis
1st May 2006, 06:51 PM
can i brute froce it ??
If you have to ask, then the answer's "no". :)

rock
1st May 2006, 06:55 PM
ha hah